Topic: How many do I need

I have an acoustic and electric strata I want a semi hollow body what else I'm I going to need

Let no talents go unused

Re: How many do I need

Depends on what you want to play, how much budget you have, and how much storage space you have access to. smile

Looks like someone is getting GAS.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

That is about what I have,except I have a small classical takamine acoustic that I leave next too my usual spot on the couch so I can play a little every day even when I watch tv,it keeps my fingers,callouses etc. in condition. I call it my beater I only paid $25.00 for it, but I got a good guitar that sounds good and plays well. My next guitar will be a Martin D-28!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I never met a guitarist who didn't feel they needed at least 1 more guitar.....or a spouse who wanted them to get rid of some.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Aside of getting Guitar Acquisition Syndrome (G.A.S.) we've all been though wanting to get at least one more, as Jets60 explains (good stuff, by the way!). With my Norman out on long-term loan, that leaves an electric, a steel string acoustic, and a classical. This pretty well covers every style I play, which is the real question for anyone. In learning a new song with any degree of complexity, I typically try to learn it on the classical first. That way the fingering for both ends gets developed right, which then transforms over to the others.

Had an unexpected guitar jam yesterday,  all five of my acoustic's were in use, that is why you need many..     yep its true..

badeye    cool

one caper after another

I suspect you need a baritone acoustic, a twelve string acoustic, an acoustic-electric bass, a baritone uke, a tenor uke, at least one strat, an SG, and if you haven't got a Gibson or a Martin you need one of those, and it wouldn't hurt to have two or three amps, a sound board, some speakers and monitors, microphones to mic the instruments and your voice, maybe one to four for ambience in the room, and then a Fender jazz bass and another amp for that, then you can talk to Russell and Jerome about the pedals you'll need.  Better start saving. 

Or, you can get by with one acoustic that fits your hand nicely.  It's all up to what you want to do and how much you have to spend doing it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You need all of them, of course.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome has the correct answer - every single guitar you play will sound and play differently than all others - It's all about budget - I own all I can (presently) afford to own - and I'm always on the lookout for the next addition!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Zurf, you forgot about a float tube, kayak, waders, oh wait wrong list.

I myself have 4 acoustics and I really don't know why other than GAS. Been sorta looking at Les Pauls lately. Just remember, need and want are two very different things.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are all crazy.  I have three, only play two and want many more if I could afford it.  Whats the argument?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Is 10 guitars and  6 amps too many?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

NOPE :-)  YOU LUCKY DOG. Does that include your daughters stuff too or just yours?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

NOPE :-)  YOU LUCKY DOG. Does that include your daughters stuff too or just yours?

That`s just mine. I have a knack for finding deals. A lot I have picked up cheap.Actually, I am selling some little by little because I am running out of room.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Just had the good fortune to get a cj165 Gibson.. it is sweet..  did I need it - no, I have a few acoustics..  but I had an Epi Dot that I found I just wasn't playing much.. granted it looked great - natural, a real beauty..  Decided to trade it in toward the Gibson..  best move.  I love this guitar.  Extremely different than my HD28 Martin but a great addition.  Now it seems I'm beginning to hunt down an arch top..  its a disease I tell ya..

17 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-02-12 21:38:16)

February is a great month to let G.A.S. run rampant!

A great many people have their Credit Card statements from December coming due, and are lean on cash flow for paying bills. So now the past victims of G.A.S. are putting their excess gear on KIJIJI and other sites for sale, and the year's best deals are abounding. This now enables people with a current case of G.A.S. to go cannibalistic on past sufferers, in order to get their gear at a fraction of the original cost. It's the brutality of economics arm-in-arm with opportunistic savagery, i.e., civilization.

And the wheels of progress clickety-clack along: "gotta get it ... gotta get it ... gotta get it".

We need a like button past post spoke like true addicts

Let no talents go unused

Now that we live on a boat, I only have room for my acoustic guitar. I had to move my Gibson electric, tuba and p.a. set into my buddy's music studio.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

hey joey, your collection reminds me of that "travelling willburys" song; "cool dry place" if you haven't heard it, it's well worth a listen, and it seems to fit your situation well

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Just think...there must be well over a hundred variations of the Fender Stratocasters! And the Les Pauls? Or Tellys? Then the thousands of clones of those three! Hmmmm, solid body with Single coil pickups or Humbuckers? What about a hollow body electric? GAS will get ya!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

the content of this post has been deleted, it did not reflect the theme of the original post and was completed by spam. so it's all gone, so suffer all spammers.

phill

**spam links removed RH**

You'll need acoustics in different sizes and woods.  smile  If I count up all the guitars in this house, I believe there are 8.  2 are electric.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

You don't need a reason, just some money to get that next great deal.  It's all relative.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Guitars and motorcycles, I can never have enough of both !

Without rock and roll, there is no music.