Topic: Beatbox and guitar

Hi everyone, just got new beatbox to match with my daughters guitar, can anyone suggest me what are the best musics that we can play both guitar and beatbox?

thank you

Re: Beatbox and guitar

Hi Lino, and Welcome to Chordie!

If you have been hanging around here awhile you already know that this is the largest guitar site on the planet, and a good place to come to for all your musical questions.  Wish I had a good answer for you at this time, but I'm sure that another Chordian will chime in shortly with some kind of recommendation.  I'm a little puzzled about what a beatbox is?  I'm picturing something like a drum synthesizer similar to the Aleysis, but am unsure.

Most times when I hear requests for music recommendations I tend to suggest trying what ever tunes you personally like as tastes vary from place to place and generation to generation.  Whatever you choose to try doesn't have to sound exactly like the recordings, as it is something special to sit down and make music fit your mood and interpretation.... especially when it is with one of your children.

Again Welcome to Chordie! and have fun you two!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hey Lino Pangilinan (and daughter) and welcome to Chordie! cool

For two instruments to play together and sound interesting/complex/involved there are two secrets 1: play different things (e.g. if it were two guitars, a simples way would be to have one guitar playing open chords and the other playing barre chords.)

2: Don't play at the same time e.g if one instrument is playing on the on-beat, have the other play on the off-beat. This works exceptionally well with two different sounds like guitar and bass or piano and cello or guitar and beat box!

I'm a little bit at a loss as to what to suggest, as Doug was above, (hey Doug!) because I'm not 100% sure of what you mean by beat box; is it a portable stereo that plays CDs/Tapes/MP3s or is it a drum machine with or without bass facilities?

If it's the latter, a lot of old Rock 'n' Roll works well. Summertime Blues is simples as it's F, Bb and C (can move it to G, C and D if the F and Bb are too hard) C'mon Everybody E, A & B.

The great thing about the above 2 is that there are plenty of places where the guitar stops leaving only Vox and Drums - keeps it interesting/involving.

Hope this helps, if not get back with more info and details and someone will have the answer that's right for YOU.

Great to have you aboard and don't be afraid to jump in! smile

Chons da! cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

4 (edited by mrjay 2009-08-26 18:53:59)

Hi Lino,

Did you mean beatbox as in making percussion sounds with your mouth?

If so, the best kind of music that first comes to mind is R&B and Soul. But, I think you can go beyond that and try to apply it to different styles.

I found a good example of this on youtube a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMZhic6 … re=related

(Skip to 1:30 because these two talk a lot in the beginning =/)