Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

badeye wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

In the UK tailgating is the practice of following the car in front TOO closely. Very closely.

I'm guessing there's another meaning which sounds like a lot more fun.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Badeye..

Hey Brad,
      I hate tailgaters also, my cure is usually to break real hard .....no one in the car with me of course.... makes the little buggers squirm. Usually it's a little jerk in an old Honda Civic wearing his ballcap backwards who put more money and modifications into a 500$ car then the law should allow. I guess they don't want to kiss the back of my old Jeep!

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Hey Mike how are ya by? Hey I bought an undercover police car once that had a big engine that could really hall ass. One of those souped up honda's tailgated me for a couple miles,I waited till he tried to pass me, when he got by my side I punched the gas pedal and left him in the dust. Ahh that felt good. Now I have a half ton truck and a tailgate party would be a blast. If I were closer to you I'd help you move.

Going to the local Corn Boil today where there will be ten bands playing, Gonna park the truck and have a tailgate party.Oh Ya.

Av a gud day....Badeye.

one caper after another

liberals,, huh.

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

Hi Brad, I know what ya mean, most of the cars at work are police interceptors. We have a blast with them. At night when they tailgate me I turn on all the emergency lights inside the car. You would swear that the light switch was directly connected to their brake! Cracks me up....

The corn this year is so sweet! The farmers are having a great harvest. I used to love corn roasts washed down with many a cold one. My old roomate in college who was from Newfoundland used to say that corn was best digested with Newfie Screech...LOL..I think the corn was just an excuse to drink the screech!

Thanks for the offer but this time I'm hiring movers. You could have come over to put back a few cold ones and watch them do the hauling...lol

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Hey Mike that must freak out the person close to your bumper. Those police cars can really move eh. The corn here is really sweet too but screech can hurt you if you know what I mean. So today i will pitch a tent and stick to the cold beer and enjoy some great blues bands.Hope your move goes smooth and nothing gets broken.

Take Care....Brad.

one caper after another

Falling whilst rock climbing!!

I fell 12ft while climbing today and cut my head when i hit it off a rock so now i hate falling whilst rock climbing!

82 (edited by nadine2 2007-08-11 22:29:11)

Ouch....

ouch...not fun... get well soon!

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

i hate...

rap
rappers
backstabbers
burger king
the sun
light
life
people who smell bad
annoying people
bad movies
ande the list just goes on....

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

I think the 2nd admendment allows us to bring ARMS to tailgates...

lol, oh great back to politics again eh?

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

jerome.oneil wrote:

[Tell me, if the 2nd is required to hunt, as you state, how is it that there are more guns per capita in, say, Canada than here?

firstly what does what we are talking about have to with a well regualted malitia we are talking about hunting and the second ammendment not the right of the states to have a well regulated malitia and canada is far more restricting with guns than the united states and thats a fact look it up.  And the second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting and i never sid it did what i did say is that it is integral to hunting because without arms you can not hunt and that includes bows and guns big_smile

So Red Delicious

highwayman61 wrote:

I think the 2nd admendment allows us to bring ARMS to tailgates...

and if your a US citizen and your state allows it you have the right to carry one to a taligaitng party...have fun big_smile

So Red Delicious

Other things I hate.  Run on sentences.  Chalk that up to poor English education...  big_smile

sanguine wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

[Tell me, if the 2nd is required to hunt, as you state, how is it that there are more guns per capita in, say, Canada than here?

firstly what does what we are talking about have to with a well regualted malitia we are talking about hunting and the second ammendment not the right of the states to have a well regulated malitia

There is no relationship between hunting and the second amendment.  None.  Zero.  Nada. 

and canada is far more restricting with guns than the united states and thats a fact look it up.

The number of gun control laws in Canada has no bearing on the number of guns per capita in Canada.   The per capita gun ownership numbers in Canada are on par with the US.  The difference is that in Canada, most of them are long guns used for hunting.

And the second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting and i never sid it did

"Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?"

"i did not mean in any way to impose that we as americans have the second ammendent in order to protect hunting but without it we would not be able to hunt. "

what i did say is that it is integral to hunting because without arms you can not hunt and that includes bows and guns big_smile

The 2nd has nothing to do with bows, unless you're invading France in the 12th century.  It's about the state's ability to raise a militia, and that is all.   

The wonderful hunting available in Canada is evidence enough that your premise is flawed.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Another to add the the list - When you catch you nether regions in the zip of your trousers.

Also got another one, when you catch your testicles - ie, playing football(or soccer for american types) and the ball just grazes the edge of a testicle...it is soooo painful!

im done arguing so as i said before well have to agree to disagree and by the way this is the internet in a forum in no way do i have to write like this is a buisness letter

So Red Delicious

You have yet to argue.   That's the point.  "Believing what you want to believe" doesn't make you right.

