Topic: Ukulele Chordchart under Resources

Long time user, first time register-er/poster.

I was wondering who I would ask about getting a chord booklet together much like the large chord chart under resources in chordie listed here http://chordie.com/chords.php

It would be pretty cool to have a drop-down menu to select which instrument you want the booklet in, much like how the songs are.

Re: Ukulele Chordchart under Resources

hi mrsaturn,

i dont know how useful this note will be; i checked out the resources page and it gives a good range of chord shapes, and the option of checking out other shapes in which to play those chords.
you could always bookmark each shape. you could print out each page [but i didnt say that!]  and that's about all i can think of unless you want to try a chord library site.   sorry that's it for me, hope i helped or at least gave you some ideas.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I meant for the ukulele.

The ones listed in resources are only for the guitar.

>>>I meant for the ukulele<<<

Yes.  I agree.  That would be a cool idea.  However, if you brought this up because you want to OBTAIN a uke chord chart (rather than CREATE it), you should know that there are several uke chord charts available on the internet.

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

Oh yeah definitely. I use http://www.ukulele.nl/chordfinder.php myself, but for the most part I do not have a definitive 'chart' that I can look at, and the ones I have found are always missing that one chord that I need so I have to look it up elsewheres.

In truth, I did mention it because I wanted to use it; but I also think that it would be a very helpful tool for others that would keep them coming back to the site, even after printing it out.

I'm not sure how much trouble it would be. Chordie already seems to keep pictures of ukulele chords. It would just be a matter of rounding them all up into a page.

I am already just making my own chord chart, to be perfectly honest. But I know that if Chordie had a ukulele chart, that I would use it. And I know others who would also use it. And it would be nice to be able to point people who are learning the ukulele (or any other stringed instrument that chordie offers to convert songs into) to the site that would allow them to print out a few pages of chords. It would be wonderfully useful.

6 (edited by ndrewoods 2012-04-30 06:40:03)

MrSaturn wrote:

Oh yeah definitely. I use http://www.ukulele.nl/chordfinder.php myself, but for the most part I do not have a definitive 'chart' that I can look at, and the ones I have found are always missing that one chord that I need so I have to look it up elsewheres.

In truth, I did mention it because I wanted to use it; but I also think that it would be a very helpful tool for others that would keep them coming back to the site, even after printing it out.

I'm not sure how much trouble it would be. Chordie already seems to keep pictures of ukulele lessons chords. It would just be a matter of rounding them all up into a page.

I am already just making my own chord chart, to be perfectly honest. But I know that if Chordie had a ukulele chart, that I would use it. And I know others who would also use it. And it would be nice to be able to point people who are learning the ukulele (or any other stringed instrument that chordie offers to convert songs into) to the site that would allow them to print out a few pages of chords. It would be wonderfully useful.

Yeah, that would be very handy. But I guess most ukulele players out there somehow memorizes the chords so that they won't have the need to look it over in the internet.

I find this site very useful when trying to find chord names and shapes. You can put in a chord name and it'll show you how to make that chord or you can put in a chord shape and get the name. It's helped me a lot....

http://ukebuddy.com/

Anyone can give me some good blues chords for the ukulele?  Am writing lyrics now.  Thanks.

I agree that it would be handy on the site to be able to open the resource page of all chords with the option of the other instruments. Especially because Chordie already has the alternate string instrument chords in the overall database as well as chord variations (shapes) which would be immeasurably helpful as a dedicated page.

This site is incredibly useful even without it... but it would be a wonderful addition.

If you are interested in knowing more of the basics, there are plenty of good lessons out there you can find – we will pick a few another time.

Even if you don’t understand the theory yet, many tunes will use these sequences of chords or chords from the same key, so it’s useful to recognise their patterns & be used to playing these progressions.

I had a spam link advertising for advertisers here, but a moderator removed it.  Now my post makes no sense.

As we're on the subject, how about a mandolin chord chart? I wonderfully and unexpectedly received a mandolin banjo this Christmas and there are relatively few resources online, especially with chords. My interests are more rock, blues, pop rather than folk, Irish (the more traditional mandolin fields) and the banjo tone lends itself well to those genres.

I know that the the chords are on here, as for the uke, from the drop-down box, and it would be so valuable to have charts for mandolins and ukes.