26 (edited by krhoades 2007-08-06 19:16:58)

Re: Bands you just can't stand

Wibble wrote:

And now shall begin the list of crap artists/bands. Best to copy, paste, and add to the list when you find a new one you hate.

Celine Dion
Whitney houston
Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Enrique (The Mole) Iglesias
Ordinary Boys
Culture Club
Boy George
George Michael
Wham
Bananarama
Oasis
Nirvana (I just didn't get that whole Grunge "i'm going to kill myself my life is awful because I AM A BLOODY MILLIONAIRE!!" sort of thing)
Biffy Clyro (Again, a poor man's Foo Fighters)
Rihanna
Ciara
Ludicris
Puffy Piddly Widdly Diddly Big Daddy Giant Haystacks Hulk Hogan Puff (Or whatever his name is now)
Usher
Kanye West
Mariah Carey
Goat Slayer Bands (IE - Bands that just play lots of power chords and scream over the top)
Radiohead
Crowded House
Lionel Ritchie
Phil Collins (Just something about him makes me want to slap him)
Rick Astley
Rod Stewart
Calvin Harris
David Guetta
Erik Morillo
Cascada
Just Jack
Jamiroquai (Although mucho respecto to Jay Kay's car collection)
Chemical Brothers
Jack Johnson
Gorillaz
The Kooks
COLDPLAY!!!! I HATE CHRIS MARTIN!!! Jumped up little ****
Busted
McFly
Lily Bloody Allen
Amy Wine-o...I mean Winehouse
David Gray
Craig David
James Blunt
Shakira (Although i most definitely would)
Jose Gonzalez
Keane
Madonna
Nelly Furtado (Although again, I would)
Nizlopi
Robbie Williams
Take That
Westlife
Boyzone
No Doubt
Scissor Sisters
Pink Floyd (Sorry to the Floyd fans but i really dont get it, maybe i'm too young to get it just now)
Snoopy Doggy Woof Woof
The Fray (Whiney horribe little scrotes)
U2...Total garbage their later stuff, earlier stuff ie - Joshua Tree is good but when Bono got mega politically up himself i started HATING them. Plus i think "The Edge" (What a tit) is not that good and is just and effects pedal freak. Imagine a catastrophic effects cock-up at a U2 concert?! You'd just hear Edgey Boy playing Jingle Bells
Anyway....Razorlight
The Feeling
Arcade Fire
The Automatic
Bon Jovi
Box Car Racer
Franz Ferdinand
Fallout Boy
Il Divo
Good Charlotte
Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Justin Hawkins
The Darkness
Limp Bizkit (Wes Borland - Good...Fred Durst - BAD)
Lenny Kravitz - Jimi Hendrix wannabe
Pete Doherty
Maximo Park
POD
Panic! At The Disco
Steve Vai - Now don't get me wrong, immensely talented and gifted but such a big-head! Some, no, 99% of the stuff he plays is just dross of the worst kind. He just plays the most far-out crap he can peddle and hopes to get away with it. At Least Paul Gilbert could play in bands and work around lyrics. Vai can't be trusted to just play something simple. However i do have massive respect for the man.

Anyway thats only my opinion

Are you kidding??????
Radiohead
Lenny Kravitz
David Gray
Arcade Fire
U2
Pink Floyd

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

About CELIN DION, her HUSBAND, I don't know if you know "captain iglo", the king of frozen food, at least here in Europe. HE IS A COMPLETE LOOK-A-LIKE; charlelille or charlequin

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

krhoades wrote:

Are you kidding??????
Radiohead
Lenny Kravitz
David Gray
Arcade Fire
U2
Pink Floyd

No i'm not kidding at all, Krhoades.

Radiohead - Depressive meaningless drivel
Lenny Kravitz - Hendrix wannabe, awful
David Gray - Don't get me wrong, good singer/songwriter. However much like Coldplay its whiney drivel
Arcade Fire - Overhyped, nothing special at all
U2 - I think i explained why i don't like U2 quite well.
Pink Floyd - I've tried to get the whole Pink Floyd thing but couldn't. Couldn't get what they were about or where they were coming from at all. But don't get me wrong, Another Brick In The Wall is a very good song. However 95%+ of the Pink Floyd appeal I just don't get.

