Topic: new member to chordie

I am not exactly sure how to use my song book. Am i missing something about how to shape my songbook?

Re: new member to chordie

Hi ricktheplumber
Welcome to Chordie.
I'm not to sure what your asking here could you explain your question a little better.

BUT if your thinking of spamming later then don't because you will be BANNED!
ark

I was wondering can i keep making diffirent songbooks for different songs like one songbook of country and another songbook with rock & roll? I would never think of spamming as i have been playing for 30 years now and my memory bank of songs in my head are slowly getting smaller and i love to have the song in front of me while i play.
Thanks for the reply

Hey Rick and welcome to Chordie. You can make as many different songbooks as you want. I've got several different ones myself. Just title or number them to keep track of different ones. Glad you're not a spammer but someone using this for what it's intended for. Later

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

You should be able to go to my sonkbook and make several books and name them what you want and add songs to each one.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

ricktheplumber wrote:

I was wondering can i keep making diffirent songbooks for different songs like one songbook of country and another songbook with rock & roll? I would never think of spamming as i have been playing for 30 years now and my memory bank of songs in my head are slowly getting smaller and i love to have the song in front of me while i play.
Thanks for the reply

Hi rick
Hope your not offended by my reply. We try to keep Chordie as free as possible from Spam posts and as your 1st post was some what vague I thought there could be a potenial spammer at work. Glad I was wrong..
As to your question I think it has been answered by benson and bswyers.
I'm a long time player myself so I empathise with the memory thing or lack of smile
Enjoy the forums
ark

Thanks to all who responded. This is a great site. i watched the little clip on fingerpicking and thought heck i have been doing that for years. I love to pick and i have gotten to where i can use my thumb and all four fingers. I bought my first guitar in 1977. It is an ovation. I have got over 30 years out of her and i just retired her. She still keeps a great tune just though she deserved a place on my wall. I travel a lot and she was always with me. Thanks again for the coments.  Rick

Hi ricktheplummer,welcome too the site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome to Chordie Rick!  Let us know if you need any further help with the songbook... I have a feeling there's quite a few things you could teach quite a few of us!  I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks to you all for the welcome. I am glad i have found this place. I am complety self taught witch is good in most way. I have really never played in a band or for people but every now and then run in to some one on the road who plays. I have been traveling the last 16 years for work and i always have my guitar with me. I am always the guy sitting outside my Motel room picking away. I have had the same ovation for 30 years and just put her into retirement. I now am playing an Yamaha with an electric pick up. The neck is wider but i am starting to get used to it.I look forward to figuring out all the neat things on this site.

Rick

ricktheplumber, I have a Yamaha myself. I like it better than most high dollar guitars I've played. Too many sailing trips in a salty environment killed my under bridge pickup. I now just play acoustic with the Yamaha or mic it if I have to. I have a Gibson ES330 for electric gigs.
I also have an Applause (Ovation copy) acoustic for a boat guitar. With all the laminate and plastic it has stayed together for many years and holds a tune fine. I agree with you about the neck.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

My brother & sister have sail boats. i love to go out and play some Jimmy B Love a priate looks at forty.Set on my brothers 38 footer. we were anchored and the sky was so blue i sang my best pirate song ever not many people heard it but it seemed the stars all claped at the end.

it is my will, when i go my ovation is with me when he hit the pearly gates!!!
ps does the Applause have the rounded back like the ovation?
Rick

13 (edited by tubatooter1940 2012-03-24 12:39:53)

@ricktheplumber, I played an Ovation recently and I believe the neck is much the same. I don't have a problem with the neck. The plastic back is round and I'm round in front and the thing doesn't fit my corpulent body.
Last summer I was sailing my 26 footer alone on Mobile Bay on a peaceful day when a bottle nose dauphin popped his head up almost within an arms reach of me. I started singing "A Pirate Looks At Forty" and he swam right along close in. As I reached the end of the song I was afraid he would swim off so I sang the whole song again. He stayed with me until I paused after the second rendition to think of another song whereupon he sounded and I never saw him again.
Jimmy Buffet rules!
toots

P.S. I jokingly told my family to bury my tuba with me when I croak.
They told me they would incinerate me, pour my ashes down the tuba and throw the whole thing into the bay.
My only problem with that is a good playing tuba would be wasted.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

As this thread has evolved from a technical question about songbooks, to a "Welcome" thread, I am moving it to Chat.

Welcome to Chordie Rick!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Welcome to Chordie (from across the pond), Rick!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Welcome to Chordie Rick!! Are you related to Joe the Plumber? tongue

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

auxi wrote:

I remember joe the plumber, he is now running for a politacal office!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
auxi wrote:

I remember joe the plumber, he is now running for a politacal office!!!

Yeah, I heard that. House of representatives, I think. Sewer. Politics. It's all the same. (Just Kiddin'. I love my reps! smile)

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

I have always had the policy of if it come out of a new box i will install your plumbing. With that attitude i moved into supervising. Got out of house's and now running million dollar project. Thank God for my guitar, as when things get tough i will go to my room and play for a hour or two and come back with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
Rick

how do I scroll using an ipad

Welcome to chordie!

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Welcome To Chordie Rick! You'll love this site!