Topic: Moderators

The eagle-eyed of you may have noticed that there is a 'new boy' Moderator.

There were a couple of sections that could do with an extra pair of eyes watching over them so, after 5 years and 3,000 posts, as well a getting a unique title, Tenement Funster is now one of the team and can now look forward to being paid annually his share of the imaginary pickles. lol

Welcome to the team Rick.

Roger

https://media.giphy.com/media/zwaneogYUGiBi/giphy.gif

Re: Moderators

Welcome to the Team TF !!  It's On-The-Job-Training.... so don't be afraid to ask questions.  Come to think of it, you are as far East on the NA Continent as any other Mod, so you get first crack at them in the morning.  Okay that is not so much of a thing is it??  I'm as far West as you can get, and that just means I get to stay up later.... not feeling "special". big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Moderators

Congratulations Rick, welcome to mount Olympus!

Just remember we've all been through this stage, you can call it trial by fire if you like only you can make as many cock ups as you like and they still won't fire you, I'm testament to that.

Put your stamp on your forums and try not to piss the members off....too much. Most importantly don't piss Roger off...I dread to see his name on my emails lol

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by unclejoesband 2018-02-25 13:14:36)

Re: Moderators

Phill Williams wrote:

Congratulations Rick, welcome to mount Olympus!...
...Most importantly don't piss Roger off...I dread to see his name on my emails lol

And here I thought it was just me. LOL.

The first think that crosses my mind is; Oh no. What did I do wrong this time?  http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6541.gif http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3840.gif

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

Re: Moderators

Rick Welcome aboard the Chordie Ship we set sail every day to do battle with Somali spammers and their ilk a very rewarding task and of course, the pay is fantastic! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Moderators

Welcome to the Team!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Moderators

Congrats and welcome to the Imaginary Pickle Club!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Moderators

I am relishing all these pickle references.

Re: Moderators

Baldguitardude wrote:

I am relishing all these pickle references.

That is so bad I almost reported this post as offensive. Not Dilly Dilly big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Moderators

topdown wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

I am relishing all these pickle references.

That is so bad I almost reported this post as offensive. Not Dilly Dilly big_smile

Quit gherkin me around!

Re: Moderators

Pickle jokes seem to be your bread and butter

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Moderators

Baldguitardude wrote:
topdown wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

I am relishing all these pickle references.

That is so bad I almost reported this post as offensive. Not Dilly Dilly big_smile

Quit gherkin me around!

Well you two seem to know your onions?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Moderators

Phill Williams wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:
topdown wrote:

That is so bad I almost reported this post as offensive. Not Dilly Dilly big_smile

Quit gherkin me around!

Well you two seem to know your onions?

Eggzactly smile

Re: Moderators

Here's some must-reading for you crazy people:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Yn%2BXWVLBL.jpg

ACOUSTICS:  Cordoba D10-CE / LaPatrie "Concert" / Takamine GD30CE-12 / Norman ST30
ELECTRICS:  EP Les Paul Custom Pro / Gretsch Streamliner G2420T / EP Thunderbird Pro IV bass
AMPS:  Traynor YCS50 / Peavey "TF" VK212 / Traynor AM150T / Fender Rumble 150
EFFECTS: Boss ME-80 Multi-effects / Ibanez WD7 wah

15 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-02-26 23:45:31)

Re: Moderators

Excuse my ignorance  is a pickle something like a gherkin or an onion preserved in brine.????   When I was kid I remember my Grandmother saying " Now now  don't get yourself in a pickle". I just thought it was her way of saying don't get confused. When I lived in the  UK some pubs sold pickled eggs are they pickles??? My mum use to  make jars of onions in brine which she called pickle onions.. Am I on the right track or is it something else ??? Congratulations TF you are  good person to have as a Moderator,

Re: Moderators

Here in the states a pickle is a cucumber/gherkin living in a mainly vinegar brine. There are varying degrees of strength to the brine from a very sour dill pickle to the sweet gherkin. We have pickled eggs as well.  I always add red beets when I make pickled eggs.

And we have the same expression; "I got myself in a real pickle this time"

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

17 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-02-27 08:18:55)

Re: Moderators

Thank you UJB .  I remember as a kid children schools here  taught us"Peter Piper" a English-language  tongue-twister. It is only now that I realise what  the pickle peppers are.in the ryhme.
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Re: Moderators

Congratulations TF ............. great to see you on board smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

19 (edited by Phill Williams 2018-02-27 11:14:28)

Re: Moderators

Info for Peatle.