Like i said, that is MY opinion and its going to differ from others, yourself included. However I have at least explained WHY I don't like said bands

I love Coldplay, especially Chris martin. I guess it wouldn;t do for us to all like the same! I really enjoy all their albums though, it's not whiney drivel to me.

HI WIBBLE, is it me kidding?
I don't know if you have products in the states under this brand, but if you buy THAT brand, there is a drawing on the box. Take google, write captain iglo, and I am almost convinced that he is the Husband of Celihihijooohon Dihihyohoion.
In fact it is not the band that I can't stand, but the music, even if they have good songs. SO thank you again for the existance of a computer with the possibilitie that if you like only 1 song on the 20 songs, you can rip the album, and take just the song you need.
If you see that image, I tried 15 minutes to place it here, it didn't work, you will believe me.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Sorry Gitaardocphil but i really have got to ask...Do you like Jazz music?

I was watching a Bill Bailey DVD the other day and he was going on about the Belgians loving Jazz and was wondering if that is true or an urban myth

Wibble wrote:
krhoades wrote:

Are you kidding??????
Radiohead
Lenny Kravitz
David Gray
Arcade Fire
U2
Pink Floyd

No i'm not kidding at all, Krhoades.

Radiohead - Depressive meaningless drivel
Lenny Kravitz - Hendrix wannabe, awful
David Gray - Don't get me wrong, good singer/songwriter. However much like Coldplay its whiney drivel
Arcade Fire - Overhyped, nothing special at all
U2 - I think i explained why i don't like U2 quite well.
Pink Floyd - I've tried to get the whole Pink Floyd thing but couldn't. Couldn't get what they were about or where they were coming from at all. But don't get me wrong, Another Brick In The Wall is a very good song. However 95%+ of the Pink Floyd appeal I just don't get.

Like i said, that is MY opinion and its going to differ from others, yourself included. However I have at least explained WHY I don't like said bands

you crack me up!
lol

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

The list goes on, but the one band i absolutly have to change the station from is "THE DOORS".  The worst!!!!!!!!!!

Why do i crack you up Krhoades? Like I said, i'm not going to dismiss others' musical tastes and opinions as these bands/artists i said i hate wouldn't be multi-millionaires if they didn't have a fanbase would they?

However, much like i said i hate the "Goat Slaughter" type of bands (Goat Slaughter means bands that play nothing but power chords and scream over the top etc. IE the Slipknot sorta thing but I don't particularly hate Slipknot for some reason which still beggars me to understand)

jcellini wrote:

The list goes on, but the one band i absolutly have to change the station from is "THE DOORS".  The worst!!!!!!!!!!

I have to object to that.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Sorry Wibble, but I recently just discovered that Muse and Radiohead are actually not the same band. Surprised the hell out o me. Sound like the same pretentious, wanky stuff to me.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Wibble wrote:

Why do i crack you up Krhoades? Like I said, i'm not going to dismiss others' musical tastes and opinions as these bands/artists i said i hate wouldn't be multi-millionaires if they didn't have a fanbase would they?

However, much like i said i hate the "Goat Slaughter" type of bands (Goat Slaughter means bands that play nothing but power chords and scream over the top etc. IE the Slipknot sorta thing but I don't particularly hate Slipknot for some reason which still beggars me to understand)

Hate is a strong word. Your quite passionate about your belief. I'm curious to know whats driving this hatred.
Everyone has their place under the sun.

I only like good music.  If it wasn't good, why would I like it?

* eyes roll *

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

You know what it is Krhoades? I'm from Northern England, and we 'oop North know what we like. But when we dislike something then by heck we HATE it! Like Marmite, I bloody HATE the stuff!

I think i better start another thread on the things we hate coz i could go for days (and cause some controversy)

Outkast! Aaaargh!!!!! Change it...change it!!!!!!

Hate them. May all their poos be hedgehogs!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Wibble wrote:

You know what it is Krhoades? I'm from Northern England, and we 'oop North know what we like. But when we dislike something then by heck we HATE it! Like Marmite, I bloody HATE the stuff!

I think i better start another thread on the things we hate coz i could go for days (and cause some controversy)

You might think about seeking therapy for your Marmite hatred.
wink

I dont need therapy my friend. My father and mother are both Psychiatrists and i'm certified sane.

Jerome!
Do that "Eye Roll" again! I think its needed?  lol

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

And now shall begin the list of crap artists/bands. Best to copy, paste, and add to the list when you find a new one you hate.

Celine Dion
Whitney houston
Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Enrique (The Mole) Iglesias
Ordinary Boys
Culture Club
Boy George
George Michael
Wham
Bananarama
Oasis
Nirvana (I just didn't get that whole Grunge "i'm going to kill myself my life is awful because I AM A BLOODY MILLIONAIRE!!" sort of thing)
Biffy Clyro (Again, a poor man's Foo Fighters)
Rihanna
Ciara
Ludicris
Puffy Piddly Widdly Diddly Big Daddy Giant Haystacks Hulk Hogan Puff (Or whatever his name is now)
Usher
Kanye West
Mariah Carey
Goat Slayer Bands (IE - Bands that just play lots of power chords and scream over the top)
Radiohead
Crowded House
Lionel Ritchie
Phil Collins (Just something about him makes me want to slap him)
Rick Astley
Rod Stewart
Calvin Harris
David Guetta
Erik Morillo
Cascada
Just Jack
Jamiroquai (Although mucho respecto to Jay Kay's car collection)
Chemical Brothers
Jack Johnson
Gorillaz
The Kooks
COLDPLAY!!!! I HATE CHRIS MARTIN!!! Jumped up little ****
Busted
McFly
Lily Bloody Allen
Amy Wine-o...I mean Winehouse
David Gray
Craig David
James Blunt
Shakira (Although i most definitely would)
Jose Gonzalez
Keane
Madonna
Nelly Furtado (Although again, I would)
Nizlopi
Robbie Williams
Take That
Westlife
Boyzone
No Doubt
Scissor Sisters
Pink Floyd (Sorry to the Floyd fans but i really dont get it, maybe i'm too young to get it just now)
Snoopy Doggy Woof Woof
The Fray (Whiney horribe little scrotes)
U2...Total garbage their later stuff, earlier stuff ie - Joshua Tree is good but when Bono got mega politically up himself i started HATING them. Plus i think "The Edge" (What a tit) is not that good and is just and effects pedal freak. Imagine a catastrophic effects cock-up at a U2 concert?! You'd just hear Edgey Boy playing Jingle Bells
Anyway....Razorlight
The Feeling
Arcade Fire
The Automatic
Bon Jovi
Box Car Racer
Franz Ferdinand
Fallout Boy
Il Divo
Good Charlotte
Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Justin Hawkins
The Darkness
Limp Bizkit (Wes Borland - Good...Fred Durst - BAD)
Lenny Kravitz - Jimi Hendrix wannabe
Pete Doherty
Maximo Park
POD
Panic! At The Disco
Steve Vai - Now don't get me wrong, immensely talented and gifted but such a big-head! Some, no, 99% of the stuff he plays is just dross of the worst kind. He just plays the most far-out crap he can peddle and hopes to get away with it. At Least Paul Gilbert could play in bands and work around lyrics. Vai can't be trusted to just play something simple. However i do have massive respect for the man.
MAROON 5!
HelloGoodbye

copycat

Fall out Boy, Panic at the Disco, new Green Day, Jay-z, and all those other no name bands that cannot play live. (The majority of what is popular in the rock world right now.) 

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS...........................................................................are awesome.

My guitars: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony and Ibanez AE40 TEL acoustic.
My equipment: Peavey 100w combo (198?) and an ancient (1970's?) Crate 100w combo. A PODxt.

i just cant stand from first to last... crappy band... theyll go nowhere i mean, in two years no one will remember them.. and almost nobody knows them right now nyways.

bud_wiser wrote:

Outkast! Aaaargh!!!!! Change it...change it!!!!!!

Hate them. May all their poos be hedgehogs!

LOL thats funny

All You Need is Love smile

Bands i hate

sean kingston (he sounds terriable)

H*I*M (its okay but it gets annoying)

panic at the disco

any country

50 cent

eminem ( does he even stilll make music)

brittney spears (doesnt even sing)

thats all i can think of

and pretty mutch anybody can get a record deal these days...

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

Wibble wrote:

Panic! At The Disco

After your extensive list, I got to wondering who you actually did like. Why is Panic! A the Disco listed as a favorite on your MySpace page, but listed as shit here?

While I'm here, though:

I don't like Foreigner or Journey.
Phish bugs the hell out of me.

Kyuss rules!