Topic: does anybody know any awesome songs

i can't think of anything new to play, or that sounds really cool on an acoustic, can someone help me please

Re: does anybody know any awesome songs

Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, James Taylor, Jim Croce!  Very cool stuff!

Why are there some days I can barely bring myself to pick up my guitar cos I'll just play the same old stuff and it'll sound just as duff as always? Today is one of those days. Think I need to turn on the radio and see what grabs me.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Shaylynn, Al,
do what I do, steal them from others songbooks.

Go to song books and scan thru songs you know then put their songs into a book of your own.

Failing that. Start at A under artists and pick out the artists you have heard of then look for any songs and give them a go
ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi!
I always google for trobadours playlists. Many trobadours publish lists of what they perform when they do gigs. If they use the songs they are good accoustic songs.

/Missen

If you love what you do, there's no need to be good at it...

All the songs I know are awesome songs.  As pitiful as I am and as hard as it is to learn a new song, why learn one that isn't awesome? 

That said, try something new.  If you strum, try flatpicking or fingerpicking.  Take a song you know into a different style.  A country song to zydeco or a reggae song to a waltz.  Try playing a piano song.  I've been working on a version of Crocodile Rock in fingerpick style.  Trying to do rock fingerpick has been a challange but fun as can be.  The song sounds goofy, but I don't care.  I'm not listening to it, I'm learning to play it.  And learning to play it has been fun. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

7 (edited by Guitarpix 2007-08-20 19:15:47)

Song books here on Chordie are a great resource. Youtube can also be very helpfull. I like to punch in accoustic cover as a search and just browse. I use Yahoo radio allot also. You can rate the type of music you like (say mostly accoustic) and then it will start playing random songs that you may like. Great for finding new bands and music out of the main stream. Hope some of this helped.  Peace!

Don't forget to check the top 100 list here on chordie!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi - depends on what you love to play!
Can't beat KT Tunstall, Oasis, Beatles for the bedroom basics.
My latest fave play is Golden Age by Beck, followed by Half the World Away by Oasis, Miniature Disasters by KT. You can see them on youtube and tabs are allover!

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Zurf wrote:

Take a song you know into a different style. 

- Zurf

I once did a country version of Motorhead's Ace of Spades. It really fits it well. smile

You guys are the inspiration I need. After a wee browse of the songbooks I have collected a few songs which are a new challenge to me. Flatpicking and a few unfamiliar chords. Let's get going!
Cheers guys.

Try some of evenescence stuff or a group like that. It sounds rele cool on acoustic

i can't think of anything new to play, or that sounds really cool on an acoustic, can someone help me please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPUDS RULE!!!!

Try some John Denver or even some Elvis Costello. If your up for a challenge to to play something classical.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

ever think of writing your own?

All You Need is Love smile

Someone mentioned Oasis - try "Cast no shadow" from their second album . It's a very nice song and sounds great strummed with just five or six open chords.

Shane

Stephen Stills.  Check out the options on Youtube.

Now available in 5G !

If you search youtube for "acoustic guitar cover" you'll find out what youtubers are playing. Then you can search for the original on youtube and then the chords on chordie. I find that's a good way of finding new things to play - with an instant demo!

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

I have a 3 songbooks that I have on Chordie here.  Check them out!

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … ngid=14410

and

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … ngid=14515

and

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … ngid=14502

There are all different kinds of songs in these songbooks.  I'm sure you can find something you like.

Peace in.  Peace out.