Topic: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

I'll start us off...

Marmite
Cranberries
Paperwork

2 (edited by nadine2 2007-08-09 07:32:15)

Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

HEAD-hunters / hunting ( thanks Sanguine! )
sandwich spread  ( retch, retch, retch )
taxes ( this one I definately hate.)
And barre chords...I suck at them

raking leaves
shoveling snow
Green Day
emo
mortgage
militant liberals
corn dogs

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

Hi krhoades,

I guess that you are not talking about a four legged mammal with wagging tail. So just what is a "corn dog" please?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Having to go home when im having a good night out!

Ironing!.

Insincerity!

The Rain!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Did I mention the wife?

Yes Charlotte is a bloke. Don't ask.

I hate 2007, I loved the 60/70s..... some of the 80s........a bit of the 90s..................................................what happened?

On a serious note, Oasis with a passion.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Boneheads.

- Big D

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi

War
Extreme behaviour or views of any kind.
Religious or Political.

Sensationalism of the news by the mass media.

vandalism

Oh  and the Spice Girls.

Ark

lol a corn dog is a breaded hot dog on a stick.

All I really despise are people that try to push their views on you.... oh and "most" cover songs

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

10 (edited by kath628 2007-08-07 22:44:31)

Not being "allowed" to follow my musical passions...like going out to hear friends bands play and getting wierd looks when I play my guitar.(Long story...not ready to talk about it)

HAVE YOU
     HUGGED YOUR GUITAR
                                 TODAY??

The fact that some people think girls aren't supposed to play guitar

asparagus
sunburns
excessive heat...its been 90+ degrees here the last 3 days, no sign of it letting up anytime soon

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

jpage_roxmysox wrote:

The fact that some people think girls aren't supposed to play guitar

asparagus
sunburns
excessive heat...its been 90+ degrees here the last 3 days, no sign of it letting up anytime soon

::kori::

THANKYOU KORI!

HAVE YOU
     HUGGED YOUR GUITAR
                                 TODAY??

I wish my girlfriend would play... she has extremely small hands though so it's really hard to form chords

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Animal cruelty

Snobs

Liver

Shoveling the f%$#ing snow

My work phone ringing at 3am .... this happens way to often

People that get stupid drunk

Pissed off people telling me that they are going to shoot me and they are unarmed.....refer to the what kind of job do you do thread.

Rap

Being late

others being late

Wannabe teenage suburban "gangsters"

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Oh yeah how could I forget, this year in Ohio sports! Gotta be some kind of curse. Buckeye football, buckeye basketball, Cleveland Cavs, and Columbus Destroyers all lost in the championship game!

-James Marshall Hendrix

Now that I've had the chance to think about it, I guess I have a few things that get my goat.

- Cruelty.  Not meaning tough love where firmness makes a kid cry but your intentions are to teach an important lesson.  I mean inflicting pain for no reason except to salve your own frustration type of cruelty. 

- Deception.  Hanging out with me can be difficult, because I don't like deception.  I don't even like the "doesn't your hair look great" when it looks like crap but the person just paid $200 to get it to look like crap sort of white lies.  So, I tell people what I think, or I hold my tongue remembering what my Gram taught me about not saying anything if you haven't got anything nice to say.  But usually I can get creative like Pollyanna and come up with something nice AND honest to say about anything or anyone. 

Manipulation - I don't like people thinking for me, or for others in general.  Think for yourself and let others think for themselves.  Don't go protecting them from themselves either.  They aren't go to learn if you do, and maybe just maybe they don't have the same dislikes and distastes and don't find whatever outcome that's coming to be unpleasant.  I hate being gamed or played.  I am very good at spotting when someone is gaming me.  So good in fact, that I made a living off it for near on to twenty years.  As a negotiator, it was my job to figure out what people were up to and to take an informed decision as to whether or not to let them. 

There you have it.  I don't like cruelty, deception, or manipulation.  I'm sure there's more, but those are some biggies.  The rest are probably just nits and may fit into one of these three anyway. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

17 (edited by danspr 2007-08-08 03:00:52)

nadine2 wrote:

hunters / hunting

I like hunting.
I don't like it when my friends tell me not to talk about guitar.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

nadine2 wrote:

hunters / hunting

Oh nadine you strike my heart a painful blow.  Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?
Sorry to go a little postal on that but since youve probably never hunted or have met hunters and only head hunters who even hunters dislike you shouldnt be speaking on the subject.

can you tell what i dislike, beside tuna, my boss, and liberals.

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:
nadine2 wrote:

hunters / hunting

Oh nadine you strike my heart a painful blow.  Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?
Sorry to go a little postal on that but since youve probably never hunted or have met hunters and only head hunters who even hunters dislike you shouldnt be speaking on the subject.

can you tell what i dislike, beside tuna, my boss, and liberals.

Hi Sanguine,
Actually we have a small game farm right in the heart of the bushveld and most of the farms around us allow hunting. Almost all of our friends hunt, the men mostly though. I deal daily with people from all countries who come for hunting. Let me explain. If you use the meat and do it in a respectful manner and give the animal the respect it is due. then by all means hunt. It is afterall a personal choice. But when the animal is "canned" and the head of the animal is chopped off and the rest is just buried....it's such a terrible waste. I don't hate anybody who hunts, I have just seen what some people like to call hunting. And that's my personal choice! Please don't assume on my behalf that I know nothing on the subject. One generally needs to know something before you can make an informed choice, don't you? And these aren't "fighting words"  just an explanation as to my pont of veiw, which doesn't have to be anyone elses if they don't like it.

danspr wrote:
nadine2 wrote:

hunters / hunting

I like hunting.
I don't like it when my friends tell me not to talk about guitar.
cool danspr

Hey, if it's your thing, I'm glad you like it!

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi krhoades,

I guess that you are not talking about a four legged mammal with wagging tail. So just what is a "corn dog" please?

Roger

The Corn dog is a hot dog coated in cornbread batter and deep fried in hot oil, although some are baked. Almost all corn dogs are served on wooden sticks,

http://www.sbetterfarms.com/images/Corn … 0Front.jpg

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

krhoades wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi krhoades,

Roger

The Corn dog is a hot dog coated in cornbread batter and deep fried in hot oil, although some are baked. Almost all corn dogs are served on wooden sticks,

http://www.sbetterfarms.com/images/Corn … 0Front.jpg

Let me be very clear about this.  Any vendor selling BAKED corn dogs should be immediately evacuated from the county fair and his ovens condemned.  Corn dogs should be fried!!!  Anything else is an offense to the gastrointestinal nightmare that is fair food. 

- Zurf

they're just plain nasty
& I'm far from a picky eater.

In addition, I'd NEVER put anything that remotly looks like that in my mouth.
Barf!

I keep getting distracted by the picture of the corn dogs.

In Scotland we would serve it with chips (fries) and call it a sausage supper.

Incidentally, in Scotland we also have been known to deep fry Mars Bars in batter. What a healthy nation we are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Wow, that looks like a healthy bowel movement!
Lol!