Topic: Which one are you?

A study of more than 36,000 people from around the world concluded that musical tastes and personality type were closely related.

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh in the UK suggested classical music fans were shy, while heavy metal fans were gentle and at ease with themselves.

Fans of Indie music had low self-esteem and were not hard working, fans of Rap music had high self-esteem and were outgoing. Country & Western fans were hardworking and outgoing, Reggae fans were creative but not hardworking, and fans of chart pop had high self-esteem, were not creative, but where hardworking and outgoing.

From www.thisdayinmusic.com

Which one are you?

Re: Which one are you?

I love a kinds of music, "notes are notes" - Fats Waller

Hard working, outgoing and Country

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I must be the confused type....  there's not much out there that I cannot appreciate in some aspect.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Looks like me n bensonp are on the same team.

Nela

guess I am with doug, What happend to blues,jazz and oldies.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

bone idle indie fan unfortunately!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Interesting analysis, though of course you can't really classify all music into one genre. And you can't classify people into one genre either. Gneralisations can be very useful once you know their limitations.

You know this guy has been paid a lot of money to carry out this study and obviously had to come up with some statistics to justify his funding.  Oddly, and a at much lower cost, we could have helped him enormously by proving that musicians (at least the ones on here) are funny, generous with their help and a little bit crazy in some cases and that is in spite of their musical taste.  By the way I am a lot country and a little bit Indie.  Does that mean I spend a lot of time at work but do very little when I am there?

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

dino48 wrote:

guess I am with doug, What happend to blues,jazz and oldies.

Ditto!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg