Topic: Graduating!!

I suppose this is terribly self indulgent and rude to post.... but I graduated this year!! big_smile. I joined up on Chordie when I first started highschool and at this milestone I would just like to say that everyone here has been extremely helpful and I feel like I've grown as a player so much since I started coming here in my freshman year. Now on to adulthood!
Thanks for taking the time to read,
Hannah

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Graduating!!

congrats!! smile

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

Hoorah!  Way to go.  May you receive a truly useful and indulgent graduation gift - something like a Gretsch archtop with whammy and a full Marshall stack with tube amp, or whatever else your heart desires.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

MR. Last_Rebel, Way to go. You are now on your way from childhood to adulthood. May all roads you take in life be the right ones. You have the world waiting - make the most of it.

Nela

Good on yer, Reb! cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Well done Hannah,

And I have to say your contributions to Chordie have been invaluable, you have helped many with your replies since you became a Member. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks yall! A gretsch would be very nice.... I think I'm getting a lap top though big_smile, which is nice too

Congratulations!

Now that that's over with.... are you planning on continuing your education?.... or taking a little time off to gather yourself before deciding?  The reason I'm asking is I have one getting out next year and not sure what the thinking is in that direction for others in that age group.  I'm not one of those "pushy" parents, and I took a couple years off to settle down before going on. 

Your input here on Chordie has been valuable and appreciated, surely you will be successful in what ever you do.
So go out there and "set the world on fire"!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Last_Rebel, just came back on-line and I saw that I had typed MR instead of MS. Sorry 'bout that. Musta been typin' in a pentatonic scale.

Nela

Congrats Reb! Good luck to you in all of your future endeavors...by the way, what are your post HS plans?

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Way to Go Rebel, good luck on your future path.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Congrats reb on finishing the most important years of your life. Use what you've learned to the best of your ability and take the real world by storm. Good luck with everything.

Congrats Reb. In todays world, thats a hard thing to do

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Congrats. Do what your heart tells you and you'll never regret your decisions. Later you can look back and think "I wouldn't change a thing" and that's a great feeling. You'll get where you're going but make sure you enjoy the ride!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Make Wise decisions. You'll be surprised how fast time flies!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Congratulations.  You've passed your first hurdle to adulthood.  There are many more to come.  Take care and the best of luck to you.  Learn all you can about what makes people tick, be kind to everyone, help out when you can and you will make it fine.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congrat Hannah smile  Life is just beginning ... work hard and play just as hard

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Hey, Hannah. Rude? Nah! Self indulgent? Who cares? What you should be is proud. There is a saying in the UK that your school days are the best days off your life. Maybe that's debatable. What is certain is that you have succeeded in one of your life's major challenges. Celebrate it! I'm sure there will be a few more but enjoy this triumph for now. Getting through highschool is hard enough but you also have to do it at one of the most difficult and awkward stages in your life - physically, emotionally and socially. You got through it successfully; you're totally justified in being extremely proud of yourself.

Now what's next? Further education? Employment? .....   lol ... and when's the party?!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Congrats to you hannah. and as said it is not a rude post, it is something to shout about and say HEY EVERYONE  I HAVE DONE IT.
and well done

all the best for your future

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I'm going to work for a while, save up some money hopefully, and just figure out what I want to do. Id hate to jump into college and get in a bunch of debt when I'm not really sure what I want to do for my career yet. I like working with kids, so thats something to work with I guess. Its always struck me as odd that society expects us stupid teenagers/young adults to know right now what we want to do for the remaining 3/4s of our lives tongue

21 (edited by geoaguiar 2009-05-27 17:11:07)

last_rebel wrote:

I'm going to work for a while, save up some money hopefully, and just figure out what I want to do. Id hate to jump into college and get in a bunch of debt when I'm not really sure what I want to do for my career yet. I like working with kids, so thats something to work with I guess. Its always struck me as odd that society expects us stupid teenagers/young adults to know right now what we want to do for the remaining 3/4s of our lives tongue

Excellent plan!!! Find out what you want to do. Speaking from experience I did what I wanted to do at 18 and found out by 30 it wasn't what I wanted to do. Keep an open mind

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

All that has been said above and a lot more.

May life be good to you.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."