Topic: Teaching

Just curious, how many of you chordie members teach guitar? Even a little bit, or regularly?
What do you all think of it, and what are your styles of teaching?
I teach in a conservatory and private, and I love it.
wondering how many other there are on here, and if any of them want to share problems/ advice and stuff like that ?

Mark

Re: Teaching

I hold classes 2 days a week..... A group class of 8 on Saturdays and private lessons on Wednesdays.... I'll have to elaborate later class starts at 10 and I'm running late smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I have not talent at teaching

I've taught on and off, mostly for fun more than anything.

I currently have 12 students and all are taught individually with an occasional 'get together' of 3 or 4 for fun.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I posted an ad on the bulletin board at my son's school back in Jan. offering to teach kids. No calls yet. I think it would be fun to teach the guitar. Just waiting for something to happen.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

7 (edited by deadstring 2011-04-02 23:14:59)

I taught my 9 year old grandson the one finger version of G and C chords and 3 finger D7. Now at 11 he is showing me stuff. I have to give chordie a lot of the credit.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I teach beginner's guitar to ages ranging from 6 to 19 at the moment, I'm 17 myself. Would also teach music theory but nobody's interested in that!

Classical guitar is my passion but I seem to mostly find people interested in electric guitar or very boring generic acoustic guitar versions of their favourite Westlife songs. I'm entering one of my students for his grade 1 soon, hopefully! I like to occasionally teach people who are close friends, but they get it for free of course smile My "pupils" seem to like me.

I used to but other interests have taken most of my time smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"