Topic: What Guage Strings?

Hello,

This is my first post, started playing /taking lessons in January.  One of my bucket list things to do.  Anyway I started with a Takamine Accuostic, which I am very happy with.  But I just won an auction for a MIM Strat, Nice guitar, but poorly set-up.  So now I am having it set up a my local guitar store. Just curious what weight strings people are using on their strats. Thanks

Eric

Re: What Guage Strings?

9-42s are the standard size for Strats...Fender sells the Bullet strings that supposedly works better with the Strat Tremelo but I haven't really noticed a difference...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

hi i play a tanglewood nw55 acoustic guitar.. any tips on the best strings to use what gauge ? and best brand of strings ? thanks  neil younger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Well on all my guitars (electric) I always use Roto Purples.

12, 16, 24, 32, 42, 52

Always sound pretty sweet on them. What im used to though

I have the .009 on my Strat when it was set up.   Now, after changing to the .010, I like it much better!  Better sustain in all pick-up switch settings.

toobusi wrote:

Hello,

This is my first post, started playing /taking lessons in January.  One of my bucket list things to do.  Anyway I started with a Takamine Accuostic, which I am very happy with.  But I just won an auction for a MIM Strat, Nice guitar, but poorly set-up.  So now I am having it set up a my local guitar store. Just curious what weight strings people are using on their strats. Thanks

Eric