Anything that's "pickled" in vinegar or acid we call eg pickled onions, pickled eggs, pickled cockles etc even tin coated copper for electric wires gets pickled in the process of plating. I believe Londoners enjoy pickled eels!!!!

Edited to correct predictive text

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Moderators

Great to have you on the Mods team TF..
As for the pickles all I have to say is "Bring out the Branston"

21 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-02-27 10:53:08)

Re: Moderators

Phill when I lived in London outside some pubs you would get Barrow Boys selling Jellied eels. The dish consists of chopped eels boiled in a spiced stock that is allowed to cool and set, forming a jelly. It is eaten cold. The Barrow Boys would also sell cockles and mussels done in vinegar. They would sell their food to you in little plastic containers with little wooden picks to eat it with. Something that might amuse our American friends is our local Pub in London use  to serve Faggots.  That is  Faggots, gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. A faggot is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.

22 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-02-27 10:59:04)

Re: Moderators

Not to "squash" the conversation, but I'm sure we all have "bean" waiting for the response from the head pickler here on Chordie.
My intent is not to "pepper" you with "sage" advice, just to "leek" out a few good lines.
"Zucchani(t)" just about anything if it is brined in vinegar (apparently  even eels- arrgh:(  )

I don't want to "beet" this thread so I will conclude by saying -

"Lettuce" all be thankful for pickles."
"Peas" be with you all !
So with that said - it's time to "end(ive)" this piece and  get the "Mojo" on !! smile
It certainly would be thre right thing to do - give him a "turn(ip) !

Jim  smile

p.s.  I hope my comments won't be the cause of any "rhubarbs" among us!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Moderators

TIGLJK wrote:

Not to "squash" the conversation, but I'm sure we all have "bean" waiting for the response from the head pickler here on Chordie.
My intent is not to "pepper" you with "sage" advice, just to "leek" out a few good lines.
"Zucchani(t)" just about anything if it is brined in vinegar (apparently  even eels- arrgh:(  )

I don't want to "beet" this thread so I will conclude by saying -

"Lettuce" all be thankful for pickles."
"Peas" be with you all !
So with that said - it's time to "end(ive)" this piece and  get the "Mojo" on !! smile
It certainly would be thre right thing to do - give him a "turn(ip) !

Jim  smile

p.s.  I hope my comments won't be the cause of any "rhubarbs" among us!

Quite possibly the oddest post I've ever read ... love it! lol

ACOUSTICS:  Cordoba D10-CE / LaPatrie "Concert" / Takamine GD30CE-12 / Norman ST30
ELECTRICS:  EP Les Paul Custom Pro / Gretsch Streamliner G2420T / EP Thunderbird Pro IV bass
AMPS:  Traynor YCS50 / Peavey "TF" VK212 / Traynor AM150T / Fender Rumble 150
EFFECTS: Boss ME-80 Multi-effects / Ibanez WD7 wah

Re: Moderators

it doesn't get any butter, but then it couldn't get much worse(tershire sauce) ....did i have to do that?...yes  lol

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Moderators

Tenement Funster wrote:
TIGLJK wrote:

Not to "squash" the conversation, but I'm sure we all have "bean" waiting for the response from the head pickler here on Chordie.
My intent is not to "pepper" you with "sage" advice, just to "leek" out a few good lines.
"Zucchani(t)" just about anything if it is brined in vinegar (apparently  even eels- arrgh:(  )

I don't want to "beet" this thread so I will conclude by saying -

"Lettuce" all be thankful for pickles."
"Peas" be with you all !
So with that said - it's time to "end(ive)" this piece and  get the "Mojo" on !! smile
It certainly would be thre right thing to do - give him a "turn(ip) !

Jim  smile

p.s.  I hope my comments won't be the cause of any "rhubarbs" among us!

Quite possibly the oddest post I've ever read ... love it! lol

well apprently i have not been DILLegent on keeping up with  the post here. on formality im not much of a stickler but i do what i want as the head pickler.
now i dont want my friends to turn sour on me and it wouldnt be kosher if i didnt make an appearance. and now that i have scraped the bottom of the pickle barrel for something to say i will dilly dally about no more

congratulations on the promotion T F  and the 3000 mile stone may you post another 3grand and all your pickles be sweet( or dill if you prefer)

behold the power of the pickle *taps TF on both shoulders with the pickle scepter*

sorry about the juice on the shirt there buddy

out of tune out of key and out of touch