Re: age

I'm younger than Badeye, and even with Popo..........

47 years young and not really much wiser.

i will be 60 soon ,i worked in a coal mine and when it closed unlike a lot of my work mates i still had a full set of fingers so i took to playing the guitar when i was 57, i then discovered chordie,the help i have found on this site is fantastic.so thanks and good luck to every one who populates planet chordie, and thank you to all the administrators you have genuinely changed my life.

I am 69, Graduated High School in 1955 Before Rock & Roll was really were out there, (The first wave of that was 1956), All was similar untill the Beatles hit in 64. Then The Acid Rock of the 60's, and so on untill today. Country evolved slower, today's Country being almost Rock now. Never Ending, Never Boring. I had a Country Rock Band for 7 years and played with other local bands over the years and still play for enjoyment today. My four children all play music, My 2 sons were both in several Rock bands as well as HS Marching & Concert bands and have recorded . My Daughters were both in HS Marching bands, and my oldest Daughter sings & Plays Guitar in Church. I have 12 Grand children and the 2 oldest Grand Sons have been in both Rock & Christian Rock bands and recorded. I play Guitar, Bass, Some Mandolin & Banjo & can get by on Autoharp & Mountain Dulcimer. I have to get older, but I don't have to grow up.

Well, I am glad to have so many reactions, and I think still, putting the ages on a graphic paper that we have the age I tought, I PREFER TO BE YOUNGER, BUT WITH THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS I HAVE NOW. "wishful thinking".
I hope we can help everybody, in our way, by giving advise. This is an important fact for everybody. I am sure that even guitar players, playing maybe for 40 years will learn, even very young guitar players did add information, I read and I use.
I HAVE ONLY 1 QUESTION: IS LEARNING MUSIC, PLAYING, READING NOTES IN THE USA INCLUDED IN THE EDUCATION, LIKE SCHOOL, COLLEGE, OR IS IT FREE. They should teach every student to read notes and play an instrument. I do regret I didn't, and now, having time...

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

At my school, you have a choice of playing an insturment, and the lessons are free.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Vintage..1960

Not a great year but it worked for me.

To all my Elders...Salute!  You all inspire

To the youngsters..Thanks, you keep us on our toes.

gitaardocphil wrote:

Well, I am glad to have so many reactions, and I think still, putting the ages on a graphic paper that we have the age I tought, I PREFER TO BE YOUNGER, BUT WITH THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS I HAVE NOW. "wishful thinking".
I hope we can help everybody, in our way, by giving advise. This is an important fact for everybody. I am sure that even guitar players, playing maybe for 40 years will learn, even very young guitar players did add information, I read and I use.
I HAVE ONLY 1 QUESTION: IS LEARNING MUSIC, PLAYING, READING NOTES IN THE USA INCLUDED IN THE EDUCATION, LIKE SCHOOL, COLLEGE, OR IS IT FREE. They should teach every student to read notes and play an instrument. I do regret I didn't, and now, having time...

In our school systems ( Canada ) we have music as options we can choose in high school. Therefore starting around age 13 we can learn music in school for free. I played Sax for 5 years in highschool. It was a fantastic learning experience as we would also learn music theory & composition, as well as music history.
Beginners would play with the junior band and if you wanted to play with the senior band you would have to audition for it, and make the cut. Playing with a 30-40 piece band is a great learning experience.
It has also been proven that students that study music tend to be better structured and have an easier time with mathematics.

I too agree that all student should learn music, but also any art such as drama or dance. These diciplines will teach them skills that they will carry over into adulthood.

Mike

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Me 41, started playing guitar last year, it's never too late....

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

I'm 54 and started playing at about 10... One thing I really like about Chordie is the maturity of most players and the willingness to help others... Occasionally a little ego will creep in but this is the best information and learning forum out here...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

May 27 1957 Just recently hit the BIG FIVE 0 Started playing in 1972 I was then 14

what a long strange trip it's been

HI everyone in Chordie land.....I will turn a young 46 this September.....lol I have been playing for almost 2 years.....wish I had learned earlier.....I also know two guys who are in their mid 60's and are just starting out and loving it....  I don't know what I would have done without this site cool

Well I'm 33 from the Southeast US. Just started playing guitar 9 months ago. My only regret in life is quiting guitar after one lesson when I was 12...:)

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I will be 36 on christmas eve this year but that dont get me down as i live by the saying "your only as old as the woman you feel!!!".......so that makes me....................36 then!! Dam i was feeling so young aswell!!!!!

Matt.

i came.....i saw........i left!!

I'm 31. But my 12 year old daughter uses chordie as well.Not the forums though. She says "I just wanna play, not talk!"

I'm 22, started about 5 months ago.  Regarding the learning music in school issue, we had the option of joining band in 4th grade (about 10 years old), but the instruments were limited to brass, woodwind, and percussion.  I played trombone, liked it at first, but grew bored of it (not the 'coolest' instrument out there).  Probably because it was a class and I 'had' to do it.  Later on, my great grandmother passed away and left us an electric organ.  I played that and enjoyed it.  About 3 years ago i started playing harmonica because I was bored, and then I started playing guitar because it's easier to find music for guitar than harmonica.  I'm actually surprised that the members of chordie are as old as they are (no offense, lol).  I thought I was too old to really take advantage of playing a great instrument like guitar, but I can see from everyone else that I might be OK!  (although the people that have been playing for 30 years or so make me a little nervous)

I was born in 53 and i am 53.  Started learning guitar when i was 46.

Celebrated my 50th birthday at Mardis Gras this winter! What a party! Did a lot of singing in school and church choirs. Lead singer in a band when I was younger. No one around to play the songs I like to sing so I got my first guitar about two years ago. Can't sing as well as I used to but that's okay cause I can't play guitar too good neither! Lol

sounds like most of us are old goats.  55 here, i am from 1952.  been playing most of my life.  can't stop now.

Playing guitar for one year & loving every minute of it.
Trying to get my 6 yr old girl interested in an instrument also.
smile

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

Firstly, it is really nice and funny too to see almost everyone posting their ages. Anyway, I am only 24 and I am playing guitar for almost two years.

and

Hey rd,

Thats great spirit.

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

Hi,

You shouldn't really ask people their age, some find it offensive. You could be banned. JOKE! big_smile I'm 13 on the 23rd September. They say I have the fastest right hand in Britain...  big_smile

Will

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just turned 40.

If Hendrix was still alive then i'd sound nothing like him.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:

They say I have the fastest right hand in Britain...  big_smile

Will

Lmao.

That tends to happen when young men get to a certain age. Don't worry, they say it's quite natural.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??