Topic: What guitar would you recommend?

I sort of want to buy a new guitar, but I'm not sure what one would be better for quality and price. I am in need of some advice. Thankyou, people of the world.

Re: What guitar would you recommend?

Hi samdrix

The most important is a solid top.

I can truely recommend Baton Rouge. You'll get a very good guitar for not too much money. Especially the models R4x/R6x/ or higher.

I am playing BR65 Jumbo with very full and exact sound.

Are you looking for accoustic or electric? What style of music do you like to play? What guitar(s) do you have currently, and what's wrong with it? Or are you just looking for a new guitar because it's so much fun to get a new guitar?

I'm going to recommend two things that I always recommend:

First - buy an Ibanez SZ520QM. It's a double humbucker with coil tapping and it produces fantastic tones. It's extraordinarily playable and sustains forever. The mine came perfectly setup - right out of the box. The fit and finish are second to none. It's freaking beautiful. Nobody I have shown it to has been anything but blown away by it, and the more they know about guitars, the more impressed they've been.

Second - go play some guitars. That'll tell you more than all the opinions on the internet put together.

A Squire Fender Telecaster or Stratocaster are really good guitars...they are cheaper than the normal Fenders and they sound practically the same...also,if you are going to buy a guitar make sure that the strings are no less than a dime & no more than a nickle from the fretboard...peace out,person of the world.<font color="orangered"></font>

Hi....Whatever name brand guitar you buy make sure you play it in tune first....I found two guitars the same brand & make ...side by side sound a little differant so take the time to STOP..LOOK...&...LISTEN...to the sound of each.Pick the one that you think sounds best...that way you will be happy with your choice & remember the moor you play it the sweeeeeter it will sound.......lkelly

well i just got an esteban guitar it is so awesome

it comes with instructional dvds also it sounds great and the quality is unmatched if i may say so myself!

i can now out of experience say that les pauls rule

epiphones are pretty cheap to and they sound awesome

8 (edited by cytania 2007-12-31 18:52:39)

Like Jasko said go to a guitar shop and pick up any and every guitar. Can your fingers grip the neck comfortably? are the tuners easy get to? does the body sit right against your hip? does your strum naturally fall over the soundhole/scratchplate? You'll soon start to figure out what you're after. After that it's sound, price and looks.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

My two favorite guitars are my Alvares Acoustic it is affordible it plays and sounds great. As for electric I love my Gibson SG standard the strings bend so soft. Both are a pleasure to play. Just remember to have it set up the way you like to play.

staggs r awesome

I'm a man of infinity

I own 5 guitars, and I must say, I love 'em all.  I have an Alvarez PD-90 - GREAT guitar.  Paid about 600 for it new, well worth the money.  My second is also an Alvarez, but a cutaway Regent Series, RD20SC.  Nice giggin' type guitar for under 350.  I have a Fender Squire HH Strat Trans, which is a super little inexpensive electric with duncan pickups...fun guitar.  My fourth is a Valencia 3/4 Classical.  I let the grandkids play with that one....

But my PRIZE is a Fender Strat Stevie Ray Vaughn, 1996.  What a sweetheart...beautiful action, great asthetics.  I'll have it forever or til I die, whichever comes first.

Good luck, and play alot of 'em before you choose.