Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

Great now lets start talking about Religion, Sexuality, and the alltime biggest question. Willma or Betty?
LOL

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Betty definately.  And Maryann, too!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Betty for me too but I would also add Brenda Lee, Mary Travers and Amy Sky.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

WILLLLLLLMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!!! and Maryanne
But the hottest all time female T.V. character--- Daphne from Scooby Doo

Give everything but up.

130 (edited by alvee33 2007-08-15 15:53:17)

Here's one for all the Scots on here:

Maggie from The Broons lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Looking back at the whole argument it was kinda funny

So Red Delicious

Wibble wrote:

2 - As SouthPaw said, its priceless entertainment hearing them two bickering over something as stupid as the interpretation of the american constitution. As a Brit its teaching me something about america

Yes.  It should be teaching you the difference between being a "citizen" and a "subject."

Zing!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

hmmm ive never looked at it like that what is the difference im not up on foreign government.

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

hmmm ive never looked at it like that what is the difference im not up on foreign government.

In America, we recognize that governments are instituted amongst and by the governed, for the benefit of the governed.  In England, it is it is Her Majesty's Government.  That is, the government is headed still by the Monarch.   Today it is symbolic, as they are a real democracy, but that does not change the view of the Divine Right of Kings to rule.  They are subjects to the crown.     We are citizens of our nation, and our government is subject to us.

We wrote a letter to them about that in 1776, expressing our displeasure.  big_smile

Wasnt daphne underage? she was just a meddling kid.

Actually Jerome. Our Monarchy has not actually had any diplomatic power since the late 1800's/early 1900's. And the government is subject to the population also, hence the Liberal Democrats, conservatives, Labour, Scottish Nationalist Party, British Nationalist Party, Welsh Nationalist Party and god knows how many others (Monster Raving Loony Party for one!).

There are Elections(National) every now and then - unfortunately i don't bother voting at the moment as i am in the military so no matter who i vote for my job remains the same and we get treat the same - and there a i think 4 yearly local elections.

These local elections win each party "seats" in the House Of Commons, whichever holds the majority of the seats, holds the power to say yes or no to any legislation put before them. However, it has been known on occassion for smaller parties to gang together against the majority seat holder. IE - Labour has 48 seats, Liberal Democrats have 16 and Conservatives have 34. If a bill is passed that could maybe win Labour the favour of the british public (especially in times of national election) then sometimes Lib Dem & Conservatives will vote "No" to the legislation put forward to them by Labour so that they out-vote them 50 to 48.

Its all a bit over my head really because they are all as bad as each other

I recognize that.  I even noted that the Monarchy is largely symbolic.  The issue isn't whether the Monarch wields power (we all know She doesn't) it's what the very existence of a Monarch symbolizes with regards to the position of the government in relationship to that of the people.

The American Constitution asserts that all power stems from the people. It is, in essence,  an express grant of power to the government from the people.  The government has only those powers that are granted to it specifically, and none else.   All other rights are reserved to the states, or to the people.    The British Constitutional Monarchy works the opposite way.  The government has inherent powers that it may wield over the people, and that the people have no control over.

jerome.oneil wrote:

The government has only those powers that are granted to it specifically, and none else.

If that were true in fact as well as theory our lives would be ever so much simpler.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

139 (edited by jerome.oneil 2007-08-18 00:24:29)

Zurf wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

The government has only those powers that are granted to it specifically, and none else.

If that were true in fact as well as theory our lives would be ever so much simpler.

- Zurf

All governments will seize as much power as they can.  That is a true fact born out since the dawn of civilization.  That isn't the issue, though.  The issue is recognizing from where a government's power stems, and how that power is checked.   We have three bodies of government that are theoretically supposed to act as checks and balances against each other.  In reality, we have two political parties that do that.

While both nations have elections and peaceful transfer of power,   we have, as a final option, the 2nd Amendment.  As I'm sure young squire Sanguine will now be able to tell you,  it exists for the sole purpose of defending the citizen against the federal government.   Jefferson was quite explicit when he wrote that letter to King George III in 1776.  He stated categorically that it is not just the right, but the *obligation* of free men to throw off tyranny and oppression.

We are not subjects to the government as a result.

Once again, we may not have "2nd amendment" but the government CAN NOT commit any unlawful act upon the people of Great Britain as the Police have more power than even the government. If our Prime Minister we to say tomorrow "Anyone who doesn't own a house will be shot" (Highly unlikely however) then the police would defend the public from this and the military (once again who have more power than the prime minister) would refuse it, which in essence would mean that the Prime Minister would, hypothetically, have to recruit a militia in order to try and follow through his order. However the British public would be able to defend themselves in light of such unlawful practices. Also, again to refer to my earlier post whereby i tried to explain to you that the Prime Minister does not actually hold any sole power as the House Of Commons and all of the representatives of the various parties for the consituents the length and breadth are the ones who actually hold the power as a collective. Individually the Prime Minister can not sign off on anything. Every little piece of government legislation (even what fragrance of air freshener to leave in the toilet) MUST be agreed to by a majority vote in the House Of Commons.

If the PM were to come up with some ridiculous plot to seize power by force there would be a vote of no confidence from within the House of Commons, he would be removed from his chair as Prime Minister and arrested. The Prime Minister's deputy would then stand in and an emergency election would be called and the British Public would then vote which party (and party leader) they want to have the most power in the country.

As a result WE are not subjects and, like i explained and you overlooked, we haven't been "subjects" since the end of the reign of Queen Victoria! The monarch is a figurehead that is only kept as it generates a massive amount of tourism income (Mainly from Americans funnily enough) who we pay from our Tax bills every year a percentage, in return the monarchy gets a ridiculous amount of privileges. The ONLY reason that our Prime Minister is not seen as the "Head of State" like the Queen is, is because we would lose Billions on tourism and we have the history of having a monarch. France always had monarchs but they were useless so got rid of them. Scotland used to have its own monarch but we killed her. You lot over USA have a President which works for you guys, same as we have a Prime Minister, difference is we make extra couple of Billion pound just by letting a few Posh people walk around saying "Ooh i would love some Cabernet Sauvignon" or whatever. Bloody clever marketing strategy i think. Might be useless but they generate a ridiculous amount of interest.

Now, IF we hadn't been so successful when our previous monarchs were in charge (IE - The British Empire) then we would have got rid of them when King James II was in charge and the British Public and Government were going to overthrow the Monarchy. The only reason he was kept in charge was because of the public relations he had forged with other countries which brought goods into the country - food mainly - and the fear that this supply chain would be broken if he were to be overthrown

Now in your country at the moment, your current president (Monkey Boy) is told what to do by zoo keepers feeding him banana's, and our former Prime Minister was Monkey Boy's Monkey Boy, which is just plain embarrassing!!

Hi Wibble,
I dont normally enter into religion or politics. But i would like you to read this!

Weary Men what reap ye? Golden corn for the stranger what sow ye?
Human corpses that await for the avenger .  Fainting forms all hunger stricken,
what see you in the offing? Stately ships to bear our Food away amid the strangers scoffing..
Theres a proud array of soldiers, why are they around our door? They guard our masters granaries from the thin hand of the poor.. Our children swoon before us and we cannot give them bread!
We were wretches Famished scorned, Human tools to build your pride!
Now in your hour of pleasure, Bask ye in the worlds caress; our whitening bones will arise as witnesses.  From the the cabins and the ditches in there charred uncoffined masses for the angel of the Trumpet Will know them as he passes.
A ghastly spectral army before god we will stand and arraign ye all as murderers O spoilers of our land.
Now Wibble my question to you is!
Which Smug Pot here is calling the Kettle black Ass.? also  Is your Queen German?
Quote"Any body can make history! But it takes a great Man to write about  it". Thank you "Oscar Wilde!
this is all i have to say on this matter!
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

IM A GOOD PERSON ALWAYS READY TO HELP BUT I HATE WHEN FRIEND AND FAMILY TAKE ADVANTEGE AND ALL I WOULD LIKE IS FOR THEM TO SAY THANKS NOT ALWAYS BUT SOMETIMES,,,,,,,

ALSO IM A GYPSY GIRL AND I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY ALL KINDS OF BAD STUFF
ABOUT US WERE NOT ALL BAD ! JUST LIKE EVERY BODY ELS IN THIS WORLD!!!

YOU HAVE YOUR GOOD AND BAD ....ALSO I HATE BARR CHORDS LOL BEEN PLAYING 2 YEARS STILL CANT GET THEM DOWN..... ONLY BM IT SOUND O.K.

