Topic: Hi everyone

Hi everyone, my name is arad ralami, Recently I've bought an Acoustic guitar for my self and now in want to start to learning for playing some songs, when I searched about the learnings I found your community, so I decided to register, so I hope we have a great time with each other here.
Sorry if I have any mistake in my grammar, English is my second language. 

Re: Hi everyone

Welcome Aradi !
Yo have come to the right place. There are many on the forum that can assist you in a variety of ways.
Glad to have a new member !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank you for your warm welcome TIGLJK     

Welcome to the Community Arad !  No worries about your grammar, American English is my first Language..... and I'm sure many of my English friends would think mine is terrible.
We make ourselves understood though, and that is what counts. 
Pull up a chair, tune up, and make yourself comfortable..... you are in good company.     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

And it is warm welcome from me too.

Enjoy the Forum and the help that other Members can give you. Never be afraid to ask questions thinking it might be silly as the only silly question is the one you do not ask lol We have all had to learn, some of us started a long time ago (with me it was 62 years ago) but there is always something new we can learn about music and playing guitar.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome aradii! Folks on this site are very helpful and we also look forward to your input.     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Welcome. We're happy to help with any questions you have.

There's a bunch of great free sites to get you started.  Check out the Beginner's series on www.justinguitar.com if you get the chance and see if that helps you. It's free, unless you want to donate.

I hope you have a great time learning guitar.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

AS all have said WELCOME Aradi!  You are in great company.  many of us will skype, Facebook  vid, or facetime.  Can you let us know where you are located?  (this is mainly for time zone differences if you wuld like some free vid help. )  The link Zurf gave you is a great one. I also like Marty Schwartz and Brett Pappa. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnlTW … FiZhQ5uudg        lesson 1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSaXAe8tyg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoMrOn … lHxF3AAyNA         Moving chord shapes  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EklW-lzzMDo     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks for the kind words my friends, I am really happy to be a part of this community.     

10 (edited by aradii 2020-11-16 08:57:50)

Thank you very much zurf for introducing this awesome website to me, I'm sure it's really helpful for me and I’m so thankful beamer for these amazing YouTube channels, I'm from Iran my friend.

We have a large time difference however still workable if you need one on one help from anyone.  its 11.5 hour difference from the US west coast.
8:21 AM Monday, in Seattle, WA is
7:51 PM Monday, in Iran     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

What style of music are you ingterested in learning?     

and a welcome from me Aradii. we all have to begin somewhere. i suggest lean simple open chords, practice rhythm/strumming and don't try to run before you can walk...take it slow in other words.

it's good to have new friends to talk to from the middle east...welcome again     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hey Aradi,
Welcome to you. I am a new member too. I have been playing on and off (mostly off) for 50 years. My only advice is enjoy the hell out of it man. Learn everything you can but take it slow. You will have more fun if you don't expect to play like Eddie van Halen from the beginning. We all start somewhere. Crawl first then you get callouses. Lol...see ya around. Don't worry about your grammar. You will be understood just fine.     

With a song on my lips.

Welcome.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

@beamer For now I prefer Classical.
@Phill Williams Thanks for your warm welcome and the suggestion my friend.
@inonit69 Thank you for sharing your advice with me my friend.     

aradii wrote:

@beamer For now I prefer Classical.

Classical guitarists have the maddest skills. I tried to learn classical one of the times I started, and despite having been a classical bassist at one time in my life and being familiar with the learning approach to classical music and reading a score, classical guitar was outside my grasp and strumming Willie Nelson songs with simplified arrangements became much more appealing to me.

Best of luck to you, because if you learn to play classical you'll learn terrific skills and theory that translates to other forms of music and you'll be well positioned to play anything at all.     

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Welcome to Chordie Aradii I wish I had learnt classical when I was younger. It gives you skills to play all sorts of  music.     

@zurf I didn't know the classical is hard for learning, It seems I have a difficult path.
@Peatle Jville Thank you for your motivation.     

Arad like you I started learning guitar through Classical, but self-taught.  Good lessons would be helpful for awhile to avoid bad habits early on.  I should ask, have you training in other instruments such as piano?  The skill of reading standard notation and a basis in music theory is a real asset.  From there it is mainly developing familiarity with where the notes occur on the fretboard and lots of practice, practice, practice.

The folks here on Chordie are very good at providing encouragement and helpful advice as you may need, so coming here was a good place to join in.

Salaam     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

aradii wrote:

@zurf I didn't know the classical is hard for learning, It seems I have a difficult path.
@Peatle Jville Thank you for your motivation.

Jsut because it was difficult for me doesn't mean it will be difficult for you. You should follow your path, with encouragement from your Chordie folk!