Excellent Ed very moving song about the hardship of life when mother nature hits. A sad story told well in song.
1,226 2020-11-19 19:53:59
Re: Song on Soundcloud - If I were The Wind (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
1,227 2020-11-19 19:49:08
Re: Hi everyone (20 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Welcome to Chordie Aradii I wish I had learnt classical when I was younger. It gives you skills to play all sorts of music.
1,228 2020-11-19 19:44:35
Re: complicated (12 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Pete, something tells me there's a story you're not telling us?
Cheers Phill
Some of my back story is like the title of your song complicated. Maree who has known me since I was 17 has seen the roller coaster ride of my life I had to break a few chains along the road to get to where I am now.. Maree surprisingly accepted me despite some of my past..
1,229 2020-11-19 02:52:14
Topic: Keep Dancing (5 replies, posted in Poems)
I wrote this a while back it felt like the right time now to put it on chordie. I would like to rewrite it but I cant figure out how to do it. Anyone want to have a go at rearranging it changing words or whatever feel free to do that. I tried to make it into a song but I couldn’t get it together. Usually I think it is sad that people who are living rough on the street who have mental health issues choose that lifestyle .It is in most cases a choice in New Zealand for addicted people.. If their weird behavior at times makes some of them happy at times it cant always be that bad??? I met this lady in a subway with her plastic glue bag as I was walking through and this I wrote on the bus soon afterwards about her talking to me. She was doing little jigs while dancing in circles around me as I walked through. At first she made me feel very uncomfortable but after a few seconds her behavior didn’t worry me. As I got to the escalator to take me up to the bus stop she asked me of my name?. I told her it is Pete she gave me her name. As I went up on the escalator I felt like someone out of the bible when she yelled up at me , “ Apotoro Pete I no longer feel mamae.” The first time in my life I have been called Apostle Pete and it felt good that she wasn’t feeling sad. It felt right that I could understand something of her by burying it in a box any judgements of her I had in my head. In a few short minutes I had put my judgemental thoughts in some imaginary deep hole not to be dug up again. Later that day as I was sitting on a bus I looked out the window there were these people sniffing glue out of plastic bags. I felt like yelling out to them throw away your glue and plastic bags and start dancing.
Keep Dancing
I was walking through the subway.
There was a crazy little lady trying to dance a jig by herself.
She looked at me, she said, “I got a few problems with mental health.”
I looked at her and I said,” lady as long as you dance you can’t be crazy”.
Keep on dancing little lady its not crazy.
If that makes you happy.
Keep on dancing little lady.
If that makes you happy.
You got to move that’s fine with me.
She said,” people in the city don’t see me when I’m dancing on the street.”
I said lady, “ they do they just don’t know how to handle you.”
“Just do what you do.”
“Your not hurting anyone.”
Keep on dancing little lady its not crazy.
If that makes you happy.
Keep on dancing little lady.
If that makes you happy.
I cant see what the problem is.
You are just doing your thing.
Its aint a sin.
Just keep dancing.
1,230 2020-11-19 02:46:25
Re: Sin city revisited again with electricity (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Grah got me foot taping and I felt like doing a bit old style rocking to that one.
1,231 2020-11-19 02:43:50
Re: complicated (12 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Phill reminds me of some of the hard vicious ladies I have met in times gone by.
1,232 2020-11-14 02:46:36
Re: Home For The Holidays (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
A powerful piece of song writing DE and nothing wrong with your recording sounded good to me.
1,233 2020-11-10 09:50:13
Re: White Noise, Silent Thunder (1 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Beamer, I guess out there in the world there are many who are feeling deranged with the crazy things going on around them?
1,234 2020-11-10 09:43:57
Re: Better Quit Now (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Good One Jets. When I have had days like that and get that I want to quit thought I hear in my head the voice of my father and grandpa who died many years ago saying you will get through this..
1,235 2020-11-10 09:28:01
Re: Purely Love You And I (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Lechyd da to you and your family Phill and diolch yn fawr iawn from Maree for yours and Ann’s birthday greetings.
Cheers Jim PG Tips put out some good funny adverts with those Chimps.
