Congrats on the NGD zguitar! Now... a picture of the NG with it's owner is in order I think... or at least the guitar!
3,427 2010-01-05 15:15:55
Re: Red (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
ahhh... it's for piano! That makes a difference... cuz that pesky B on guitar does not like me well. How I wish I had a piano (but then, I'd have to learn how to play it too!)
3,428 2010-01-05 15:13:00
Re: Big Thanks to Wlbaye (1 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Isn't he just the best? I wish I could send him some homemade cinnamon buns or something to show my appreciation, but I don't think they'd be so good when they finally got to him! LOL! a HUGE ((HUG)) across the internet to Wayne! He's so good to us!
3,429 2010-01-05 10:57:24
Re: New SX Electric Guitars (9 replies, posted in Electric)
The only complaint I have is that the set up on my husband's guitar was all wrong. He didn't know the first thing about electrics... and just could NOT get it to sound good. Soooo... he downloaded info from Fender on "how to" set up their fat strat... and he did it! First try, he did it! So, not really a complaint (tho it would have been great if it had come all set up good from the beginning). Hey, he learned something new too. I do wish Rondo's site had info on set ups... and their website could use a little friendlier navigation. But hey... I paid for 3 day shipping and both guitars were here the very next day. I got emails all along the way for tracking info. And both boys are in love with their guitars. So really... I will not complain. Learning how to set up a guitar is a small price to pay for the excellent price on these! And like I said, it's not really a bad thing!
OH... welcome to the site Joe (I think I welcomed you elsewhere... but welcome again!)
3,430 2010-01-05 10:52:50
Re: ANOTHER BORING DISCUSSION Beach Boys versus Beatles (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Welcome to the site Axlenot! Well... I agree and disagree with you. You are totally right, no one can do it like them! It is admirable, the attempts... however... my ears didn't think so at the time of listening to the "death of the Beach Boys" in a little hick bar. Even large amounts of alcohol did NOT make these guys sound better. Had it been Karaoke I'm sure I would have appreciated the attempt more .. but these guys were getting paid to kill them! LOL! ![]()
3,431 2010-01-05 10:47:28
Re: A NICE AND GENIAL GADGET (3 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
HA! Welcome to the forum CynthiaHan! You'll find that there are wonderful people here, and everyone has their own personality for sure! As Old Doll says to your not understanding... "It's the Docs!" LOL!
Doc... I agree... in the beginning picking up a guitar, we can often scare people away because, my lord, everyone is BAD in the beginning! LOL! And now my son and husband each have electric guitars. Now personally... I prefer the acoustic sound... so PLUG THEM headphones in BOYS! After they get "gooder" they can unplug! ![]()
3,432 2010-01-05 10:41:45
Re: Hi to all ! (21 replies, posted in Electric)
Congrats on the Strat Gag! A new guitar day is a good day!
Welcome to the forum Joe!
3,433 2010-01-05 10:39:14
Re: Red (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
I REALLY like that a LOT! So... where's the music that goes with this? PLEASE tell me it's something a newbie like me can play... please oh please... I like it! LOL! If it's not too simple, well then, you are going to HAVE to record and share! ![]()
3,434 2010-01-05 10:34:31
Re: Hi (An Introduction) (24 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Bill! Although I've been a regular poster here for a few months, you actually found this site before me. So... I won't say welcome to the site, but rather welcome back! Truly, this is an awesome bunch of people. You know what? Even if you come here just to tell us a little story that doesn't relate too much to guitar, we'll be here for you. This place is like family, and I've never met a better group of "strangers"!!
I've thought over the years of what types of ailments, medical issues could be "the worst" ... and on the top of that list is blindness... although I wonder if dealing with what you are would actually be worse. I imagine depression must be a very big issue. I've seen my grandfather go thru some serious bouts of depression (even attempting suicide at 70 years old) as he began to realize that he just couldn't take care of himself and my grandma (she was a very heavy woman with severe arthritis that just could NOT do much... and in the end, liver failure caused severe dementia fast and hard... God rest her soul now). I'm glad to hear that you allow your family to help you and that you are trying to take one day at a time. Depending on others is difficult as we as people are stubborn and would rather take care of those we love than to be taken care of. We'll keep you in mind often and when ever you come back to visit us here. If you click on your user name, and then to the bottom on "show all posts" you can go back thru any conversations you've had here on the site if that helps you at all. May your good days be the absolute best... keep on listening to the music you love and singing ... and when you can ... play the day away! ((HUGS))
3,435 2010-01-05 10:14:06
Re: Picks Around the World (412 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
And again, the map is updated: Picks around the world map
Chevo, if there's a pic in particular you'd like, send it on ... click on my email or you can send to mekidsmom@gmail.com as well. For now, I found a beautiful picture of the Brisbane CBD and Story Bridge. I'm surprised they got there so fast! Now... they haven't yet traveled over the Indian Ocean... ![]()
3,436 2010-01-04 14:43:41
Re: ANOTHER BORING DISCUSSION Beach Boys versus Beatles (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I was at a bar and the band was doing songs from both. They were able to do a nice job with the Beatles songs... they totally KILLED the Beach Boys songs... terrible. Soooo... if nothing else, I haven't really heard very many that can (at least in a bar, a low end band) recreate what they did in a decent way. So props to the Beach Boys for being sooo unique ... tho, I'd prefer to listen to the Beatles!
3,437 2010-01-04 14:40:42
Re: A MUSIC INSTRUMENT FOR X-MAS & NEW YEAR? (1 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I got guitar stuff... I bought guitars!
For my 13 year old... an SX Kit for $115 including 10w amp, electric guitar, tuner, gig bag... much nicer than the squire and cheaper too! For the hubby... an SX fat strat copy for $129 ... again, way nicer than a squire and cheaper again. He did have to learn how to set it up tho (and buy himself an amp). Cheaper than usual? Not really... I think now that the season is OVER everything will be on sale!
3,438 2010-01-04 14:25:20
Re: Happy Birthday Mekidsmom! (17 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
OMG! I JUST SAW THIS! Thank you all so much! Jeff, you're the best... even after all my whining on facebook! ha ha! Everytime I start to feel old, I just remember that my husband is 6 years older than I and therefore, I will ALWAYS be young compared to him! ha! Mean, so mean... but yet so true and always makes me feel better! So, I am officially 33 (and that means this year he turns the big 40 ahhh!).
So, after a day to myself and a lovely bubbly bath... I made Souvlaki (because it's my fav and no one else around here knows how to do it "right" the way the authentic Greek diner I nearly grew up in made it), a heavenly Angel food cake filled with whipped cream, pineapples and cherries... AND I got some new PJ's from my 2 year old, a scarf and gloves from my 4 yr old, a pair of snowpants from my 13 yr old (because he wore out and broke my old ones
), and TODAY is the day we are eligible for an upgrade on our cell phones and I have the promise of a new Moto Droid from the hubster! It is time for me to get something "techie" and I am SOOO excited about it! Next year will be a new guitar, I can feel it!
As for getting my b.day in before the end of the year (get ready to laugh) my parents like to tell the story of how they talked the doc into inducing labor a few days earlier than he wanted to so they could claim me on income taxes in '76 ... hey, whatever works right?
Thanks again Chordie Family!!
3,439 2010-01-04 11:38:13
Re: It's a shame. (16 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Agreed... there's been a few times I almost took offence, then saw a smilie and realized it was a "funny" ... cultures, the black and white... it all plays a part. Not to mention, people HAVE different senses of humor (the dry sort is what usually knocks me for a loop, interesting because I also do not like dry wine yet my sense of humor can sometimes be dry as well... so ironic). I think it's important to take life with a grain of salt, and never assume because you know what happens when you break down THAT word?
Honestly, when ever I've told my hubby about an issue that's arisen here over different opinions (generally about culture and lack of knowledge of how another celebrates... most recently I will say... the conversation that evolved about American Thanksgiving)... he always says, "I thought it was a music website?" ... he's right... so I put it aside and move on to the music stuff!
Happy days, stay calm
... big smiles
.. we're here to have fun, so if someone is disturbing than we should just ignore them
and go on our merry way! ![]()
3,440 2010-01-03 14:56:55
Re: The Weather !!!!!!!! (37 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
BEAUTIFUL photo topdown! Here... we have snow, snow, and more snow... nothing much but snow and below 0 windchills. So far we've had record snowfalls in the negative... meaning... we've had less snow to date than any other year... but it's here now. We're expecting an average year of snowfall in NY... with "near miss" storms, which means we'll probably end up with some seriously AWESOME blizzard this year (or almost? if you listen to the weathermen). The weathermen appear to be protecting their buns with the expectations! LOL! ![]()
Apparently the weather is pretty screwy all over the world. I hear Africa is expecting possible snow this year... crazy! And I heard something about Florida expecting snow? I don't know... except that I really hope this is my last winter in NY. It's probably not, but I can dream!
3,441 2010-01-03 14:39:33
Re: It's a shame. (16 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I agree... black and white online tends to cause issues more often than it probably should. I wonder if there was something in particular that sparked this post deadstring? If it was me... I probably didn't mean it!
Smile on...
3,442 2010-01-02 19:14:02
Re: No more Amp Questions (6 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
Well that's awesome! I'll have to let the boys know when they get to that point of wanting to plug more stuff in... good idea rather than buying a new amp (course, if you were starting the better amp would be great... but to add on... PERFECTO!) Thank you for sharing this info... and congrats on the find!
3,443 2010-01-02 12:40:59
Re: No more Amp Questions (6 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
So let me get this right... this little rather cheap dohicky allows you to plug in a mic and possibly another guitar to your amp? Or... a few pedals? Sounds like an excellent answer to playing with more than one item in the house.
3,444 2010-01-01 13:36:24
Re: spending 31st dec (15 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
We have friends and family around - started at 4 pm around 4 hours ago. We'll see the new year in with some fine Irish whiskey. Funny we're having chilli too - and a half side of salmon. Must swop recipes, Mekidsmom.
Well... we started around 7 when our dear friends we see about 2 times a year arrived (tho I started cleaning and cooking around 1)... had some drinks, a little Jack-n-Coke, played a few board games, laughed our butts off... ate... rang in the new year with Red Cat (not the best wine, but it worked... and better than cheap champagne... tho I do ADORE expensive champagne!)... watched the kids play the Wii... and went to bed around 2AM. It was a lovely evening!
As for my Chili recipe... I've attempted making it from scratch several times and for some reason, I always go back to this lovely cheat that I found years ago because it tastes sooo good and authentic and is sooo easy. Look for a can of "Chili Magic" ... that's right! It's a chili starter in a can. Contains all your beans and seasonings... just add can of diced tomatoes, beef, and onions. I feel so cheap admitting that I do this when I am the one that bakes homemade bread (no bread machine), cinnamon buns, makes homemade souvlaki and backalava among other "difficult" meals and treats... but alas... the chili magic is as good as any homemade chili! My friends go crazy over it... "oh Amy this is sooo good! I love your chili!" I've admitted to them what I do, but I don't think they believe me to this day! LOL!
3,445 2010-01-01 13:27:13
Re: "Friend of the Devil" (7 replies, posted in Acoustic)
Ha! My mom was over and I was actually going thru some of my online stuff to share with her... she saw this and wanted to see MORE of the Luke vids you have up there! Cutie petutie! Keep it up!
3,446 2010-01-01 13:24:43
Re: Tips for proper form for barre F chord? (And other barre chords) (21 replies, posted in Electric)
On day 6, it seems that trying to master barre chords might be a bit much. Perhaps you should slow down and start over, trying to master some basic open chords first? A favorite among many chordie members is www.justinguitar.com ... good luck, and welcome to Chordie!!
3,447 2010-01-01 13:18:23
Re: Happy New Year to you all ! (17 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Happy New Year to you all as well!
3,448 2009-12-30 16:43:57
Re: Another sleepless night. (21 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
LMAO! you guys are all the same!
Glad to hear you slept Zurf... never heard of this kava kava pill... nite time cold medicine works wonders for my sleep when needed.
3,449 2009-12-30 13:49:59
Re: spending 31st dec (15 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
No picnic here... we've got a foot or so of snow. Folks come over to our house starting around 7PM...everyone brings something to eat and drink, and I generally make chili, meatballs, and a ham... we eat, have drinks, laughter, play some games... and watch the countdown to the New Year on TV... then everyone gives everyone else a kiss and hug as we toast in the new year with a glass of champagne. It's the only time the kids are all allowed to stay up till midnight.
3,450 2009-12-29 14:07:04
Re: Ok, so what new toys did you get? (22 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
no toys just clothes,I think my kids are trying to tell me something.
sorry to hear that! I didn't really get any toys either... sad day... feel like a little brat pouting in the corner cuz I didn't get anything to keep my attention for more than a minute or two... although the things I did get will come in handy. It's ok if you go pout for a bit about it dino... and then take a trip to the store and get yourself something good! LOL!