When I read things like "I hate liberals" it makes me wonder just what sort of character sits there and types that, and who it is he thinks they're talking about.  Now I know.

One that is ignorant of the civics in their own country.

first of all im a proud republican second of all i never said i hate liberals third of all this is going to be a run on sentence fourth of all this has become an utterly pointless discussion the fact that you cannot or will not understand is not for me to correct

So Red Delicious

I can tell you're a republican.  You have a habit of just making stuff up out of thin air.

"can you tell what i dislike, beside tuna, my boss, and liberals."

The reason this discussion is pointless is because you have a problem with truth, and admitting error.  All proud republican traits.

95 (edited by sanguine 2007-08-13 18:47:28)

disliking and hating are completely different things, its the difference between the teenager that  i am and hitler.
secondly it is very unfortunate that you find it necessary to argue with a 16 year old kid over something and will not try even to understand, your so convinced that everything is so cut and dry that is not my problem the very fact that our constitution is free to interpratation and have no set meaning should be enough to stop this conversation

So Red Delicious

The sad fact that  my nation and it's general population feel as though they have to be divided by political seperation. The "labeling" of oneself as a republican or democrat is a needless self-imposed boundary that serves no positve purpose.  The late, great Bob Marley said it best;"One love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright,"

Give everything but up.

I find it very unfortunate that a 16 year old kid would not take the time to educate himself on important matters like civics before running off and proclaiming his distaste for "liberals,"  and opining loudly about what the founding documents of our nation mean.  I find it especially distatestful that he would fall back to semantics (I never said "hate" I said "dislike!").  That's what I call "weaseling."    Be a responsible person, and own what you do, and what you say.  If what you say is proven to be wrong, words like "Gosh, I guess I was wrong" will go a long way to improving your stature.  It shows strength of character.

I know you may not like it, but words mean things.  The words in the Constitution mean things.    They do not mean what you wish they meant, nor do they mean something other than what they say.  They mean exactly what they say. The only words for which you get to make up a definition are the words that you make up yourself.   

There is a huge body of study behind the Constitution, and the founder's intent, which you are obviously unfamiliar with.  If you are interested in having your own opinions rather than just parroting what you've been told, you might try to educate yourself a bit with that.  Education in civics is pretty important.  Right now is the time in your life when you want to take advantage of it.  Politics is not a team sport.  It is the basis on which the future of our nation will be founded, and uneducated voters make for bad government.

Consider this a lesson, kid. It's better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it to everyone.

well i will take it to hart but you havent proved me wrong either i will learn more thats true but the fact that the constitution is a "living thing" is not false it is constantly being scrutinized and can be changed it is open to interpratation but can only be modified by those elected not by me or you. and yes words do mean things like "weaseling" like hate and dislike are two very different things and that is inarguable over 6 million of my people died in the 1930s-40s do to one mans hate.  i dislike liberal views but many of my friends are liberals would i destroy them for there beleifs? no! so weaseling or not there is difference and i maybe uneducated but what you SEE and what you dont is for another time

So Red Delicious

jerome.oneil wrote:

I find it very unfortunate that a 16 year old kid would not take the time to educate himself on important matters like civics before running off and proclaiming his distaste for "liberals,"  and opining loudly about what the founding documents of our nation mean.  I find it especially distatestful that he would fall back to semantics (I never said "hate" I said "dislike!").  That's what I call "weaseling."    Be a responsible person, and own what you do, and what you say.  If what you say is proven to be wrong, words like "Gosh, I guess I was wrong" will go a long way to improving your stature.  It shows strength of character.

I know you may not like it, but words mean things.  The words in the Constitution mean things.    They do not mean what you wish they meant, nor do they mean something other than what they say.  They mean exactly what they say. The only words for which you get to make up a definition are the words that you make up yourself.   

There is a huge body of study behind the Constitution, and the founder's intent, which you are obviously unfamiliar with.  If you are interested in having your own opinions rather than just parroting what you've been told, you might try to educate yourself a bit with that.  Education in civics is pretty important.  Right now is the time in your life when you want to take advantage of it.  Politics is not a team sport.  It is the basis on which the future of our nation will be founded, and uneducated voters make for bad government.

1.saying that politics is not a team sport is ridiculus maybe for corrupt politicians it is but thats about it.

2.the constitution is constanlty being reviewed and inturpreted by politicians and lawyers in order to protect our civil rights and fixing things that have become uneeded and/or harmful to the growth of the united states

So Red Delicious

WHOA!
first of all both parties are usually in fault because theyre confined to the same set of political views.
AND I lOVE BACON!