Re: user names

Since I have been a user and memeber of this community I also have found some of the user names unique and differrent as well as questioned how people came up with them. Nick names, forms of real names or even just actual names. For instance, I had guessed that gitaardocphil was indeed a doctor named phil, was correct to assume that one. I just use that as an example, please don't take offense. And as him, I used part of my rel name, I am owen4774, my birth name is Owen Michael, born 4/7/74 in Toledo, Ohio. It's also my email address minus the hotmail.com part. However, Owen was my first name, Michael my middle, but no one in my family ever called me Owen, always Michael or Mike. Caused alot of confusion when I started going to school, lol. The teacher would ask for Owen and I wouldn't respond, there by making them think I was ignoring them or stupid. Which niether was the case, but anyway, I guess I just wasn't very creative with the name thing, but also figured fenderman might be taken!   LONG LIVE LEO FENDER AND HIS WONDERFUL INSTRUMENT!!!

Hey,
Like a few others I've read, I had no intention of actually joining. Then I joined so I could use the songbook feature. Then I looked around a little more. Jikklop come from the fact that you can type it with ONE HAND! 'Mazing huh? I adapted it off my brother's who's login name's normally Dewers. Same concept. I'm born Miriam, but I have happened to pick up "Rusty" and "Hobo" as nick names at school. "Rusty" because that's the brand of my school bag and I'm not so sure about "Hobo"...
Mine seems so boring compared to some others...

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

Tex is the name of the first horse I ever owned (and my favorite!), 54632 is just what I put at the end of every username I create. tongue

I'm a musician; I can [color=blue]Handel[/color] it!

acmecorp

Well, do you remember the Roadrunner cartoons where the coyote always bought explosive devices and other lethal products from the Acme Company?

Since I was a kid I always wanted to work for Acme, so now I do, I am a web designer and programmer with my own company called Acme Software.

So, acmecorp is short for the Acme Corporation.

Pretty dull I suppose.

cheers

David (my real name)

it is really boring that my original name is my id - Krishanu
though people call me KRISH in short.

I tried for differents but they were all taken

Hi acmecorp ur real name is cool

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

Thanks

Is the guitar very popular in India?

I ask because I've always assumed that Indian music uses different scales and intervals that are not obtainable from a guitar.
Or is the Western twelve tone system used in your country these days?

cheers

David

acmecorp wrote:

Thanks

Is the guitar very popular in India?

I ask because I've always assumed that Indian music uses different scales and intervals that are not obtainable from a guitar.
Or is the Western twelve tone system used in your country these days?

cheers

David

Check out Shawn Lane's work with Brian Sipe and Jonas Hellborg and the Virakyra (sp) brothers for some fantastic fusion of western guitar and Indian tones.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

33 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-07-06 18:25:05)

I went with the most simple choice first and middle names

what a long strange trip it's been

Hi All,
Don Corleone comes from what my nickname is.  Years ago when I was in the services and the movie The Godfather came out everyone who wanted to know something about someone used to come to me and ask.  If there was a problem, they came to me, hence Don Corleone.  My real name is Ray.....and NO I am not Sicilian, but Samoan.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Hi there hopeful,

My name originates from the fact that I am training to be a  parapsychologist (paranormal), and I'm a guitarist (guitar). There you go.
Will you be my friend, I don't have any on Chordie. Is that even possible? Myeh never mind.
If you want, disregard me and/or annoy m I don't care.

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Hey paranormal, we are ALL friends on Chordie. You have many friends here, you just have not spoken to them yet.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

my name is joe coal i worked in a coal mine in co durham england, i had a full set of fingers when my local coal mine closed so i did what i have allways wanted to do and started to learn guitar.i think chordie is fantastic and it and the people who write all helpfull replies on the forum have helped me to progress. thanks

Your wellcome Joe Coal,

You little Nugget, are you the one who turn into the Diamond?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hello Joe Coal, Welcome to Chordie. My dad was a coal miner for 40 years in the mines of Cape Breton. Years ago when "Coal Was King" the economy boomed. Now all the coal mines are shut down and people move away to find work. I found a music book with over 100 coal mining songs
that my dad used to listen to. Its a book for panio but i've converted some to guitar. Mining coal raised 9 kids and had some good memories as well. My grandfathers were miners as well as a lot of my uncles. I admire all miners as it is not easy going underground. enough rambling anyway take care and have a good day.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

hi.........got my name from playing the ps2 and xbox online...
i mostly play first person shooters and stole a line from the movie "meet joe black"...nothing more certain in life to get you than death and taxes...yes i know its just a little on the sad side but its sortta stuck!

i came.....i saw........i left!!

Thankyou for all the replies and hi to everyone.Roger's right paranormal, we are all friends on chordie.....getting more and more friends by the day...in fact never had so many.he,he.
Seriously though chordie is a great site, i have learnt loads on here while i am learning to play.

I also didn't intend to post anything in the forum, so I used my WHOLE name.  Then when I started jumping into the fray, I asked the admin to at least take away my last name.  But anyway, it's just my legal name.

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:

Hi there hopeful,

My name originates from the fact that I am training to be a  parapsychologist (paranormal), and I'm a guitarist (guitar). There you go.
Will you be my friend, I don't have any on Chordie. Is that even possible? Myeh never mind.

I just want to add I don't practice witchcraft, as many will tell you.

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Hi there hopeful,

I just want to add I don't practice witchcraft, as many will tell you.

well if you are studying anything to do with the paranormal, I'll send you a copy of me playing guitar...I'm fairly sure I'm channeling the bard from Asterix and Obelix.

My name "Zurf" comes from the first syllable of my last name.  That and my first initial, "D", are the only nicknames I've had that stuck.  Also the variant "Big D" because I'm kind of big (6'3" and 230lbs).  My friends do not have a lot of imagination with names.  I use Big D on other forums, but it was taken when I attempted to register on Chordie. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

well i got mine from the lynyrd skynyrd song 'last rebel'
the first half was a tribute to the last confederate troops of the american civil war who didnt hear about the surrender...
and the second half was about a guy who was 'the last rebel' kind of the last of a dying breed
'just a boy with his old guitar
keeps to himself and everybody takes him wrong'
   I just really related to this song.... all of the lyrics just sounded so much like me... even though i'm a girl...

All You Need is Love smile

i guess mines pretty obvious. lauras my first name. i couldnt only use "laura" and since seven is my best number, i added tat in

"If the weed-eater guy comes back, drop the golf clubs and pretend you were walking the dog"