Topic: Upgrage Ukulele

I bought a Cordoba Concert Uke in February. I've gotten pretty decent, but would like to upgrade the sound a bit. Don't get me wrong. The Cordoba is a beauty, and for the price ($85 US), I couldn't have made a better choice. But I'm ready for a tenor. Any suggestions for the $100 - $200 range?

Re: Upgrage Ukulele

Gidday conehead
i`ve got a `boulder creek` uke.solid mahogany.
plays lovely & it`s a bit different,kinda funky.
let us know how you get on.

The King Of Audio Torture

This is the best string instrument after guitar. Very interesting sounding

shawnscott wrote:

This is the best string instrument after guitar. Very interesting sounding

Ukes are unique and well suited for some kinds of music..... but I find that a capo up around fret 5 gets a similar tone that will do nicely in a pinch, for those of us not up to investing in another instrument or devoting the time to learn for only a couple of tunes in the set-list.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I had to teach of friend of mine small child. I started her good uke, then as she grew to a tenor guitar, then to a 3/4 size guitar, and again as she grew a full size guitar. Even as a small child she worked harder than I first thought she would.  The uke she started on was a rather expensive one and the sound of it was the best I have heard. It was easy to turn and hard good volume.  It was a Luna brand and she still has it in a very small case.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

For a good tenor take a look at an Ibanez Performance PFT2-NT. Where your favorite music store should have one here is just one link for it: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/Perf … -Guitar.gc

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Takamine great sounding soprano uke for about $100

I just bought this Epiphone LEs Paul ukulele, and what an amazing instrument, and nice finishing (Heritage Cherry) My best investment so far :-) 

Danish passionate ukulele player

I'm seeing posts from new folks in this thread. WELCOME to the Chordie Family, uke players (ukuleleists?) You're in great company here, so let us know how it goes, what you're buying and jump right in. The music's fine!  smile

Bill 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Trying to find the chords for ukulele for a song called The Journey but I can't find it anywhere. There is another song with the same name but not the same at all.

The words start off:
When you start out on a journey, on a road to who knows where.
You never know what's round the next bend.     

Hi Lynne ... welcome to Chordie! I found this link to a song of that name with ukele chords, but I'm not certain if it's the one you're looking for:

https://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/ … 26979.html

Closest thing I could find ... hope it's helpful.