Topic: how to tune properly

hey all.

i'm a new member but i have been playing guitar for about two years. i was just wanting some tips on good ways to tune my guitar. i have tried it off the piano but it doesn"t sound quite right and i can"t use a guitar tuner.  HELP!!

:o____"SHOOT FOR THE MOON, EVEN IF YOU MISS YOU WILL LAND AMONGST THE STARS"____o:

2 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-02-10 03:18:34)

Re: how to tune properly

why cant you use a guitar tuner? but the other way requires a good ear and you still have to get a starting pitch 440 is standard a if you can locate that on a piano you tune your fifth string A to that and press down the 6th string on the 5th fret and tune it to the fifth string press down on the 5th string 5th fret and tune the 4th string to it press down on the 4th string 5th fret and tune the 3rd string to it press down on the 3rd string 4thfret and tune the 2nd string to it press down on the 2nd string 5th fret and tune the 1st string to it BUY A TUNER!!!!!make your life easier,i dont even want to suggest harmonic tunning ive confused you enough

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hey that works geat thanx! you've been a real help

:o____"SHOOT FOR THE MOON, EVEN IF YOU MISS YOU WILL LAND AMONGST THE STARS"____o:

your welcome "whatayouknow"

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hahaha cheerz.  wink