Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

bacon is pretty good, especially peppered bacon with bleu cheese!

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

sanguine wrote:

well i will take it to hart but you havent proved me wrong either i will learn more thats true but the fact that the constitution is a "living thing" is not false it is constantly being scrutinized and can be changed it is open to interpratation but can only be modified by those elected not by me or you. and yes words do mean things like "weaseling" like hate and dislike are two very different things and that is inarguable over 6 million of my people died in the 1930s-40s do to one mans hate.  i dislike liberal views but many of my friends are liberals would i destroy them for there beleifs? no! so weaseling or not there is difference and i maybe uneducated but what you SEE and what you dont is for another time

Tell me then, there, Mr. Jr. GOP.  Name one thing "conservative" that the GOP has done over the last 35 years.

Just one.

Then get back to school.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

school starts the 20th and i cant weight and you want some things the grand old party did in the past 35 years ago and on to today
1.ended viet nam
2.settled peace accords between egypt syria and israel (henry kissinger under nixon)
3.stood against communists and won (admitadley so did the democrats)
i believe thats three

So Red Delicious

arkady wrote:

Hi

War
Extreme behaviour or views of any kind.
Religious or Political.

Sensationalism of the news by the mass media.

vandalism

Oh  and the Spice Girls.

Ark

Your dead on correct!

My guitars: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony and Ibanez AE40 TEL acoustic.
My equipment: Peavey 100w combo (198?) and an ancient (1970's?) Crate 100w combo. A PODxt.

105 (edited by mhebert 2007-08-14 10:50:52)

The fall of communism was brought about by Pope John Paul the 2nd in Poland thanks to a speech to the Solidarity Party. The PEOPLE brought down communism in certain countries not the USA. Communism still rules for a large part of this planet. It is not because the old Soviet goverment fell that communism is finished, and this was not brought apon by an american effort that actualy thrived and needed the Cold War.

Well that was a HUGE catalyst..... and this is of course a subject I won't start on because I will go on forever. Sanguine you seem like a smart person but please read your WORLD history and try to back up your arguments with facts and not propaganda spread by the US media over the last 50 years.
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

mhebert wrote:

The fall of communism was brought about by Pope John Paul the 2nd in Poland thanks to a speech to the Solidarity Party. The PEOPLE brought down communism not the USA.
Michel

I believe he was referring to ending the USSR in the 1980's.  Because Reagan was our President at the time, the Republicans like to use more than a little hyperbole and claim to have ended Communism.  I'm sure the poeple living in North Korea, Cuba, and China would like to know when Communism ended, but I do have to admit that the USSR thing is a pretty big deal. 

I don't think all of Poland rose up because of a single speech, either.  I credit the Pope for his boldness, but can't credit him for ending Communism in Poland.  That was coming anyway, but the Pope's speech was a catalyst for action. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

How can you describe the fall of the USSR in a few lines on a forum? I know the speech was just a catalyst yet it was the push the Polish people needed to take the final step. It was also the first country to topple the Soviet regime.
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

108 (edited by danspr 2007-08-14 16:53:47)

jerome.oneil wrote:

Other things I hate.  Run on sentences.  Chalk that up to poor English education...  big_smile

sanguine wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

[Tell me, if the 2nd is required to hunt, as you state, how is it that there are more guns per capita in, say, Canada than here?

firstly what does what we are talking about have to with a well regualted malitia we are talking about hunting and the second ammendment not the right of the states to have a well regulated malitia

There is no relationship between hunting and the second amendment.  None.  Zero.  Nada.
***The second amendment alows the right to bear arms. without any sort of arms, we could not hunt.

and canada is far more restricting with guns than the united states and thats a fact look it up.

The number of gun control laws in Canada has no bearing on the number of guns per capita in Canada.   The per capita gun ownership numbers in Canada are on par with the US.  The difference is that in Canada, most of them are long guns used for hunting.

And the second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting and i never sid it did

"Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?"

"i did not mean in any way to impose that we as americans have the second ammendent in order to protect hunting but without it we would not be able to hunt. "

what i did say is that it is integral to hunting because without arms you can not hunt and that includes bows and guns big_smile

The 2nd has nothing to do with bows, unless you're invading France in the 12th century.  It's about the state's ability to raise a militia, and that is all.