Old Doll, your post makes no sense. Try being cocise and straight to the point rather than skirting whatever issue you wish to raise.

On your first Question - Nobody is calling the Kettle Black because you make no bloody sense!

Secondly - Our Queen is not German she is English. This "The Queen Is German" thing is based on the fact her family have German Ancestry. Whoopie Doo! I have Irish ancestry, hell, my Mother is Scottish and my Father is from Rep. Of Ireland but i was born in Middlesbrough in England, therefore I am English.

No doubt your American judging by your response (Sorry to make a sweeping statement like that but considering he spouted that God-Bothering crap i imagine he/she is American, being one of the more religion-based countries) but Americans have Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh, Mexican, American Indian, Polish, Italian, Dutch and an entire plethora of other influences in your ancestry, same as English have French, German, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish ancestry. So to make the statement of "Isn't your Queen German" which like i say, is based VERY loosely on the fact she has German ancestry is just stupid.

Wibble,
I expected you to understand this piece! without any explaination! As you give the impression you know your History!
But it seems your selective in only considering  your own!   Did you never take the time to read more about your Dads Irish History?  Especially now as you say your  Dad is a Irishman...  I am100% Irish!  So your sweeping statement is wrong!    My Dad was born in Liverpool of Irish Parents. But was raised in Dublin!
One snippet in your piece rattled me. quote! "And the fear that this supply chain  {Food] would be broken".  Brought back all my Famine history to me!
I suggest you read "The Mass Graves Of Ireland " 1845 to 1850!  and get a feeling for the" Pomposity Of the British Empire" and there destruction on my Little Island.   I suggest you also read up on you Scottish History as well. It will give you a much broader view on our world and its History!
I have family and friends stretching right across the globe and English Born and bred family members through marriage! Never had a problem with colour race or creed!
I hope now this Piece was concise enough for you Wibble!
So have a good Day!
Old Doll.

I am in total agreeance wit hold doll here,
I just like to say, I hate all humans from everywhere as well as love all humans from everywhere.

And before this gets into a slagging match on this thread I would suggest it gets locked.

There has been much interest in this "things we hate". Seems like humans love to hate and go on and on about things.
As for things that hapened in the past, they should never be forgotten but at the same time they should not get used to start or use in arguments ( not unless ye really hate the person,lol)

so c'mon folk, lighten up, keep it nice on the forum.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi UYK,
That first piece for Wibble i put there testing the waters! as that piece is instantantly recogniseable to anyone who has a fairly basic knowledge of world history! As an Irish famine piece...I dont skirt issues, i deal with them head on.

Your Right! I did not come to this site looking for History Lessons, Men or Love!
My love of music and guitar keeps me here. and nice people along the way are a bonus!
I do not hate anybody! Hate is to strong an emotion which causes dis-ease in the body! so i dont do hate!  I dislike "Well Educated " people with no etiquette!
But music is my love. So Wibble no more on this for me. "Thank You" But you are entitled to your opinion.  Ill finish on this!!

{C}When Irish Eyes are smiling, sure  {F}"tis like a morning {C}spring
{F}in the lilt of Irish {C}laughter, {A7}you can {D&}hear the Angels{G} sing
when{C} irish hearts are happy {C7}all the {F}world seems bright and {G}gay
{F}Sure when irish {C}eyes are {A7]smiling, they would {D}steal your {G7]heart  {C}away.
Slán

Old Doll.

147 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2007-08-19 20:48:10)

With all due respect to the moderators, these forums are open to almost any topic. These "exchanges" of views and opinions are healthy and educational. Opposing views and dealing tactfully with them is the essence of life at its finest. We don't need a "big bad wolf" telling us what to say and how to say what we have to say. Let the chordians vent. In the long run it's the right thing to do. Some of my best friends today are people I've opposed in past days. Whether it be a differing view on politics, religion, music, or whatever, it's beneficial to understand or least be wise to, life on the "other side of the  tracks." Just my $.02
Southpaw41L

Give everything but up.

And in case we have forgotten,   baseball is vastly superior to cricket.

And football - that's REAL football, not some American or Australian incarnation - is THE BEAUTIFUL GAME.

http://www.saintmirren.net/index.php

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Soccer is only interesting when it's played on ice, with sticks and a puck.  big_smile