Topic: I'm Sure it's the Drink.

A very simple song - think Pogues or Dubliners.

For those that don't know, poteen ( pronounced "potcheen" ) is illicitly distilled irish whiskey.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Re: I'm Sure it's the Drink.

Catchy tune you have there, I tried it a couple times, I like it.

well done... Badeye.. cool

one caper after another

Alan I enjoyed these lyrics some funny lines and theres truth in them,well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi alan why do people put themselves in a state of stuma ,i've often seen my lads flat out on the floor in their own vommit,if they drank sensibly they'ed enjoy it more,i lve guinness i only have two or three and i've had enough,great topic,swell song.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Great song alan! Really enjoyed it. Please keep them coming.

A genuinely humorous outlook on a lot of sobering and funny situations that I know I found myself in a few times. lol(Except for the 3rd verse) It plays like it would be a good campfire song.

Thanks
Kenny smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks for the comments.

I'd looked at what I'd been writing lately and thought "It's all getting very serious." So this was the remedy !

8 (edited by alansheeran 2009-02-13 00:15:06)

Daddycool,

Don't know how you can drink that black stuff ( which is difficult for an Irishman to admit !).

I know what you mean. I've watched young-uns do the same. I've had to clean up after them and no-one has said nothing the next day. I just hope that they learn, like I learned - that Bushmills and beer complement each other only when you're drinking a pint of water for every pint. And may you too, sir,  . . . stay cool - go easy, step lightly, stay free . . .

Hi Alan,

A fun song but also a warning. A drink or two is OK but too much and we do do embarrassing things that we regret later. Well done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"