Re: How long have you been playing? Male or Female & Country U R from..lol

I am 40yro from down under have been playing guitar for about 8 years solid ((previously picked up the G tar when in my teens )) .- play in a band - rhythm  guitar, do all sorts of acoustic songs at parties etc. Just  love the guitar and singing, beats the day job - Love all sorts of pop and rock and grunge and blues and anything that sounds descent.
Live for music ..yeah..umm..I guess thats it.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

I´m 48 years from Germany I play guitar since 35 years. My first guitar was a 12 string acoustic from Ibanez.

st800

Let

Hi...56 year old guy from North Texas, USA...started playing at around 6 or 7...mostly self-taught...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

29 (edited by joy123 2009-06-04 17:03:31)

hi , i am 46 years old, female, from beautiful nova scotia, i am self taught and started about a year and half ago,  i have a yamaha 410 or something like that and just bought a new simon and patrick,  i love love love guitar and singing,  and alcohol helps for playing and for people listening, hahahahaha,  its all good and fun

30 (edited by vxndreams 2009-06-05 17:19:11)

Joy 123 wrote;hi , i am 46 years old, female, from beautiful nova scotia, i am self taught and started about a year and half ago,  i have a yamaha 410 or something like that and just bought a new simon and patrick,  i love love love guitar and singing,  and alcohol helps for playing and for people listening, hahahahaha,  its all good and fun
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Too funny I am 47, female, from beautiful New Brunswick...hahaha self taught too. I almost have in 4 years now....and I love it too, my friends and I have a blast every weekend...and yes as you say alcohol helps for sure....hahahahaha you would fit right in with us smile. love it, love it, love it!
PS: I have 5 guitars now....can one ever have enough? lol I think NOT!

Hmm there are a few of us from east coast canada, Right on.

I'm from Halifax NS, living in Calgary. i'm self taught for about 8  months or so and i play on my first ever guitar a crafter d/6

Gtrsct in USA.                I've been at it for 42 years now.  It is the center of my day, everyday!

Gtrsct

I am a 55 year old female from England and have been teaching myself for about 9 years. I love picking and learning new patterns( Roger Guppy has helped). I have just come back from doing route 66 and met a great guitarist in Oklahoma.

Started on tuba in high school. My new wife bought me a guitar when we were in our early 20's. I added trumpet and trombone when I started playing rock and jazz. I was a barroom band leader for 24 years and a postman for 21.
I'm semi-retired now and still looking for trouble.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

35 (edited by Headcase 2009-06-07 11:20:24)

Hi, I'm 63 and from Northern Ireland, (Belfast) I can read Music and have a good grasp of

Music Theory, although I learned on another Instrument, started playing the Guitar about

Two years ago'ish, not easy to transfere from one Instrument to another, but it is coming

along.

And I enjoy it very much and now have the time to get lots of practace in. This is a great site

everyone is always trying to help if they can, I have learned a lot here. As for the fingers,

it's just a matter of time, even people playing for years get sore fingers if they play too long.

And it's never too late to learn anything new?

Oh, and by the way, Welcome To Chordie.

Luck nad health to all!!!!

Hi All. I'm soon to be 55 from Canada and have been playing on and off (more off) for the past 40 years.  Thanks to Chordie it's been more on, but I'm still struggling to get and keep the passion going. Lots of great people here to help along the way,Big Thanks to all and welcome to all the new members.

Kenny smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

60 years ago i was born and in grand rapids michigan started playing at the guitar at 16 could always play some old 3 chord song thought i was good  but 4 years ago iwent to nashville and the guy scrubbing bugs off my car at the car wash blew me away could he play could not find work to many better players out there i started to learn to play in the past 4 years i have devoted every free minute to my guitar and in mich i'm making money not much but some i have decided to keep it fun takes off the pressure makes me smile more but i will keep learning i told my better half to put me in a nursing home with my guitar i am all set!!!!
sooo what is this all about???
keep it fun but never give it up
(try dots of super glue on the ends of yopur fingers, but don't grab your guitar to quick :<D)
randy

always pickin someting

I'm a 16 year old female and have been playing the guitar for just over 4 years now.
I am self taught and receive guitar lessons.
=]

Hi All. Male, 53 years young and on Vancouver Island, Canada.  Been playing for 41 years and learning all the time.

Male, 35 yrs old Sunny Arizona USA. Been actually learning to play for going on 2 weeks now.

hello Everyone,

I am 36 male from Indianapolis Indiana, USA, and have been playing for about 6 days now. Always wanted to learn how to play so now I am going to. I am teaching myself so I have a long road ahead of me. Any suggestion on where to start would be nice. Any "easy" songs on here to learn? Cheer ya'll!

Lots of new posters here. That's great! Welcome to Chordie.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have on the appropriate forum. Lots of good folks here are happy to offer great advice. I and many others have used and suggested the following site for a great beginners course. Justin is fantastic.

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-B … Course.php

Pay it forward.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Topdown and sorry for posting my question in the wrong forum... glad to be aboard!

48 yr old female from Indianapolis, IN.
I've been teaching myself for 1.5 yrs.
I LOVE guitar,,,wish I'd known that years ago, but it's never too late.
My present hurdle is learning to finger barre chords cleanly and transition smoothly.
Arrrrgh,,,,(I can do this),,,lol,,,,must stay positive,,,,

47 - male - Colorado, "in the shadow of Pikes Peak"

Got my first guitar at about 14 and took some lessons from a very good jazz and blues style player - cut my teeth on blues!  I kind of lost interest for several years through my late 20's into my 30's - never stopped playing, really, just stopped progressing.  Got a bit more serious after a while and a few years ago bought a beautiful new all solid concert cutaway and also found Chordie!  Playing is fun again!  My playing has progressed more over the past 3 - 5 years than any stretch of time prior.  I credit this website with much of the inspiration - and some great laughs and lessons from the frequentors as well as the newbies.

Thanks to all!!  (yes, it's true: the barre chords WILL come)

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <

Hi!  Female, 32, NY USA ... My dad always played, and I always thought I'd like to learn... but just the other day I saw my dad just couldn't keep it going with elbow/back problems ... so I finally picked up the guitar on a mission to finally learn just the other day.  I'm pleased that folks in this forum are so welcoming, friendly, and there's a genuine comradarie even to the newbies (and no holier than thou tudes)!  Thanks!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

g'day johnno 35yrs from down under.

started out with my son wanting to learn. so you know the old story we got the guitar and  It lasted about a week and that was it for him. so i thought why not give it ago. i've  been teaching myself for about 3months now and love it. don't know why i didn't start as a young whipper snapper.
      all the best

37 years young, playing 8 months, male, from Wales - the land of song! haha

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

53 yr old newbie, playing for just under 2 yrs. I wont be posting a how to video on youtube anytime soon but I love pickin up the axe and givin her a work out. Barre Chords??? I cant play no stinking barre chords!!! Oh yeah, Ontario here.

" Its much to late to do anything about rock and roll now" Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead

44 years old here. New Zealand. Been playing for about 10 years. Just started banjo about 12 months ago and am learning keyboard. Finally took the leap to learn to read music. I wish I had done it years ago. I learnt to play guitar from DVDs. A guy called Justin Moss who runs fingers of fire guitar school in Hamilton New Zealand puts out double DVD sets with about 6 hours of tutition for about $30 a set. .  I play most nights for 1 - 2 hours absolutely addicted.  Who needs a TV. lol