1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-09-23 01:28:14)

Topic: My Song

Okay this is not just another title i made up cuz i didnt have one, this one actually ties into the song.....
I havent taken the time to work out the chord pattern yet but it has kind of climbing and rising feeling, like its building up as it goes. It should probly have a real awesome solo at the end but then i couldnt write one if i tried..... consider this a short definiton of me smile

My Song

FIRST PART

I aint never had much money

Dont count on making too much more

been times i laughed like it was funny

over things worth crying for

i dont know what happened

to my tender days

i guess i spent them well enough

that they went away

- chorus-

so call me what you want to

but this free bird cannot change

and you can push your music down my throat

but my song stays the same

(second time - 'and it goes like this', ---go into dixie anthem, and then a solo would be nice lol---

SECOND PART

Ive been told plenty what im not

And i know what most folks think i am

Ive kneeled before the saviour

and ive shook the devils hand

but ive got Jesus in my spirit

and dixie in my bones

ive got a pair of wore out ramblin' shoes

but i also have a home*

*i might change this to 'but i know where to call home'.... noy sure yet so opinions on that would be appreciated

All You Need is Love smile

Re: My Song

Hey Rebel,
Beautiful!!!  In your line that says, "Ive been told plenty what im not"   Well I am telling you what you are.........................gifted. 
Well Done.

Ray

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

3 (edited by daddycool 2007-09-24 17:25:23)

hi rebel you've already wrote the song ,so if you sing it whilst trying a few chords it'll soon transform to the lyrics ,anyway  well done...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Last rebel,

I love this song. Love to hear the melody for it.

Beautiful!. I love the way you write!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Nice song Rebel. I can tell you like Skynard with the free bird
line. I like your song and I'm sure you'll come up with chords for it. Keep at it because its good stuff.

Take Care ...Badeye.

one caper after another

awesome!! really like the line " you can push your music down my throat but my song still stays the same "  way to stick it to em' like don corleone said you are very talented.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

thanks yall for the compliments smile
Yes I think its pretty obvious im a big skynyrd fan, i hope it doesn't sound like too much of a rip-off, i cant stand it when people mention songs/artists just because they can't think of anything else to say. I did it because it just fit, not as an attempt to make my song sound cool....
anyway thanks again for the kind words, they're very encouraging

last_rebel,
Great song.
Don't change a thing.
No it don't sound like a rip-off of another song.
Can't wait to here it being played.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

last_rebel wrote:

thanks yall for the compliments smile
Yes I think its pretty obvious im a big skynyrd fan, i hope it doesn't sound like too much of a rip-off, i cant stand it when people mention songs/artists just because they can't think of anything else to say. I did it because it just fit, not as an attempt to make my song sound cool....
anyway thanks again for the kind words, they're very encouraging

No need to be harsh. You said in your first couple post's that
you were a huge fan of said group. Thats what I was refering to.I can think of all kinds of things to say.

Badeye.

one caper after another

Hey Rebel,

I like your lyrics but my guitar is screaming at me to play it. I have told her to be patient and wait for you to give us the chords.

So when are you going to let me satisfy her? lol

Nice work so far.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Last Rebel - I like it well enough that I'm not going to wait for you to put up chords.  I expect that'd be the kind thing to do, but I don't expect you're ever going to hear me play it whether right or wrong (but little would please me more).  Besides, there's a long tradition in Country music of stealing one another's songs and putting your own tune or chords to it. 

Great lyrics.  Thanks for sharing.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Very nicely said, last_rebel!  Some beautifully-turned phrases in the lyric.  I'm imagining the tune being sort of a dramatic waltz thing.  Looking forward to seeing the chords.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

well im working on it... see i sat down to write the chords and ended up writin' a whole nother song lol
but never fear they're coming soon