***Bows are considered arms, so the 2nd has everything to do with them. 

The wonderful hunting available in Canada is evidence enough that your premise is flawed.

I'm gonna have to object to that.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

sanguine wrote:

school starts the 20th and i cant weight and you want some things the grand old party did in the past 35 years ago and on to today
1.ended viet nam

After escalating Viet Nam.

2.settled peace accords between egypt syria and israel (henry kissinger under nixon)

The Camp David peace accords were negotiated by President Jimmy Carter and signed by Menachem Begin and Anwar Sedat in 1978.   I remember that happening.   Is it your contention that Jimmy Carter is a "conservative?" 

3.stood against communists and won (admitadley so did the democrats)

The fall of the Soviet Union, which Regan worshipers are all to ready to claim full credit, began with a policy of containment established by George Marshall and Harry Truman following WWII.  It was the same policy followed by every US President through Regan.  Truman not only started the fall of the Soviet State, he predicted it.

i believe thats three

I believe thats none.

Perhaps you might chime in on the conservative policies of massive debt, unilateral foreign intervention,  domestic warrant less spying,  abuse of national security data, and other wonders of the modern GOP.

Fact is, if you're a genuine conservative, you'd be a Democrat.

110 (edited by danspr 2007-08-14 17:13:42)

3.stood against communists and won (admitadley so did the democrats)[
The fall of the Soviet Union, which Regan worshipers are all to ready to claim full credit, began with a policy of containment established by George Marshall and Harry Truman following WWII.  It was the same policy followed by every US President through Regan.  Truman not only started the fall of the Soviet State, he predicted it.

Democrats would have liked to get troops out of the communist countrys. in doing this, there would be nothing stoping comunists from continuing what they were doing. Let me give you some ideas of what they did. For one, they cut off the arms of people if they had a mark of a cirtain vaccination.
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

alvee33 wrote:

Here here! I never fail to squirm when there is a "praise band" playing at church. Usually they're not too good and all that happy clappy Kuhm by Yah (or whatever) freaks me out.

Each to their own, I suppose, but don't expect me to be dancing in the pews.

Grump grump grump.

You really know what you'r talking about.
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

danspr wrote:

Democrats would have liked to get troops out of the communist countrys. in doing this, there would be nothing stoping comunists from continuing what they were doing. Let me give you some ideas of what they did. For one, they cut off the arms of people if they had a mark of a cirtain vaccination.
cool danspr

Republican would like to kick puppies and let old people starve in the streets.

Here's a clue.  Those communist regimes are still there.

Poor education in history is pretty annoying, too.

jerome.oneil wrote:
danspr wrote:

cool danspr

Republican would like to kick puppies and let old people starve in the streets.

Here's a clue.  Those communist regimes are still there.

Poor education in history is pretty annoying, too.

If republicans want to kick puppies , than why did just about every republican president have a dog? also, republicans set up systems to make sure old people dont starve in the streets.
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

GOP presidents have dogs so they can kick them.  Duh!

Social Security was established under Franklin Roosevelt, and was opposed by the GOP at every turn.  We now see the GOP trying diligently to bankrupt the government so that future SS payments can not be made.

Like I said, the GOP wants old people to starve in the streets.

OK heres the issue you dont know what your talking about at all your being ridiculus look it up instead of jumping to conclusions and history is my best subject.  So here yah go Henry Kissinger under Richard Nxon (admittadley not a very smart guy) settled peace accords not the Camp david ones.  those were a different time and a different conflict.  how can you write of the ending of vietnam so what we started it and we got our selves out and sved counltess more lives.  and comunism at least the fall of the ussr was a collective effort communism is a bad system its idealist it would fall eventually but us and the rest of world stood up to them and matched them move to move bomb to bomb war to war and who is still standing?

So Red Delicious

oh and i have top dogs and have had them all my life and would never think of harming them
things i hate people who think they know everything in face o huge amounts of evidence to the contrary

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

OK heres the issue you dont know what your talking about at all your being ridiculus look it up instead of jumping to conclusions and history is my best subject.  So here yah go Henry Kissinger under Richard Nxon (admittadley not a very smart guy) settled peace accords not the Camp david ones.  those were a different time and a different conflict.  how can you write of the ending of vietnam so what we started it and we got our selves out and sved counltess more lives.  and comunism at least the fall of the ussr was a collective effort communism is a bad system its idealist it would fall eventually but us and the rest of world stood up to them and matched them move to move bomb to bomb war to war and who is still standing?

If history is your best subject, you must be one lousy student.

Kissinger didn't negotiate anything at all between Syria and Israel except a cease fire in the Yom Kippur war.  There were no formal recognition between the combative states.   All they did was stop shooting at each other.

Formal recognition where Egypt actually acknowledged Israel's right to exist didn't come until five years later under Carter.   Carter's policy was pretty much a multilateral approach, and was an abandonment of the policy set by his predecessor's, and Kissinger's.

Viet Nam could have been over during Nixon's first term, as he promised.   Instead, he broadened it into Cambodia, increased the number of troops there,  and cost thousands of lives.   And just in case you're interested, the first US troops there were sent in by Ike Eisenhower.  You might have heard of him.

Like I said, I'm still waiting for you to tell me *anything* "conservative" that the GOP has done in the last 35 years.

Just one thing would do.

GOP = Get Old People

118 (edited by sanguine 2007-08-14 21:24:35)

your unwillingness to see good is not my issue stopping the fighting is good enough in my book and it just goes to show thst nothing our country does is never ever enough or right to a democrat YOU show the very eppitomy of what a deocrat is

oh and ike was a republican and a war hero.  and another thing republicans did was:
1.the defense of kawait in the the first gulf war.
2.the overthrow of sadam hussein who was every bit of a tyrant

So Red Delicious

i am now done with this topic. it has degenerated in to a fight of words and neither of us will give up.  i do not believe there is any further point to this discussion

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

your unwillingness to see good is not my issue stopping the fighting is good enough in my book and it just goes to show thst nothing our country does is never ever enough or right to a democrat YOU show the very eppitomy of what a deocrat is

We recognize that real peace is not accorded to anyone who will not recognize another's right to exist.  That was not a republican accomplishment.   Jimmy Carter did that.

oh and ike was a republican and a war hero.  and another thing republicans did was:
1.the defense of kawait in the the first gulf war.

I'm a veteran of that war.  It was well executed, and well planned.  It was also a war that was fought with the full support of the global community through the United Nations.  That is a body that the GOP's leadership has called "quaint" and "obsolete."

Ironic, considering...

2.the overthrow of sadam hussein who was every bit of a tyrant

I think we've seen the results of this bit of madness.  Iraq is an unmitigated disaster.  But you're right, it is completely a GOP misdadventure.  The blood of every American killed there is right on the hands of the GOP.   

Hey, who said this?

"Once you got to Iraq and took it over, took down Saddam Hussein's government, then what are you going to put in its place? That's a very volatile part of the world, and if you take down the central government of Iraq, you could very easily end up seeing pieces of Iraq fly off: part of it, the Syrians would like to have to the west, part of it -- eastern Iraq -- the Iranians would like to claim, they fought over it for eight years. In the north you've got the Kurds, and if the Kurds spin loose and join with the Kurds in Turkey, then you threaten the territorial integrity of Turkey.

It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over Iraq."

Can you tell me that, kid?  I'll give you a hint.  He sits in the Whitehouse right now.

lol wow... talk about getting off topic. how many days have yall been arguing over this now?

All You Need is Love smile

Gentlemen, there are lots of political websites hosting forums concerning politics.  I realize this Chat Corner is 'wide open' to any topic, but this thread has stymied into bickering between just two users . . .

I am debating whether to close the thread.
Any opinions on this option are welcome.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Close it?!?! Are you kidding. This is priceless entertainment. Let they say what they need say they.

Give everything but up.

well the thread was meant to be for people to air there Dislikes and vent a bit which is why i started the thread. I think it really should be left open because:
1 - Some people like to vent and people have bad days every day so leaving this specific thread open for people to vent off their frustrations is helpful to the person venting
2 - As SouthPaw said, its priceless entertainment hearing them two bickering over something as stupid as the interpretation of the american constitution. As a Brit its teaching me something about america

Ok, that works for me.  The thread stays - no problem.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]