Topic: "Wrapped in Happiness"

Those of you who follow the Recording section will know this, but for those who do not, I wrote the chorus for this song and asked for verses to be sent to my e-mail address. I wanted the verses to be written independantly and not following any particular theme apart from what was written in the chorus. Very soon I had four sent me so I wrote the music and and with only minor tweaking to to the verses, to keep the rhyming consistant and lyrics to fit the music, I had a song. Wanting to involve others in this I sent, again by private e-mail, each musician and vocalist I wanted to include a backing track of the music and another of the music and my vocals. This was so that everyone would have the tempo, melody and a feeling of the song I wanted to create.

I was extremely pleased at the willingness of fellow Chordie Members to participate in the project and amazed at the effort and the quality of the work that everyone put in.

The contributors to this song are:

Lyricists

Verse 1: Jeff Taylor (Topdown)
Verse 2: Jamie Moro (Smart_deedee)
verse 3: Helena Donovan (Old Doll)
Verse 4: Russell Harding
Chorus : Roger Guppy

Music  : Roger Guppy

Vocalists:

Verse 1: Roger Guppy
Verse 2: Doug Smith
Verse 3: Rachael Hodgins (Radchael1975)
Verse 4: Russell Harding
Chorus : All the above

Musicians:

Lead Guitar:             Tony Kerry (Arkady)
Keyboard:                Randy ? (Riddler)
Harmonica:              Russell Harding
Finger Picked Guitar: Doug Smith
Bass Guitar:             Scott Cornelison (Fatstrings)
12 String Rhythm:     Roger Guppy

In all 10 different people have contributed to this song and I take my hat off to all of you. I thank each and every one of you for your stirling efforts and making this project come to life.

This is the result of our endeavours and it can be heard on Friends of Chordie:
https://myspace.com/friendsofchordie/mu … 1-34006800

Wrapped in Happinessby Chordie Members

Intro:

[G][Dsus4][G][D]

Verse 1:

Through a [G]long hot [Em]summer your [C]touch is new[D]found,

And with [C]crisp fall [Em]nights and winter a[Am]head,[D]

It is [G]in your [Em]comfort with [C]which you enfold [D]me,

Like a [C]favourite [D]blanket, upon my [G]bed.[D]

Verse 2

I [G]used to be[Em]lieve that [C]things like [D]this,

Would never [C]happen to a [Em]guy like [Am]me,[D]

But [G]just when I [Em]least ex[C]pected [D]it,

You [C]came, you [D]found, and you [G]rescued me.[D]

Chorus:

[C]In the [D]still, small [G]hours of [Em]night,

When [F]darkness and [G]silence a[A]bound,[A4]

I am [C]wrapped in [D]happiness, [G]hope and [Em]joy,

As I can [C]feel your [Dsus4]presence all a[G]round.[D]

verse 3:

[G]Is my [Em]journey [C]one of the [D]heart?

Will I [C]revel in [Em]all that you [Am]planned?[D]

Will [G]all our [Em]feelings run [C]free or [D]shift,

Like a [C]timer's [D]grains of [G]sand?[D]

Instrumental:

[C][D][G][Em]

[F][G][A][A4]

[C][D][G][Em]

[C][Dsus4][G][D]

Verse 4:

[G]It [Em]is the [C]age old [D]question,

And [C]this is [Em]my re[Am]ply,[D]

[G]I will [Em]love [C]you al[D]ways,

As [C]long as [D]stars are in the [G]sky.[D]

Chorus:

[C]In the [D]still, small [G]hours of [Em]night,

When [F]darkness and [G]silence a[A]bound,[A4]

I am [C]wrapped in [D]happiness, [G]hope and [Em]joy,

As I can [C]feel your [Dsus4]presence all a[G]round.[G]

Roger

PS You will now know why I have been a bit lax lately in commenting on your songs. What with working dawn til dusk and balancing and mixing this song, I have been very short of time. Please accept my apologies.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: "Wrapped in Happiness"

great idea roger, wish i'd known about it...i could tell who wrote each verse and the recording with most of the contributors works well.

well done chordians

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Roger I know how much time and effort on your part went into making this song a reality and juggling between work and coordinating all the artist involved made this project of yours a reality and I am proud to have been part of it. Great job well done! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'd like to second what Russell has said. I too am proud to have been asked to be a part of this fantastic project..!   I sent my mum the MP3, explaining it was a worldwide effort, & she said she listened with a lil tear in her eye, hehe.  The time, effort and dedication from all involved, and ESPECIALLY Roger, is amazing..!

Well done everyone..!  big_smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

hi roger this is an amazing collaboration of musical work ,well done to all....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi everyone, Roger, you did a fantastic job on this tune. It's amazing the things you can do over the internet,,,,thank goodness Al Gore invented the internet...:lol: (for those that don't know, this is a huge joke in the states). Anyway thanks for including me in your song and hopefully more songs will come along and we can do it again.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

My part was so small, I am almost ashamed to be listed with the truly talented members involved in this collaboration. Thanks Roger and others for all of your efforts. Although I am not deserving of any praise, I do feel proud to be associated with you folks.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Phill,

Thanks. I enlisted the help from the people who had put their names in Russ's list, apart from Rachael as I wanted a female vocalist to be included and I knew she was able to record, but I will remember you for the next project I attempt. That is when my hair that I pulled out has regrown and I am released from the lunatic asylum after completeing this one. lol

Thanks Russ, Rachael, Scott and Jeff,

But it was the effort and expertise of you and the other contibutors that made this possible. I certainly learnt a lot and I am sure that your services will be called on again. No contribution can be considered small, every facet is equally important in completing the finished song and I am extremely grateful for the amount of help and effort that everyone has given so freely. Now we know it can be done I hope others will follow suit. Maybe some of the songwriters here who are unable to record their songs will consider such a project.

Thank you too Daddycool,

There was a lot of time spent balancing and mixing so many tracks, endevouring to make sure that each performer was heard, and OK perhaps had we been togther to record it would have been a little tighter, certainly much easier, but considering that no one heard anyone else's track I am amazed at how well it came out in the end.

Roger

I  enjoyed participating in this....It was groundbreaking for sure...I was amazed that there were this many people involved...LET'S DO IT AGAIN...

IM GAME ! smile

As a follow up Roger posed a suggestion in the recording forum for me to invite all the people who post songs in this forum or just compose lyrics and dont play a musicial instrument or are learning but still would like to have there ideas recorded,well the door is wide open for you and there are members signed up who are willling to offer there talents to help you get your song from just a few lyrics to a finished song and the best part is its habit forming because once you have experienced it you will want to do it again and again so dust off that old notebook with all the poems and ideas for songs and make them a reality theres no better time then now ya aint getting any younger lol so head on over to the recording section of Chordie and see what can be done smile

The Power Of Chordie smile A First

Congratulations Roger for doing an excellent job on this project. It definitely was worth the wait.
Well Done to you and a hearty pat on the back for your hard work.
Big Kudos to all involved from writing of the lyrics to jumping in on the vocals to laying down the musical tracks.
This project proves that being involved with Chordie is a very good thing.

Congrats all. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Roger for including me in your Chordie Dozen...
If you want a sorta lead for any song in the future just email..
Well Done.
Ark

Good Job Roger!

I feel like a dolt, but I'm blaming it on my medication (it makes me stoooopid!).  I posted my congrats on the Recording Forum.

As Russell has pointed out and Roger suggested in his posting on how it was done.  Amazing things can be accomplished with a little "team effort" and a stalwart "captain at the helm".  So by all means, if anyone here in the songwriting section has aspirations to put together a "virtual band" and record a tune or two.... assistance is readily available right next door in the recording forum!

Once again "goodonya" Roger for a fantastic effort, and a hearty Thank You for allowing me to participate.

Take Care; 
  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Kenny,

Of course the cake can only be as good as the ingredients you use to make it with and I had some excellent ingredients to work with. The thanks is really due to the guys and gals that contrubuted to it.

Ark,

I think you can say it is fairly certain that I will be calling on your services again smile, your help on "Angel" and this song was invaluable.

Doug,

I was pleasantly surprised with your bass vocals having never heard you sing before I am confident that your services will be called on again too. What we need though is 'volunteer record producers' who are willing willing to work closely with songwriters who are unable to record to make their songs come to life the way that they want them to sound. But that is a topic for the Recording section and not here.

I have to say that I feel rather guilty accepting thanks from those of you who participated as the thanks are really yours and not mine.

Roger

Big Congratulations all round to each and everyone.

Arkady!  How  beautiful your guitar playing is. I love the flow of it through this song.

Blue Peter Badges for all who participated.   

Rachael, Well done Girl.

Doug, your voice is low and Husky. Lovely quality Sir.

So very well done again to all.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Great job Chordians! Your hard work and togetherness really showed in this fine piece of music. You all should feel proud of yourselves.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

awesome,you guys!! Im so happy to see the people on chordie are still cranking them out, just wish i had the capability of listening to it on this old dilapadated computer of mine.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Thankyou Lena... I hope i did your lovely lyrics some justice,  smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100