Re: Football2016-2017 season

TIGLJK wrote:

My other team - the Seahawks -  even with Russell Wilson at 50%  - pretty darn tuff !
Beat JETS  -   Sherman's interception was the game !

It's a good thing Sherm caught that pass, because up to that point, Brandon Marshall was having his way with him.   81 yards and a TD, with a long of 41 yards.  It was good to see the Seahawks put together a road win against a good team, though.

But more importantly, my Huskies...  They *killed* Stanford on Friday on a nationally televised game.  Stanford was ranked #7, the Huskies #10, and it wasn't even close.  44-6.  The Dawgs D was suffocating.  Now they're ranked #5 going into Oregon next Saturday.  That will be a great one, unless you're a Duck.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

dino48 wrote:

Ouchoooooooooo. 49ers lost too the cowboys, Seahawks won and no report on Green Bay yet.

The Packers had a bye week the will play next Sunday night, I watched the 49er Cowboy game that rookie QB on Dallas is very good we might not see Tony Rome as long as he keeps wining.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ouch on the Stanford and 49ers .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Look at the bright side.  At least you're not Oregon!  They got slapped around by WSU!  big_smile

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Look at the bright side.  At least you're not Oregon!  They got slapped around by WSU!  big_smile

That makes it a little more tolerable. I think I will drink a little more beer because it helps ease the losses.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

The Dogs will be down this weekend to do it to them again!!  First the Cats and now the Huskies.... no threat from my Beavers in the forseeable future although we'll be up there on the 22nd.  Not a trip I'll be making though.  WSU the following weekend down here.... Likely another "stuffing" and not even close to Thanksgiving!  Same old story in Beaver Country in what feels like Forever.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

The Dogs will be down this weekend to do it to them again!!  First the Cats and now the Huskies.... no threat from my Beavers in the forseeable future although we'll be up there on the 22nd.  Not a trip I'll be making though.  WSU the following weekend down here.... Likely another "stuffing" and not even close to Thanksgiving!  Same old story in Beaver Country in what feels like Forever.

The Beavs always have it tough.  <insert "hard on the beaver joke here.">  But as a consolation prize, you have to love what Mike Riley has done down in Nebraska.   I had a bunch of guys up from Omaha a few weeks ago, and they love him.

I am going to get some more beer for next weekend.I will get feel no pain!

Other than playing in high school ( Fullback because my Father did and wanted ME to), I don't follow American Football that much these days favoring German "Fussball" (That's what I call it), but I don't know (from what I see), I don't know if I like that going down on the knee much, dino. Maybe I don't understand it?

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Other than playing in high school ( Fullback because my Father did and wanted ME to), I don't follow American Football that much these days favoring German "Fussball" (That's what I call it), but I don't know (from what I see), I don't know if I like that going down on the knee much, dino. Maybe I don't understand it?

Your Pal

Bill

Hi Bill you played it so you most likely know some of it. The rules are a lot different now.

I know, my friend and thanks for not taking offense at my "knees" comment - as I said, I really don't understand. But as you were my very first friend to welcome me here, I think you will tolerate my ignorance? Thanks.......... "And the lines on the road just looked like dots!" smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

jerome.oneil wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

The Beavs always have it tough.  <insert "hard on the beaver joke here.">  But as a consolation prize, you have to love what Mike Riley has done down in Nebraska.   I had a bunch of guys up from Omaha a few weeks ago, and they love him.

Huskies are hot they got Stanford and last I saw they were beating the ducks bad. A great one hand catch by #8 of the huskies.

Huskies dropped *70* on the Ducks.

That made my week.  smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

Huskies may win it all this year.

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Huskies may win it all this year.

If they keep playing like they are and win the Pac-12, they certainly deserve a shot at it.

I agree as long as they keep it up. I just saw the 49ers are putting kapernick back in. I do not like that at all . He needs too respect the Flag  and salute it. I may become a permanent Green Bay fan .

dino48 wrote:

I agree as long as they keep it up. I just saw the 49ers are putting kapernick back in. I do not like that at all . He needs too respect the Flag  and salute it. I may become a permanent Green Bay fan .

He needs to up his pass completion ratio.   big_smile

His right to speak his mind in a manner that he sees fit is ensconced in the Constitution.  We should respect that.

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

He needs to up his pass completion ratio.   big_smile

His right to speak his mind in a manner that he sees fit is ensconced in the Constitution.  We should respect that.

That is very true, it does not mean though we have to watch him or agree with him. I have given up watching the pros. For me  college football and basketball is what I watch.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

As I said it is ok for him too express his rights,but I do not respect him for not not respecting the American flag.

The Brady bunch is back Dino.....   just saying....

Badeye       cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

The Brady bunch is back Dino.....   just saying....

Badeye       cool

Good too see the Brady Bunch back!!!  I guess you will get Brady back next game.

Looks like Las Vagas may be getting the Oakland Raiders.

73 (edited by dino48 2016-10-17 00:12:27)

Five lost games in a row for the 49ers,Green Bay and Dallas just started.Green Bay lost!

The Seahawks got away with one.  Atlanta's offense was basically shut down through the first half, then in the 3rd quarter, a whole bunch of blown coverage assignments led to 3 TDs and 280 yards of passing.   In one quarter!   Richard Sherman got away with a PI on a last gasp 4th and 10 to end it.

jerome.oneil wrote:

The Seahawks got away with one.  Atlanta's offense was basically shut down through the first half, then in the 3rd quarter, a whole bunch of blown coverage assignments led to 3 TDs and 280 yards of passing.   In one quarter!   Richard Sherman got away with a PI on a last gasp 4th and 10 to end it.

I am glad too see they won another,at least someone team hear got a win. Kapernick looked bad playing and the afro looks like a Hallowean hairpiece. I hope we can get Gabbert back too playing qb.