Topic: too drunk to care

I just re-recorded this song today as I have done with 16 other of my own this week. ( all my family are getting a cd of ME for christmas ,lol)

it might look a bit bad but it is not that bad really. It is not bragging about taking advantage like my wife thought. It is trying to point out the dangers of getting smashed out your face so much that the female has no idea what she is doing or what is going to happen.

I have this song on youtube as well.

Too drunk to care

A  E

She asked me up to dance and I said yes
She said is this your kind of music
I said can you guess
She said No.
She thought I was weird coz I wore a bra
I have no breasts, it’s just for the charm
And she knew
I wore it on the outside when we danced to our song
Seemed to go on forever, it was too long
And we danced

A, A/B

I took her by the hand and went to the bar
I never got myself a drink coz I brought the car
I had to drive
So we talked for a while into each others ear
I thought to myself what are we doing here
We should be home
She wasn’t drunk enough so I bought her a gin
I knew the time was right when I saw that grin
And I’ve scored

A  A/B

Break
D, A, E, A  /  D, E, A
D      A           E                            A      D       E            A
Too drunk to know what you’re doing, she’s too drunk to care   X2

I got her in my car and I took her to my home
I knew that we were going to be all alone
But did she
We were lying in bed after we had some fun
She was fast asleep, should I have done what I done
It was fun
When she awakes in the morning will she remember me
Will she say she had a good time? We’ll have to wait and see.

Too drunk to know what you’re doing, she’s too drunk to care

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: too drunk to care

Hi UYK,

I recently had a conversation with some young people! between !9/23 years!

They tell me they now have Sex buddies?. If there not in relationships, they have these friends, to fulfill whatever!   
Most said " Its better then just ending up with someone you dont know? when hammered"?
This whole scene is totally alien to me! So i gather this is just sex with them!
Why or how would anyone want this for themselves? What ever happened to self respect?
My old fashioned idea is this act should be remembered and totally enjoyed by 2 people!
So i have come to the conclusion this is lust and not a trace of love as i would have known! Just my thoughts!
I can see the point your trying to make!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

sex buddies? free love???
And where exactly are you again? lol, ( dont tell my wife,lol)

Cheers old doll

Ken

Yeah a lot of young people have f___ buddies as we like to call them. I should know as a college kid, even though I don't cause I've been in a very happy relationship for some time. Old Doll people are becoming much more, promiscuous (sp?). It's kind of like the late 60s and early 70s, but with shitty music

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

etc_04 wrote:

It's kind of like the late 60s and early 70s, but with shitty music

Hilarious! I agree 100% big_smile

Hi Ken,

A thought provoking song and very true. A lot of youngsters think it is the thing to do to get too drunk to know what they are doing, and they seem to have no regrets later.

Believe it or not, although I am 60, an inebriated 17 year old young lady wanted to spend the night with me not so long ago. I have grandchildren the same age so I got a friend to contact her guardian and come and collect her to make sure she got safely home.

If I am with a lady I like to enjoy and remember every second of her company and I would hope that she would feel the same.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

etc_04 wrote:

Yeah a lot of young people have f___ buddies as we like to call them. I should know as a college kid, even though I don't cause I've been in a very happy relationship for some time. Old Doll people are becoming much more, promiscuous (sp?). It's kind of like the late 60s and early 70s, but with shitty music

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

It's kind of like the late 60s and early 70s, but with shitty music

At least back then we were on the front lines of the sexual revolution - we were out to change the world one orgasm at a time!

Great song, Ken!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

lol
Good one James,

and thanks james,Roger and Jason.

I just rewrote a song I done when I was 19 or 20. The very first song I had written lyrics too. Before I played the guitar!! My mates wee brother done the chords then.

But now I lost the original lyrics and cannot remember what chords they were, but I have rewrote it and the lyrics if not the same are very close. and I think I managed to get the chords correct unless I sing in a different key now,lol.

I will post it on very soon.

Ken