1 (edited by last_rebel 2008-01-21 21:42:16)

Topic: Slip Away

Yeah I'm just lazy, its the same chords on every verse and chorus as the first set, but I'll go ahead and fill 'em in for you. Srry about that...\
LR

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Slip Away

Ah Lastrebel,

GO GIRL! Thats such a good song.

Great great lyrics!

Have a good time in Jasper.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

wow i love the song!! its totally crackalakin, lol

have a good time with your cousin aye mate??

laters!!! love rhiannon xxoo big_smile

Follow your heart
It usually makes the right decisions <3

I love this song, well done!

I'm the son of rage and love

hi lastrebel a lovely song well done...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

great song

last_rebel, this is a song from an old soul!
Haunting and sweet - like it lots!  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hannah they have said it all really!
great lyrics girl!

But, lol can i say one thing? ok thanks.  lol It is not bad...honest

See in the chorus, you have  " and I" then you have in brackets   ( hold on) ?
well usually when i see words in brackets I see it as backing singers lol
so when i was reading your wee song and had this tune in my head, and I got to the chorus and sang into myself " HOLD ON" after I was singing in my head " AND I.
I thought it was going ok until I got to  (STRUM A FEW SECONDS)
lol
this made me think, surely these are not lyrics lol It never took me long until I realised that " HOLD ON" was not the actual lyrics.

Nothing wrong with your writing, you have wrote it and explained very good. It is just me lol

well done
It is good to know I can laugh at my silliness

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well I got back, and yes I had a good time, and I brought my cuz back with me til tuesday big_smile
Thanks for the compliments yall....
   James, an old soul? 17's still green man, but thanks anyway. Yall take it easy,
    LR

Hi Rebel,

Loved your song and was having great fun giving it a thrash but sadly I ran out of chords all too soon. Please, when you write a great song like this, put the chords all the way through so a doddering old fogey like me is able to complete it and enjoy it to the end.

Thank you and well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Yeah I'm just lazy, its the same chords on every verse and chorus as the first set, but I'll go ahead and fill 'em in for you. Srry about that...\
LR

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Hi Last Rebel,
Read your lyrics, my guitar was handy, so I payed it slow 4/4 time.
I like your chord progression, but added a Gsus at the end of some of the verses to give it a bit of a lilt.
Lyrics: I can relate to them. I'm sort of going through a minor mid life crisis at present. I thought that all this shit was supposed to work itself out through your system aroung the 40s. I'm 60, and it's just starting to bite.
A good song, well done.
Regards & cheers
Kiwi John

Hi Last Rebel

Didn't really notice this first time around but glad i caught it now!  Sounds great in my head but... please record and post it!  Your write such great lyrics (are you sure you're only 17 lol) I know everyone else who reads these posts feels the same way!

Thanks for sharing

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

Well thanks Rebel,

I have now been able to play "Slip Away" right through and it has made my evening. Great song. Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"