Topic: Guitar Fetish - "Rich Tonewood" Series

If this doesn't give you G.A.S., I don't know what will!

Guitar Fetish recently launched a new series of acoustic guitars, made from less-common tonewoods. I don't know if any Chordians have played one of these, but it's almost worth the gamble to order one. They appear to be high quality instruments, are definitely gorgeous, and the pricing is incredible:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Ric … c_685.html

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/70/78/e6/7078e6e1465cb230c3de66b86e6a7bcf.jpg?noindex=1

Re: Guitar Fetish - "Rich Tonewood" Series

Those are surprising prices.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I saw one very similar if not the same two weeks ago but the wife was with me and she's only got time for clothes shopping so no try no buy! Went to that store last week but it's gone....life is a female dog!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

TF - why do you do this to me ?  I want that zebra wood guitar soooooo bad now !!!

my wife will kill me if I buy it

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-06-22 08:40:45)

TIGLJK wrote:

TF - why do you do this to me ?  I want that zebra wood guitar soooooo bad now !!!

my wife will kill me if I buy it

My apologies, TIG  lol

That zebra wood version is the one which caught my attention also. Perhaps we'll both stay more happily married if we treat this case of G.A.S. with some Tums. I've never played a guitar with that forearm bevel, but it probably would be a bit more comfy. Truth is, I just think it looks cool.

Great find TF
This is reminiscent of the Jack and Danny guitars from a couple years ago.  Made in China, surprising quality, and crazy low price.
I had a few through the house, they all sounded great.
Hmmm... 
Nah - I've been thinning the herd lately and the C$ exchange takes a lot of the fun out of it.  But geez its hard to stay off the trigger!!
Jim

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-06-22 17:48:55)

Good point about the exchange, JGREEN ...

Just for laughs, I started an order at GFS to see how much it would be:

Guitar:    $ 329.00
Freight:  $ 135.85
===============
TOTAL:  $ 464.85 US$

When converted to CDN$, it comes off at $ 615.72 ! And this is before taxes, customs brokerage, and duties ... yikes !!! It was only a few years ago and our currencies were on par. When I ran the numbers, my finger came off the trigger in a hurry.

I dont know about this series but I can vouch for the Xavier line.  We have had one that Cade has played and I took to Chordie stock, its very good.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

I dont know about this series but I can vouch for the Xavier line.  We have had one that Cade has played and I took to Chordie stock, its very good.

Thanks, Beamer ...

I know you've mentioned these guys before (as have a few other Chordians) and everyone speaks well of them. I believe Russell Harding has "tricked out" a few of them with some of his custom mods, and also likes them. I wish our dollar values weren't so far apart ... would love to try one.

This good and useful information thanks for sharing with us.