Topic: boxea and pedals

Hi al. I had posted this up in the other section but got no response. I bought a used Tele awhile back and I'v gotten quit comfortable w/ it. I'd now like to invest in some type of box or pedal etc. that will give me the most bang for the buck out of. Any suggestions? used is good

Re: boxea and pedals

Hey Butch, I recently purchased a new digitech rp355 modeling guitar processor. In my opinon a big bang for the

bucks. $200.00 at GC. This unit is full of goodies. I haven't been able to check out all of the function but here

are a few:     drum machine, wah/volume pedal (3 wah types), stompbox mode(chorus-delay-distorton etc.),

tuner, learn a lick mode, 17 second looper, 70 factory presets, build your own presets-70?,

select pickup types, select amp types, aux input for cd-mp3, -----more.          Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Thanks papa that sounds like the ticket!!

I have the RP355 also. I love the looper. Like Papa, I also havn't checked out all the features. Theres just so many. There are cheaper multi effect units. The RP55 is about 45 bucks and still has a lot of stuff in it. A friend got one on craigslist for $25.

Distortion or delay.

Those are the first 2 i go for.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Depends on what sound you are looking for. A chorus pedal will add some richness and depth to your sound, a reverb can add depth but hopefully your amp will have that built in. For a little bit of "grit", a distortion pedal can help. My current set up is a Tuner-chorus-delay-distortion...I also have an RC-20 Loop pedal that's lots of fun! That gets most of the stuff that I like to play. Hope this helps!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

hey butch, what kind of amp are you playing out of and what kind of music or musician  do you want to sound like

what a long strange trip it's been

Hi patrick I have a cheepy $60.00 amp from Wal-Mart it has trebel, mid and bass as wellas distortion. I only play it w/ headphoes, Mrs. insisits. I play a mix of country, rock etc. the digitech soungs like a lot of bang for the $$

hey there butch I forgot to congradulate on your tele, in my opinion and I do stress my opinion which perhaps is different from others I would concentrate on a new amp before buying an effects pedal. with a tele I would most definitly go for a tube amp. I have a practice amp which is in the 150 dollar area which I am pleased with. fender champ 600 tube amp one knob only for volume which makes it very simple to ajust. I use a fender 65 deluxe reverb amp pedal made by boss with which I am for the most part satisfied with. I have hooked up that little champ 600 to larger speaker cabinets and was really surprised with the sound. by the way it only has a 6 in speaker. I have a larger amp that has 4 , 10 in speakers and I hooked that little champ 600 to them and it had no problem belting out quite a punch. I thaught it sounded great. and then again you can always turn it down low or to the same volume as an acoustic guitar

what a long strange trip it's been

Butch8844 wrote:

Hi patrick I have a cheepy $60.00 amp from Wal-Mart it has trebel, mid and bass as wellas distortion. I only play it w/ headphoes, Mrs. insisits. I play a mix of country, rock etc. the digitech soungs like a lot of bang for the $$

If you play primarily thru headphones then might check out the Line 6 pocket Pod. I have one that I keep out in my shop. You can plug headphones directly into it, or use it inline with an amp, or inline to your computer.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Thanks for the info jay. It's a neet looking unit