Re: What are you playing right now??

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Trying to get a good job on "Lover Lover" by Jerrod Niemann.
I plan to use my Helicon Vocal Harmonizer to get 3-part harmony.
I think I found a simple guitar line that has high energy and won't step on the vocal too much.
I stumbled through it twice. It may clean up before I kick the bucket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKaJ9UTZUhQ

Gonna write that sucker down from G to E.

Toots... I LOVE this song!  My girls like to sing it too.  I think they mostly like that the chorus is easy to remember wink  If you do write it down, send me the chords, but only if they're easy.  ha ha!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Emmylou Harris - All I intended to be.

I love a bit of Emmylou

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

mekidsmom wrote:
tubatooter1940 wrote:

Trying to get a good job on "Lover Lover" by Jerrod Niemann.
I plan to use my Helicon Vocal Harmonizer to get 3-part harmony.
I think I found a simple guitar line that has high energy and won't step on the vocal too much.
I stumbled through it twice. It may clean up before I kick the bucket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKaJ9UTZUhQ

Gonna write that sucker down from G to E.

Toots... I LOVE this song!  My girls like to sing it too.  I think they mostly like that the chorus is easy to remember wink  If you do write it down, send me the chords, but only if they're easy.  ha ha!

Dear MKM, Two chords-G and C. I lowered it to A and E to make the fingering simpler.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I have paused Jolene to learn "Price Tag" by Jessie J featuring  B.o.b. Fun stuff. Just started it about 30 minutes ago. Hope to debut it at the jam. smile

Dream a little dream of me. ( mamma's and pappa's)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Black Panther, a traditional drinking song!

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show. Who would think a 69 yr old man would like this song?  Put a minor chord in a song and I'm hooked.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

All in All. It's a Christian song. I've known it for a long time and played it at my Grandpa's church once, but now I'm playing it fingerstyle. Kinda making it up as I go.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Goin Home by Goose Creek Symphony and Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band.

Joe

Finally learning Folsom Prison Blues.  It's actually pretty easy, as it turns out.  And it 's really a fun song.  I'm also learning "I Could Kick Your Ass", by Justin Moore.  That's a real crowd pleaser.  In some crowds anyway.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

deadstring wrote:

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show. Who would think a 69 yr old man would like this song?  Put a minor chord in a song and I'm hooked.

I recorded a couple of kids playing Wagonwheel at Wintergrass this year.  The nine year old banjo player says to me "You know Wagonwhee? It's the new Freebird."

I about rolled over laughing.

We just busted out a tasty punked up version of the Stone's "Painted Black" on Sunday.   It's going into the set list.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Just now finished playing Hello in there-John Prine  Although it took 3 times to sound even close to good.

Trying to put together Stairway to heaven I know all the guitar parts individually but having REAL troubles putting them all together

AND (like that isn't enough) Learning the chorus to This Masquerade by George Benson.  I play it in D starting out in Dm but I'll be darned it must be part of the B conspiracy because I can't get my Cm7 to finger ARGH..... Practice practice practice

Just wrote a one line song about breakfast.  It should come in at seven minutes.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars. There are a couple of difficult (for me) transitions in there, so it's not very smooth but I like to play it anyway. Now my fingers are tired, but may manage to stumble through Set the Fire to the Third Bar which is an old favorite before I call it a night.

jerome.oneil wrote:

Just wrote a one line song about breakfast.  It should come in at seven minutes.

Jerome are you pulling our legs, oneline?, seven minutes?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman