Topic: New Guild Guitar?

Hey guys,

I've been planning for a little while to purchase a new high(er) end acoustic electric, and I've been looking at Guilds. My friend has a sweet one, and I've played some I like. I don't want to spend over ... maybe $900, preferable a bit less. Anyone here own one and have anything to say about them? Recommendations? I went shopping the other day, but the only one that touched my fancy was like 13 hundred..... bit much for me and my 15 yr old assets....
Anyother brand recommendations are appreciated too!

thanks!

2 (edited by NELA 2009-07-06 13:03:22)

Re: New Guild Guitar?

Linusguitar, I'm a little bit unclear as to if you are 15 years old or are your assets are 15 years old. Either way you can get a mighty fine guitar for the amount you mentioned. Not familar with the Guild guitars but just like any other major brands there are good'uns and bad'uns just waiting to be sold. Take your time and get as many guitars as possible in your hands. Figure out your style and where you want to go with your guitar and buy one that meets these needs. Keep in mind that just because a friend has a certain make / model and really likes it that doesn't make it right for you. Pick out the guitar that fits your needs, is within your budget and is what you want and you will be more satisfied in your well spent dollars.

Nela

Guilds are sweet! Taylors are even sweeter. I think guilds are cheaper, though still a heck of a guitar

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I'm fifteen.... haha sorry that was unclear.
Yep right now I'm just kinda lookin around. I played one guitar I really like, but when I came back to the store it was sold.... tongue

Yeah but I've played my friends guitar, and it suits my style perfectly. I like played Trace bundy/Andy Mckee type stuff, and then just some strumming with groups.

I was thinkin about playing some taylors... I should. Haven't really checked them out.
Thanks guys!

5 (edited by patrickjacques 2009-07-13 01:59:55)

I played a Guild F 50 for around 20 some years, until an angry x girlfriend kicked a hole in it. Anyway I have nothing to say but geat things about Guild guitars. I would recomend them to anyone.

what a long strange trip it's been

patrickjacques wrote:

I played a Guild F 50 for around 20 some years, until an angry x girlfriend kicked a hole in it. Anyway I have nothing to say but geat things about Guild gitars. I would recomend them to anyone.

I know that all to well, an ex tossed mine off a deck.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Hi ,
   I've always been a Guild fan ... I now have three in my small collection ... A '65 F-30 , a '97 F-30 and a '99 F-65ce ... Paid a lot of money for the F-65 and after playing it for a few months , I was never happy with the tone so it does'nt get played much ... Now days when I play out I use the '97 F-30 that I installed a fishman under saddle pickup in for the accoustic stuff and my korean made 335 copy ... Those two guitars do pretty much anything I need ....
                   Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I have a D-40 c (cutaway) that I have had since like '78 or so..and I also have a Taylor 810 and a couple other box's and I must say I always go back to my first love.... that Guild... It's beat up from being young and wild and wearing belt buckles and letting my crazy budddies bang on it...but man o man does that box sound good... gets sweeter every year. And Geez it's a heavy built guitar... Mine is a tobacco sunburst and I LOVE IT!
Russ

I haven't played with Guilds too many times, but I know they are good guitars in general. My number 1 rule though, when purchasing a new guitar, is to TRY IT. smile So if you are set on a Guild, go to the store and try a few, rather than ordering it online or something like. Try a few other brands too, you never know. Taylors and Martins are great guitars as well. smile

-Mario