Topic: my last post

Well if this gets to stay up without getting deleted I would just like to say goodbye to you all.
this is my last post in the forum.

I enjoyed being a part of this forum and helping when it first started and in the background I have been helping up until today.

I will still be on chordie for the songs but that is it. No more forum for me.

I hope to keep in touch wit hthe friends I have made here adn  i am sure I will on another site.

wish you all the best for your future and music and health.

take care

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: my last post

Goodbye Ken,

Take good care,    Badeye.

one caper after another

Bye.....

I'm new here for the most part, but see you're still going to keep doing music.  Cool

Gabby

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI7y9ivs5Y[/url]  lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyW2SEHfzM[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WeJjPLqyQ[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcYALHslEY[/url]

Cheers Ken, remember the words of general Douglas MacArthur  --  ''I shall return''.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Ach nonsense, big man, get yersel back in here. I'm no finished wi ye yet!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Ken,  I think freedom of speech is a wonderful thing... and I appreciate hearing your point of view on things even if I don't always agree.  I hope you will change your mind and stay for a bit more... or at least come back now and then to say hi.  If not... then I will look forward to seeing you on youtube or elsewhere in the internet world.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sometimes freedom of speech is like someone farting in an elevator all the way to the top floor they have to right to do it but it still stinks and nauseates you

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'll miss you Ken.  Enjoy yourself.  Come on back whenever you have a mind to.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ken,

I think you are being a wimp, the Unofficial King of Scotland , has been the king of lashing out and has stepped on a lot of toes . I have restrained myself from name calling and tried to be diplomatic . If your the tough SOB that you try  to make yourself out to be don't run and hide smile

Later, Wayne P

I'll also miss your statements, since I believe much the same as you.  I think you are doing the wrong thing, but hey, whatever blows your kilt up.  Good luck, whatever you decide.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Sorry to hear you are leaving Ken,

I always appreciated your directness and honesty, and we will miss Your Highness' presence in this company.

Best Wishes to ye, may the wind always be to yer back and yer flask never empty.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_9ya8G-Xw

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Hm. Have I missed something here? I must visit more often and read more of the threads.
Goodbye anyway, and take care.

Ken,

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Ken, Thanks for all of your help. I hope to again see your posts someday, whether here or somewhere else. Keep on writing.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

What can i say ?

I loved your post, your directness, bad spelling and most of all your sense of fun. I hope your just overloaded at the moment with life and need the break.
You know What UYK ! Your the second son ive lost today. My baby all of 29, 6 foot 1 tall moved the last of his possessions out today.
As the song says" I was alright for a while" Then i fell apart ,then i  tried to write it out of my system.
I will be sooooo lonesome  with  him not about, I  will  also miss your presence here son.

Love and warm hugs to you and yours.

Heres a beautiful song both for you and my son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0-cncMpt8

May  the brightness of your own lights guide you  both always.

Warm hugs.

Lena.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Ken

I too feel constrained sometimes by the sensibilities of others on here, the righteousness of the orthodox christianity, the sometimes overprotective censors etc but remember- there is no site on the net quite like chordie and it wouldn't be what it is without people like you, me and them.

Do what you feel mate! 

Cheers cool

I'm the son of rage and love

Hi Ken,

Do what you feel is right for you at this moment in time, but know that there is always a place for you here at Chordie. big_smile

As alvee33 says
"Ach nonsense, big man, get yersel back in here. I'm no finished wi ye yet!"

Cheers Mate  big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Well, this will most likely ruffle a few feathers but here goes. Will Ken (Upyerkilt) be missed by his Chordie Family? Yes. Can I do anything about his reasoning for deciding to leave this forum and change that? No. If those of us who have been around for a while will admit it, Ken has really said (typed) some things that went way overboard. Would I fault him for that? Possibly. Was he wrong for the way he responded to some posts? Could be but I'm sure he had his reasons for his responses. To me it kinda sounds like someone who has been chastised by their piers, getting mad, gathering up their toy's and going home. Ken, pull yore drawers outta your crack and get back in here with the rest of us. Regardless of whats happened, thats all in the past and we are moving forward. I will gladly welcome you back but I ain't gonna feel sorry for you.

This post is not meant to be mean spirted or a personal attack on our Chordie Brother. This is his decision and I will not support it with a lotta ooh's and aaw's. Ken knows where we are and what we stand for.

Nela

This is like the 3rd or 4th time Ken has given us his "last post,"  so I have full faith and confidence that the King will return.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

21 (edited by ozymandias 2009-12-02 20:52:51)

KAP54 wrote:

Hi Ken,

Do what you feel is right for you at this moment in time, but know that there is always a place for you here at Chordie. big_smile

As alvee33 says
"Ach nonsense, big man, get yersel back in here. I'm no finished wi ye yet!"

Cheers Mate  big_smile

Kenny

Ditto from me.  Hope to see you here, whenever you can make it.  You will be missed. 

See ya around.   I'll drink a toast to your health with a glass of GOOD Scotch! 

Peace

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

hi ken i don't like goodbyes so i'll say stay cool and see you soon,all the best BOB.

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Whoah there, what happened?  Have I missed a great big fallout?

I got bollo...sorry, 'rollocked', for swearing in a quote in context once, so I'm with you La.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

Good Lord.......I turn my back for a second (Ok, coupla months) and all hell breaks loose? Can anyone fill me in? Briefly???

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

A minor spat between a former mod and a current mod.  Both have strong opinions and both have valid opinions................but, both let their emotions made them have a slap fight in the sandbox and it is a minor blip in the Chordie universe.  No Hell breaking loose, just childishness and emoness.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg