Topic: LEAD GUITAR

This page will be devoted to all members who play lead guitar please log in by posting

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Fender_strat.jpg

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: LEAD GUITAR

what this is all about is: if you play lead guitar just post an answer to this and you dont have to be a great soloist only willing to help other members with adding some guitar riffs or chords to there arrangments you can contact each other in this forum page,remember this is for original music not copy songs. I know this is all new to you but I am adding my name first russell, also included in this page are rhythm guitar players so even it you cant shred a lead as long as you can play some chords you'll be fine smile

Doug_Smith:  Acoustic, Electric  Rythm and Fingerpicking melody lines all genres.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

4 (edited by riddler 2008-09-24 00:19:06)

riddler(Randy):Rhythm
The 3 R's...lol

Thanks Randy for all your help lm looking forward to adding some more parts to your projects russel smile

Ready, willing and able to help with lead guitar if required by any Chordians smile
Ark

Ark thanks for adding your name to this list as you know all of this is new and may take a little time to catch on but I believe it will help other aspiring song writers to have there lyrics or melodies fashioned into some good songs and I appreciate you adding your talents and time to this new "idea 2" concept smile

arkady wrote:

Ready, willing and able to help with lead guitar if required by any Chordians smile
Ark

Wibble (Nathan) - Rhythm mostly but trying to re-adjust to lead - i'm a noob but willing to read through some of the advice on here

Wibble wecome aboard we are just compiling a lists for each of the instruments right now so you came in on the ground floor so to speak but we already have compleated several projects in the test phases of this recording concept and they turrned out very well to fill you in this is what you will need to add tracks, what we are useing is free music editing programs and each one of us has a offsite account with mediafire its a free service for uploading mp3's or videos for other members to download and add there parts to the songs or upload to when your finnished with it kind of like a cyber "post office" that stores files and the music editing program of choice is "Audacity" its free and easy to use and I have several video tutorials on how to get started with it on my mediafire site (the links at the bottom of my post) and there are several members who can walk you through the steps to download and start useing it including myself so again your welcome as a new member of chordie's recording network smile russell

Ah, cheers for clearing that up Russell, I think I got completely the wrong end of the stick..I think I actually ended up grabbing a stick insect rather than the intended stick which leaves me in a sticky situation...

Anyway

I thought this was kind of you guys teaching the new kids like myself a bit about playing lead via shared media - I'm completely misguided, sorry mate lol

Sounds good all the same though you guys, keep up the good work

well I can make some videos about how to play lead guitar that would be ok with me and a new challange Im glad you mentioned it so give me a day or so and i will upload a video with some basic tips on playing some licks ok? smile

Wibble wrote:

Ah, cheers for clearing that up Russell, I think I got completely the wrong end of the stick..I think I actually ended up grabbing a stick insect rather than the intended stick which leaves me in a sticky situation...

Anyway

I thought this was kind of you guys teaching the new kids like myself a bit about playing lead via shared media - I'm completely misguided, sorry mate lol

Sounds good all the same though you guys, keep up the good work

I'm in the process of becoming a lead player...I'm ok at fingerstyle acoustic stuff, and lead acoustic picking, and I'm working on my electric playing.  It seems to be a lot harder.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Its kinda like disciplined letting it all hang out that's the way I would describe it and if you have to think about what lead your gonna play next it will sound to mechanical, soloing to me is like painting a picture I close my eyes and let it fly eccept on lead solos that are arranged.

Can't wait to work with someone. Rock, punk, blues, eastern world music.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Hi I play lead guitar, so far no one has mentioned Pentatonic.
I can play along to most things, but only if I stay within the pentatonic scales.
I would be intrested in other ways to play lead.
TontBlue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Thanks tony I listed you under lead guitar is tontblue correct? or is that a typo smile

typo TonyBlue

man is the dream of the doliphin

lol thought so I will correct it smile

tony eaves wrote:

typo TonyBlue

ready to help

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel