Topic: SSDD

"Same Stuff, Different Day"

Yup, another hospital trip for another cardioverson. This time accompanied by pneumonia. All that happened 2 nights ago when Dondra had a syncopal episode and collapsed just in time for me to catch her and lower her to the kithcen floor. We don't know where the pneumonia came into the picture, but her right upper lobe had some whited-out spots, indicating a consolidation of fluids in that area of her lung.

Another cardioversion about 3 hours ago. During it, there were a couple of "Code-Blues" paged overhead which did nothing for my nerves. "Code Blue" is hospital speak for cardiac arrest. But neither of them were about her, so here I am at home, about to take a shower and then back to relieve my son and spend the night.

Thanks again for your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes.

See y'all later.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: SSDD

This sucks.  I'm really glad the Blues weren't about Dondra this time.  She can have the musical version, not the heart version.  I won't allow it!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Bill, my heart goes out to you and D. You really are going through some tough times. I hope the good lady is home real soon and I look forward to reading some posts from Madondra

Thick as two short planks

I'm sorry that you've both got this mess on your plate.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dang-it!  You kids can't seem to catch a break.  It isn't fair!

Prayers and Good Thoughts as always...
Doug & Janet

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

6 (edited by dino48 2015-10-03 00:49:59)

Bill I am so sad too see these things keep comeing  to you and Dondra,I hope they will get better soon. Remember Amy will not allow it!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hang in there buddy things got to get better

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Bill and Dondra, here is an angel to watch over you both. I hope she makes things better for both of you.
http://www.amazing-animations.com/animations/angel2.gif

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

9 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-10-03 09:44:43)

Das ist schade, mein freund!

In the old way of story telling, a phrase was often used "It came to pass". I sincerely hope that these health issues you & Dondra have been side-lined with, will indeed pass, and quickly at that.

Best wishes and speedy recovery for Dondra !
Bill - you hang in there man.  All the love and all the prayers and good wishes that chordie can muster are coming your way I am sure.

Hope to hear that you are both at home and get back to enjoying life with each other soon.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That's some Bad Stuff, Bill. Hope there is better news around the corner...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I'm sorry to hear that Bill. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Bill, I know exactly what Dondra is going thru because I been there - and my wife / family has undergone the "code blue" calls. My wife has also had to pick me up (with some help) outta the floor and the yard when I've passed out. Be sure to have Dondra ask her doctor about taking a new-moan-yah shot - also, aks about taking a fluid pill. One of my meds causes me to build up fluid in my lungs and this causes me to have the new-moan-yah. Last time I was in the hospital I lost 13 pounds that was all fluid. I, now, keep a close eye on my weight and when I start gaining a few pounds I start back on the fluid pills. Hope Dondra get's well real soon and you need to take care of yourself, as well.

Nela

14 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-03 22:18:27)

Thanks, all of you.

Forgot the bag

Yesterday morning, it was my turn to stay with my wife all day, so there were some things I needed to take to her. I got them all together got into the car and drove to the hospital. Halfway there I realized I forgot my own overnight bag, which I needed, so back I drove remembering on the way she wanted her lime yogurt which I had forgotten to get out of the fridge.

Got back home, got the yogurt, put it in a grocery sack and, decided since I was home I may as well give her a call to see if she'd thought of anything else she needed. No? Okay, and off I went.

Forgot the bag.

At the end of the street where I make my turn for the 10 minute trip to the hospital, I realized what I'd done again, went back and got the bag.

Drove to the hospital to see my wife and spend the night.

This morning, my son came to relieve me and as I started out of her room. I realized I didn't have the house keys. After turning the room upside down, Dondra finally dug out her own house key and put it on my car key.

Got to the car and there, on the passenger's seat they were: The house keys.

ETA: In the car (and on the net) no one can see you cry from frustration.
Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill,
Don't let that concern you ---- I 've been battling the "holy quad"  for years....
not a week goes by that Idon't  forgot one of them going to school to teach...
1) eyeglasses
2) wallet
3) Keys
4) cell phone

Glad to see Dondra is well enough to spot you her keys though !!

Get home soon hopefully.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

16 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-10-04 02:40:47)

Bill,

I just posted a song to soundcloud for you and Dondra. ( Country music can fix a hurting heart)  I wrote it a while ago. I had Jim Cristaldi from Nashville sing it for me. Thought it might make you feel a bit better.

https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/country-m … oken-heart

Hopefully the mods will let sit here long enough for you to get a listen.
Jim

Wishing and praying for an easier time for you and Dondra.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Jim, there is no problem with your song link for Bill and Dondra sitting where it is for all eternity. smile

Great song by the way.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

19 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-06 14:26:00)

Hi folks. SOrry I have been MIA, but I've been awake nights with my wife in the hospital and asleep during the day when my son is there with her. She should be released today, but we still don't know where the pneumonia came from and then there's the stage IV renal disease still to follow up.

I know I have some catching up tp do here, and I'll get to it as soon as things settle down a bit.

Love Y'all

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I listened to your song, Jim and absolutely loved it (read the notes I left --- that really happened) and MaDondra will too once I get her home - hopefuly today 10.6.2015. Serious question coming up: Do any of you have agency representation?

Jim, and ALL of you, we both appreciate your continued good wishes for my wife and me. She's had 6 hospital admissions in the last 2 months (if I am counting right -- too many, anyway) and y'all have been there for her/us through every one of them. One can't ask for better friends than that.

We send out love right back at all of you!

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

21 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-06 16:32:29)

************UPDATE ON DONDRA***********
                       Sorry for the caps

Okay, we're not out of the woods yet. My wife's Hemoglobin is down to 8. Normal for her: 12-16.

This indicates a bleed from somewhere inside her. We can eliminate the gallbladder, because it's out, so she'll get some units of blood and then they'll take a  closer look.

So no coming home today, but at least we know why she feels so weak all the time and (hopefully) why her heart is working so hard as to throw her into Atrial Fibrillation.

So whenever she does come home, this house will be spotless. (I'm doing more than just my usual chores before I go back to spend the night with her.)

Thanks for your continued concerns for her!

Bill

Edited to Add: Should any of you wish to speak to her over the phone, the number to the room is (whatever your country code for America is, then) 770-812-5357. We realize that many of our friends are overseas and our time zones are different (We are on Eastern or New York time, for instance), however if you wish to call (that number will come straight to us in the hospital - it is not a private phone number) and it's before 11pm Eastern time, please do. We'd love to hear from you! I will answer with my name: Bill Craig.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

UPDATE: An endoscopy (fiber-optic tube down the esophagus) is scheduled for 2 hours from now (12;45 Eastern Time), so please keep us in mind in hoping they don't find anything serious and can fix it while they're down there.

In the words of David Byrne of Talking Heads: "This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around".

Six admissions in a month and a half. Seems like we should have had this thing figured out by now, dammit!

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill we are all hoping you and Dondra will be over all this soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm looking forward to hearing some good news soon.

My prayers are with you and Dondra.

Rick

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

25 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-07 21:02:53)

**UPDATE* We're being transferred. The endoscopy showed a big tear in the esophagus which accounts for the blood loss. Repair surgery can't be done here in Carrollton, so we're being shipped to Atlanta Medical Center for that. It's major surgery and we hope that after all is said and done. my wife will once again be her healthy self.

That's it for now. We think the transport will be in the morning, so since I've been awake for the last 24, my son is taking this next night to stay with her while I pack.

I'm holding it together the best I can, but I don't know if I could  as well without your support.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass