Topic: Bug Reporting

As you reading this you have no doubt seen we have a new, brighter Chordie. She is very new and we know she does still have a few glitches so please report here anything you find that does not work correctly, or suggestions that might make things better.

I cannot guarantee that every post will get a reply or that every suggestion will be implemented but every comment will be appreciated and read with interest.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Bug Reporting

Sorry Roger. I didn't see this. It didn't show up in "New Posts"

I noticed a couple things.

1) There is no edit or quote button.

2) There is no time stamp on posts.

Don't know if this is the new normal so I thought I'd pass it along.

Hi Joe,
Thanks, I have already reported to Per about the 'Edit' and 'Quote' also for us Mods 'Delete' and 'Move' are missing.

I have also reported about the date stamp too.

Roger

When I sign in to Chordie I can see my songbooks and am still logged in to my account.  However, if I look up a song or an artist - it boots me out of my account and says I have to log in to add a song (even though I haven't logged out of my account).
I can then click on forum, say for example, and I am once again under my account, logged in, like nothing had happened.   IE, I cannot add to my existing songbooks right now.  It goes to beta mode.... is this the way it is for the time being or is something wrong?  I hope this makes sense to someone........   I'm so confused.... :-(

I seem to have found a solution to my issue.... if I type the song name in the new (and absolutely wonderful!!!!) search window on the home page, I am able to add the song to my songbook that way.  It appears that when I use the "Song" or "Artist" tab at the top and search through that function, I am not able to add a song to my songbook.  PS - really lovin' the new website revamp.... nicely done!!! :-)

There is still a lot of small things that needs to be sorted out.

The missing timestamp I know of. It should be sorted out on Monday. The edit and quote buttons also needs in.

I just noticed there is no "report" button either.

I didn't follow the link but this appears to be spam.

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28668

I've noticed there doesn't seen to be any way to log in on the start page yet. I'm using an iPad haven't check other browsers.

Absolutely love the new site, layout, etc. Nice job!

One feature I see in some sites is the ability to change the way a particular topic in a forum is arranged. For example, Chordie topics open with the original post first, then requiring scrolling and page-forwarding to get to the most recent post. An option to open each forum topic with the most recent posts first would be useful.

Not a biggie, just a suggestion. I'll echo the above comments about the "Edit" and "Quote" buttons.

Thwapper - thank you for that bug report!  Your details have helped narrow down when this is happening!  I'm glad you were able to find a work around in the meantime.  The search is SWEET isn't it?  smile 

UJB - as soon as we can get that spam out we will.  Thank you!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

the new format has left me a bit frustrated

- the lyrics and chords to my song (Title ws: This time I may be wrong)  that i had posted got chopped off.... with the change
what makes me sad is that the only place i had the edited version was right here ! I usually have it backed up on my computer = which I do with the original post ... but I had edited and not yet made the change elsewhere

Is there anyway to recover it ?

I also got a message that I was banned last nighth ... but Per fixed that already.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

OMG !!

I just checked and my fear came true - it did it to ALL my songs that I had posted !  sad sad

DId it do so to everyone elses ?

Hopefully it can be remedied.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jim - is the song you're talking about located in the forums or elsewhere?  Can you provide a link to it please?

Amy

They were under sonwriting
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28610

At first I thought it was just this song - but it seems there are more !
They are not in the chordie magical format either like they were before

Amy

They were under sonwriting

At first I thought it was just this song - but it seems there are more - in fact all of the songs I had posted!
They are not in the chordie pro  magical format either like they were before

Amy

They were under songwriting

At first I thought it was just this song - but it seems there are more - in fact all of the songs I had posted!

Thanks for looking into it Amy
Sure hope it isn't lost.

Jim

First I would like to apologize for banning everybody yesterday.....(including myself!) I forgot to over-ride the ip ban which is enabled by default and another glitch had assigned everyone the same ip address.  Something for us Mods to be particularly aware of when kicking the spam-dogs to the curb!

An unusual thing this morning (although I seem to remember it happening yesterday also) when logging in, I was redirected not to the forum (where I started), but some random song in the "songs" section.  A quick click on the forum tab brought me where I wanted to go, so no harm just different.

Looking Good !!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

First I would like to apologize for banning everybody yesterday...

It wasn't long after I reported a spam post that I got the "You have been banned" notice. I saw your initials in the message I received.

Gonna have to give you a new title:

The Maniacal Moderator

Just kidding.

I figured it was a glitch but I sent MKM a text. Turns out I interrupted a play she was attending. Sorry Amy.

Noticed that the Mods who oversee the individual sections are not listed. The Mods know which ones they look  after but the members do not.

Nela

Thanks Nela, that is on Per's list of 'things to do' so it will be coming soon.

Roger

thwapper wrote:

When I sign in to Chordie I can see my songbooks and am still logged in to my account.  However, if I look up a song or an artist - it boots me out of my account and says I have to log in to add a song (even though I haven't logged out of my account).
I can then click on forum, say for example, and I am once again under my account, logged in, like nothing had happened.   IE, I cannot add to my existing songbooks right now.  It goes to beta mode.... is this the way it is for the time being or is something wrong?  I hope this makes sense to someone........   I'm so confused.... :-(

This should be resolved now!  smile 

tigljk wrote:

They were under songwriting

Thanks for looking into it Amy
Sure hope it isn't lost.

Everything is not lost!  Per has confirmed that the original information is still in the saved database and is looking into getting the entire posts to show properly.  Seems this shortened message has happened on a few posts other than just those in songwriting (but not all) and it has something to do with a character included in a particular location of the original post.  Basically, there's something in the post that the forums software is reading as a "command to shorten the post" rather than just a good ole standard keystroke.  smile  It's on the "fix it" list! 

REPORT and QUOTE are BACK!  As well as a few more handy links inside the forum pages.  If you're not seeing them... try logging out, closing your browser (don't leave any tabs open) then open back up and log back in.  If you still aren't seeing them, you may need to clear your browser's cache.  Le me know if you need help with that!

Amy

Amy

If you're not seeing them... try logging out, closing your browser (don't leave any tabs open) then open back up and log back in.  If you still aren't seeing them, you may need to clear your browser's cache.

Sorry Amy. I did that last night before I shut down and still don't see either button.

unclejoesband wrote:

If you're not seeing them... try logging out, closing your browser (don't leave any tabs open) then open back up and log back in.  If you still aren't seeing them, you may need to clear your browser's cache.

Sorry Amy. I did that last night before I shut down and still don't see either button.

sad  I'll go ahead and reply on this in the other thread where I posted pictures of what you should be seeing, and reporting is being discussed.  Here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/post.php?t … qid=169713

Thanks for the Info Amy

I'm sure it is a lot of work to switch to the new site

Computers - gotta love'em, gotta hate'em

Someone else mentioned about some of the poetry being chopped short, so I had a look through some that I'd posted. Sure enough, most of them are cropped to only a few lines. Are they gone beyond recovery? If so, they can be re-posted at the original place.