Topic: Ive lost my man to Chordie

since i have been a member of Chordie my wife thinks there are three people in our relationship, me and us. Are there any members who have had the same commitment issues.

ps. she loves me so i'll be allright

cheers  sinkybhoy

Re: Ive lost my man to Chordie

i forgot to write "her" in the middle of me and us, sorry,had a few beers.

cheers

sinkybhoy

Thats pretty good Sink, I like that. I'm sure you guys make a great couple, so tell your wife we all said hello from Chordie, and keep her involved, I always read the posts to my Wife she really enjoys them, gets a big kick out of Zurf's comments on the B- Chord especially,Topdowns post, among many others, it's fun to share things with the better half...Shhhh...it's helps you to get more guitar stuff. .....Shhhhh

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Secret to a lifelong marriage:
If you write or sing a song make it about her.
Name your boat after her.
Name your guitar after her.
Don't give your dog her name.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Great advice Toots! I now know why I'm no longer married............ come here Betsy....now sit......

Our intuitions serve us well

6 (edited by Doug_Smith 2010-03-29 02:54:54)

Sage advice there Toots!

Papaguitar, "sit stay..." LMAO.  You didn't did ya?

It is best to include the other half in social activities such as Chordie, it didn't take too long for mine to get to know some of you vicariously, and she does ask how you all are doing from time to time.  Just another extension of the family.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Secret to a lifelong marriage:
If you write or sing a song make it about her.
Name your boat after her.
Name your guitar after her.
Don't give your dog her name.
toots

I recently saw a picture somewhere of a boat that the wife wanted named after her. He named it "UGLY ANNE".

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hi ya Doug,   no I didn't--- just kiddin!! Must be one of those days sittin in the house looking at
                       all the rain. Please let your better half know I'm just joking. Mine has a good sense
                       of humor thankfully she puts up with mine.   Take care,    Mike

Copy that Mike.

Naturally as all good husbands do, we have to relate the interesting conversations to our significant others.  In doing so, Janet has suggested that we open a sub-catagory of membership for "us non-playing associates"....  not too sure how that would work out, and I'm really not too sure I'd enjoy having some "truths" about me bantered about the community.   Not that I was planning on running for public office anyway, although my record is "stellar" in comparison to some that already hold such positions.

But I'm sure I'd no objection to her having her own persona here..... her instrument of choice is made of brass and for the life of me I've yet to find any way to string the darn thing!  Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to string and tune a trombone?

Thanks & Take Care;
Doug

Hey Doug tell Janet that "non-playing associates" are more than welcome to join and use the 'Chat Corner' to tell the hidden truths lol. Don't forget we already have a tuba tooter so why not a trombonist in our ranks?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

My wife loves dogs and spends more time on Dogster than I do on Chordie, so I'm good. lol. She loves you, your good. Get her a guitar and a chordie name, It'll be good.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Hey Badeye, maybe my other half and yours have been posting on the same sites? Mine is so unbelievably
                     into dogs and thru netwoking finding homes for the homeless ones. She is on facebook mostly.
                     Hey.... how about this for Dougs' wifes Chordie name: Janet_Smith....? lol   Brass instuments
                     are a-ok with me. Played trumpet in H.S.             Mike

"You never spend any time with me"

I'm sure we've all heard it.

My reply is usually, "Sure I do, you just never notice me when you're watching Strictly Come Dancing or Dancing on chuffin Ice!"

I know what I'd rather be doing.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

They usually only bring it up when they are mad about something else.  "All you ever do is read, play guitar and get on the computer.  I usually get on these things a few minutes at a time throughout the day.  I try to keep it short.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Ha ha ha ha ha... It's not just a "woman" thing... I think it's a spouse thing in general.  My husband knows of a few of the names here on Chordie too as I share a lot.  Computers and the internet are not his "thing"... so he doesn't come here much but to look up some songs occasionally.  Sometimes I get talking about stuff and have to remember that he doesn't "get" the whole "online friends" thing.  He especially doesn't get that we sometimes chat about things that have nothing to do with guitars... "I thought that was a guitar site?" .... ahhhh... The people of Chordie make it so much more!  This is my favorite place to visit with my coffee first thing in the morning (and a few times a day) ... but then, I don't get out much! ha ha ha!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good thought Mike.... but I can assure you that she wouldn't use that name.  When we "hitched" up she wasn't all that sure she'd keep me around, so she kept her other last name and just tacked mine on as an appendage.  She's not too happy that I shared her trombone info with the world, "you didn't.... there are not that many lady trombone players out there.".  To which my response was "maybe it's because not everybody has the lungs for it" (a thinly veiled compliment to an over forty mother of three)  didn't get any points for that either.... go figure.

I'm with you Alvee.  When "Dancing with the Self Absorbed" comes on, it's my cue to retire to the music room and work on my chops.  Never could get the hang of dancing, was always the guy making the music, not swingin' to it.

Keep laughin', it's good for ya!

For a good chuckle, check out a fellow named Gabriel Iglasias on Youtube..... "Im not fat, I'm fluffy"  funniest I've seen since Tommy Tiernan and suitable for most audiences (clean language).

Take Care;
Doug

hey mekidsmom, sorry about the sexist comment but as you know i had a few beers. My wife ( she is called Eileen by the way) has since looked at Chordie and the forum( using my password of course ) and she thinks its a great site.  Eileen says hello to all at Chordie but she is a designer so her her mind is constantly on the go. This is not a bad thing  as i get more me time.(more Chordie)

cheers

sinkybhoy

papaguitar wrote:

Hey Badeye, maybe my other half and yours have been posting on the same sites? Mine is so unbelievably
                     into dogs and thru netwoking finding homes for the homeless ones. She is on facebook mostly.
                     Hey.... how about this for Dougs' wifes Chordie name: Janet_Smith....? lol   Brass instuments
                     are a-ok with me. Played trumpet in H.S.             Mike

They may run in the same cyber pack, lol, her dog on Dogster is Eve, the white boxer.

take care   ,, badeye     cool

one caper after another

sinkybhoy wrote:

hey mekidsmom, sorry about the sexist comment but as you know i had a few beers. My wife ( she is called Eileen by the way) has since looked at Chordie and the forum( using my password of course ) and she thinks its a great site.  Eileen says hello to all at Chordie but she is a designer so her her mind is constantly on the go. This is not a bad thing  as i get more me time.(more Chordie)

cheers

sinkybhoy

Ha ha... no problem Sinkybhoy!  I remind myself all the time that I'm hanging out with the "boys" when I'm here!  LOL!  I just thought I'd mention that you guys aren't alone!  He'd rather watch tv while I'd rather visit my friends on Chordie or pick up my guitar!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.