Topic: Upgrage Ukulele

I bought a Cordoba Concert Uke in February. I've gotten pretty decent, but would like to upgrade the sound a bit. Don't get me wrong. The Cordoba is a beauty, and for the price ($85 US), I couldn't have made a better choice. But I'm ready for a tenor. Any suggestions for the $100 - $200 range?

Re: Upgrage Ukulele

Gidday conehead
i`ve got a `boulder creek` uke.solid mahogany.
plays lovely & it`s a bit different,kinda funky.
let us know how you get on.

The King Of Audio Torture

This is the best string instrument after guitar. Very interesting sounding

shawnscott wrote:

This is the best string instrument after guitar. Very interesting sounding

Ukes are unique and well suited for some kinds of music..... but I find that a capo up around fret 5 gets a similar tone that will do nicely in a pinch, for those of us not up to investing in another instrument or devoting the time to learn for only a couple of tunes in the set-list.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I had to teach of friend of mine small child. I started her good uke, then as she grew to a tenor guitar, then to a 3/4 size guitar, and again as she grew a full size guitar. Even as a small child she worked harder than I first thought she would.  The uke she started on was a rather expensive one and the sound of it was the best I have heard. It was easy to turn and hard good volume.  It was a Luna brand and she still has it in a very small case.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

For a good tenor take a look at an Ibanez Performance PFT2-NT. Where your favorite music store should have one here is just one link for it: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/Perf … -Guitar.gc

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Takamine great sounding soprano uke for about $100