There is a 100 song limit for a songbook and many artistes ( especially with the duplications of their songs) have many more than this so I do not think it would work.
Roger
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
There is a 100 song limit for a songbook and many artistes ( especially with the duplications of their songs) have many more than this so I do not think it would work.
Roger
Hi Jerry,
You said that you used step #5 and the preview was fine.
Did you then follow step #6 and click on the 'Save' to actually save your correction as you do not indicate in your reply that you have done so? The preview is only to check that you are happy with the changes you have made, it is not permanently changed until you save it.
Roger
Hi Jerry,
I am a little unsure from your description what is happening so let me lay down how you should edit a song and see if you can explain what is different for you.
1. Click on 'My Songbook.'
2. Open the songbook that contains the song you want to edit.
3. Click on the 'edit' to the right of the of the song title.
4. Make the corrections to the song in the unformatted 'chopro' version of the song at the top of the page.
5. Click on the 'Update preview' (in a blue box) to check that the formatted song below where you have been working is displaying the changes you want to make.
6. Click on the 'Save' (in a blue box).
7. Click on the '< < return to songbook'
The next time you look at that song it should show the corrected version.
Roger
Hi Mark,
Please write to my personal e-mail address and we can soon sort this out for you.
Roger
Talking to my friend Richard this morning, he informs me that he has ordered and is waiting for one of these:
http://www.martinguitar.com/new/item/37 … 42-15.html
Limited to just 50 being built, personally signed by C. F. Martin IV and with a price tag that would buy a new car, I am extremely jealous.... ![]()
Roger
Congratulations, I hope that you are doing your share of the night feeds and nappie (diapers in the U.S. I think) changing
.
Roger
Unusual and different looking guitar. With no weight in the body I can understand that the balance would be wrong (unless you tied a load of helium balloons to the headstock
)
Roger
I am impatient myself, hoping it is as versatile as it appears and secondly, having to pre-order for September, hoping it is not a scam. ![]()
Roger
A friend on Facebook sent me information about this device: http://www.tonewoodamp.com/
It seems very innovative and I like the idea so I have taken the plunge and pre-ordered one.
I will let you know what I think in September when it is on my own guitar.
Roger
Same as any other guitar. Remove all the strings, clean and oil the fretboard (and the bridge if it is untreated timber). Clean the body and headstock. Fit the new strings and tune up, stretch the strings and retune.
Roger
I'll wish you a cold beer on your arm and a good woman to your lips ![]()
Happy Birthday Jeff,
Roger
Nice job, and a good balance between vocals and guitar.
I love the line: "An old familiar ghost he has returned". I have a cat called Ghost who has been missing for four days. I was reading and listening to this just after I had just found her, hungry, thirsty, but safe. ![]()
Roger
Look again, please Bob,
The formatting of this song was wrong, the chords had () brackets instead of [] ones and all apostrophes were question marks. I do not know the song so I do not know if it is correct but certainly the formatting is and it looks OK now I have edited it.
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 43475.html
Roger
Well done, a definite improvement. The lead at the end is a nice touch and the balance for the solo is fine. The overall balance is better but the vocals are still too low. Your guitar is more prominent than your voice; it is a song, so the most important thing is the vocals, the guitar should be an accompaniment to your voice and at the moment it is the other way round. It is often modesty, when you are more confident with your playing than your singing, that leads to this. Don't be shy, we want to hear your voice. ![]()
Again it is much better than your first attempt.
Roger
Apart from the vocal level being a little low it is a very good recording. The other way around this is use Audacity (an enormously expensive piece of software, like FREE
) and record guitar and vocals separate you can then adjust the levels to get the balance right.
Well done,
Roger
Having been away to the arctic UK for a couple of weeks I have not had chance to listen to this before. It is a very moving song with a great performance from Phill and the images add to the atmosphere of the performance.
Well done to both songwriter and performer.
Roger
** edited to spell my own name right
**
Whilst with my daughter in Lancashire I went past a music shop, well you cannot just go past so I went in as I wanted a set of strings anyway. On looking round I came across a used Vintage 12er with a hard case that just screamed for me to save it. So I bought it.
I was playing for my lunch at a friend's in Lincoln yesterday and she took this shot, the only one I have to prove my NGD claim.

If Kim said "Yes" then congratulations, if she said "No" I will have to come and take you out for a pint. ![]()
I am sure she said "Yes" so I wish all three of you all the very best.
Roger
Well done Graham, a thought provoking song. I am so please to see you playing and singing and wishing you continued improvement.
Roger
Nylon strings are renown for stretching for ages. When I replace strings on a classical I will leave it tuned up two steps overnight i.e.: F#, B, E, A, C# and f# (I tune it normally for use during the day) and after a couple of nights I find most of the stretch has been taken out of them.
Roger
Gidday Chordie writers.
I`ve been following progress on your song.
I`ve taken up Roger on the idea of doing a cover. done it in two takes so it`s far from perfect and i`ve done it
with my limitations.
How about some more versions now i laid myself bare!
it`s on my soundcloud site for a few days.
Great stuff Brian, a completely different song, that is how is should be; your ideas and your music. I am so pleased you have taken time to do it so now let's see what someone else can do.
Roger
Hi Ark,
Friends of Chordie is still active on MySpace but I have not accessed it for ages and, when I did to put this song up, I found it was a nightmare to use so I abandoned the idea. It took me ages to find 'Wrapped in Happiness' and I gave up trying to find the others on there.
Roger
Simple,
Click on your 'Profile', click on 'Change password' under your Username and follow instructions from there.
Roger
Thanks guys for your over generous comments about my music and recording. I posted elsewhere that I had not done anything for a while, mainly because I am not good at writing lyrics, so you guys gave an ideal platform to start from.
If anyone else has a different idea of how this song should be please get writing your music, make your own arrangement and recording, I would be more than pleased to hear it. I remember several years ago James McCormick wrote a song which he, Ken (Upyerkilt) and I recorded independently and three very different songs emerged from the same chords and lyrics. So don't be shy
.
Thanks again
Roger
igwtmusic.
Two things my friend,
First. I have e-mailed you privately about your query.
Secondly. This should really have been started as a new Topic as it has nothing to do with the Fable's original question.
Take care,
Roger
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc.
if(strstr($_GET['owner'],'@')) return;?>