1,236 2020-11-09 05:00:30
Re: Purely Love You And I (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Cheers Phill I wrote the song for Maree’s birthday in a style she likes. For some strange reason my thoughts while writing this reply have segued over to thinking about the PG Tips tea commercial years ago with the chimpanzees carrying a piano down some stairs. It used to give me a chuckle the banter between the son and father.
Son yells to his dad “”Dad do you know the pianos on my foot”? His Dad replies, ”No son but you hum it and ill play it”
I have just said those two last lines out loud as Maree walked past me. She is now looking at me in a way that makes me think she now knows I have gone completely bonkers in my old age.
1,237 2020-11-09 04:54:40
Re: a winters morn (10 replies, posted in Poems)
[quote
you may have noticed that it's only airy-fairy in the first verse which i wrote early morning (about 10 o'clock). second and third verse arrived about twelve hours later, so they aren't so floral or Shakespearean.
as for a voice you can choose between Richard Burton or Peter Sellers, oh no you cant as they're both no longer with us... drat
Phil, I use to love hearing Peter Sellers reciting the lyrics to the Beatles Hard Days Night in a Shakespearian manner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLjA331K4YI
1,238 2020-11-08 06:43:14
Re: Purely Love You And I (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Cheers Jim in the old days playing the keys down here was called tickling the Ivories. Now days I hear the kids talk about bashing the keys when playing the keyboard. The old pianos here were also known as Joanna's. Which came from the Cockney rhyming slang for piano. Old Joanna. or some would say Aunt Joanna. .
1,239 2020-11-08 06:30:05
Re: a winters morn (10 replies, posted in Poems)
How out thou Phill. I love the way you wrote this. Well written in a ye old style. I can hear in it my head been spoken by someone with a Shakespearian type voice.
1,240 2020-11-07 09:48:14
Topic: Purely Love You And I (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Here is a song I wrote for Maree in a style she likes not my usual thing. It was good to give the Ivories a bit of a tickle on his one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfzGg3EaPg
1,241 2020-11-07 09:33:11
Re: Reckless Mind and Rebel Heart (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Great lyrics Jim reminds me of some of the wild woman I knew in my younger days who were travelling around drifting in and out of jobs different countries and towns.
1,242 2020-11-01 05:47:27
Re: A halloween song? (9 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Phill those lyrics hit the mark our Kiwi kids down here in NZ would love them in a song. I look forward to hearing you playing it .
1,243 2020-10-31 04:56:38
Re: A.E.D (4 replies, posted in Poems)
Beamer I like the way your lyrics flow without getting to complicated. I guess the lyrics are sort of a metaphor for wanting to stay in a relationship or a situation even though things aren't working out well at that time?
1,244 2020-10-31 04:46:33
Re: the painting (4 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Mojo love the way you can tell a good story in a song. I can imagine that picture through your cleverly written and performed song.
1,245 2020-10-29 03:57:26
Re: Sling Ya Hook (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Good folky tune there EB. I have heard people from time to time say Sling Ya Hook but up until now I didn't realize what it meant. One of my old work mates use to say it and I never had a clue what he meant.
1,246 2020-10-15 05:29:02
Re: Jennifer (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Ctech Interesting subtle choral backing sound on this one.
1,247 2020-10-15 05:26:07
Re: Lady you've got me going crazy (21 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Ctech I like the way you sing and play this song.
1,248 2020-10-12 08:30:38
Re: My Paying Job (4 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jeff many a muso I have known over the years could relate with what you have written.
1,249 2020-10-12 08:26:27
Re: When the darkness comes (14 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Ctech now I have heard the music music component of this song I can hear in my head someone with an Elvis type voice singing it. Excellent piece of composition.
1,250 2020-10-08 04:10:58
Re: Barney and I (8 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Ctech I love German Shepherds my mother last dog was one. It was a very faithful pet to her when he died he was mourned more so than many humans in our family. I mention to a young couple who live close by to me that their German Shepherd reminded me of Rin Tin Tin' forgetting that many people today don't know who Rin Tin Tin is. All I got in reply was a weird roll of the eyes and the comment, " who the hell is Rin Tin Tin?" I guess if I was to mention to my younger relatives who keep horses about Mr Ed the horse or Lassie the dog I would get the same reaction. Though these relatives did know about Arnold Ziffel when they use to have a pet kunekune pig most probably due to us oldies talking about Green Acres.