Topic: bands versus women

You have a classic band: existing in 4 -5 people. SINGER (but active player, guitar(s), bass player and drummer.
Who is the most popular guy like boy meets girl.
In fact which member has the most impact on women? I often see that the drummer or bass player gets the most beautiful women.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: bands versus women

It's gotta be the singer/lead guitarist!!!It worked for this musician.... My wife is WAY outta my league from a physical standpoint, seriously....

Give everything but up.

HELLO SOUTH, you have a point.
If you are huge as band, WHY THE HECK are there so many woman standing there in front throwing underwear (see TOM JONES).?
MY PERSONAL THEORY = equivalent to a man, who walks with a woman at his side while everybody is looking to the women, THEY LOVE IT because they too are in the "spotlights."
I have got a few of those women and look now: I AM LIVING HERE ALL ALONE IN MY HOUSE.
My "big mistake" was, not these women but my completely messed up my personal life often using my "I have some patients" UMBRELLA. I was able to avoid disputes, by having a huge amount of patients, and calculating my "tour" so I arrived late by well known patients where my glass of whisky was ready.
I believe that the "groupie phenomenon" isn't a musician's monopoly, and for sure if I go back in time still working.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

To be fair, it tends to go down to reputation, talent and looks I think.

In the 80's you had say, Guns n Roses - Slash and Axl were getting all the women - and Bon Jovi, It was Jon and Ritchie Sambora or even Aerosmith it was Steve Tyler and Joe Perry - so usually the Frontman and lead guitarist

Now it appears to be a bit more mixed with the emergence of bands like Fall Out Boy where Lead singer/guitarist Patrick Stump is a bit chubby and Pete Bentz is the bass player and the one the ladies like

This may wander off topic but 20 years ago my band played a joint called the Dixie Club in Mobile, Alabama.
My wife told me as I joined her during our third break of the evening, that this arab guy offered her cocaine if she would go back to the ship with him. I asked her if she was going. She said she turned him down.
I was delighted to inform her that the same arab guy made the same proposition to Robbie, our male lead singer a half hour before. He told me he turned the guy down as well.
Poor old arab guy had to go back to his ship all by his onesies. sad=

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Is this one of those "Mars-Venus" questions?

Taking another tack on the question, I'll toss in this.

Face it guys we all have this "image" we project to the masses, and it does a pretty good job of defining who we are and how we relate to each other (including the opposite sex).  Musicians and the music they play requires that the facade be lowered to express the emotion of the music.  When you are making music that is meaningful to you, the sensitive side of your persona is exposed and that is the part of your personality that those ladies are interested in exploring.

It  is not what instrument you play, it is how you play the music that matters, and how much of yourself shows when you are doing it.  Bigger amps, faster cars, deeper pockets, mean nothing if you are self absorbed and shallow.

From another "average Joe" roped by the "Prom Queen";  Doug  (Oh and I was a Musician then also)

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare