Topic: lillte help here

hi
could you please tell me a good guitar tuner brand thanks...

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

Re: lillte help here

Howdy Guitarrock,

There are lots of good brands out there, and I would say that Korg seems popular.  However something like the Sabine might be more versatile as it is easily calibrated for alternate tunings.  Not too many $$ as that goes here in the States, check out the specs at:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … sku=211023

Good Hunting!
Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by KajiMa 2009-04-26 13:07:01)

The Behringer TU300 is like your typical Stomp Box (think Boss). It will take electric or contact Mic in. Has Chromatic, Guitar and Bass modes as well as Sharp, Flat and Double Flat.

It cost me £12 a year ago but has gone up to about twice that.

You can leave it chained in to your stage rig and tune silently or have the audience hear it, your choice.

It is the quickest easiest tuning I have ever done!!!

http://www.behringer.com/EN/images/products/TU300_P0594_Right_web.jpg

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

For around the house I use a Korg Ca-30 (about $20) It's a good accurate tuner that covers the full scale w/ #'s and b's.
When I play out I use the tuner built into my Zoom A2.1u pedal.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

If you are using an electric guitar the the Boss TU-2 pedal works really well...easy to use, accurate, can mute so you can tune quietly, and is reasonably priced. For accoustic type instruments I have a little clip on Seiko tuner that clips to the headstock of my guitars or mandolins that works well for me. Also have an older Korg that has always worked well with acoustic and electric instruments ... it can also be recalibrated.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

6 (edited by KajiMa 2009-04-29 15:52:14)

John West makes pretty good tuner - dolphin friendly too smile

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Hey Guitarrock.

Hope you didn't mind ma joke!

Just picked up latest "Performing Musician" magazine (from the Sound on Sound stable) and it's got an article all about tuners (none dolphin friendly tho' smile ).

Do you get Performing Musician in Kiwiland? If not, drop me an E-mail!

(Seriously, the Behinger above is the best tuner out of 5 or 6 I've owned!!!)

8 (edited by aabb 2009-05-02 00:11:25)

I like the Fender PT100.  I've had mine for years. Large led display, reads easy in the daylight on stage, die cast metal housing with a sturdy stomp pedal. The response is super fast, it'll show the notes to Wildwood flower as you play it.  $44.00 or less. "Sorry it's not a PT100, it's a PT10 fully chromatic but they quit making them about 5 years ago"

Ron

I've got several tuners, the Fender is great on stage, but for acoustics I like my 25+ year old Sabine.  The new version of this tuner is the Sabine STX1100.  It's $25.00 US and dead on.  Did I mention that I've had mine for 25+ years?  That ought to tell you something. Lately, any stage pedal/processor that you buy has a built in tuner of some sort.   What you need to avoid are the tuners that only tune to standard E tuning.  Eventually, you're going to want to do the drop D thing or open tunings and your going to need a tuner that covers the chromatic scale for this.  The Sabine is awesome for this.  If you're plugged in, there are hundreds of options.

Now available in 5G !