Re: Snark Tuner

Ya, I have one too and dig it.  Perfect for quick tuning at open mics where my Hardwire mute tuner just isn't usable (too many strange 'drunk' feet wandering around the stage).  I find the Snark very accurate, and the built in 'tap tempo' metronome is a cool function. 

Watch it close if you take it to jams tho.  People wanna borrow it, pass it around for tuning, and goes home with the last person that used it.   

PEACE

Looks like I caught in a bad spot spot on that one.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well, they didn't have the snarks at the grand opening this past saturday....but I did get this for $10.00...

http://www.drumza.com/images/FishmanFT1ClipOnTuner.jpg

A BIG upgrade from my Korg GA-20 plug in tuner.
The accuracy on this clip-on unit blows the korg out of the water.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Does that one work by vibrations too like the Snark?  Looks easy to read, although not as pretty.  Hey, if it does the job right?  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Yes, it works the same.
I haven't been able to A-B it against a Snark but it gets the job done faster than...
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTDD-HdzegmHMGbbT1UGiWFYTvJrMZE99Trqtr6axe1HTqUFFfgA

and

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRdviNbLN2E4UFS310viwXYWxgxLZtelZlFV8Pyz4f3y-Aa-na

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/crazyoldcoot/One_Touchers.jpg
I couldn't find a SNARK either but found this. It swivels and folds down. You can leave it attached and still close your case. Just another variation of a great idea.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I like the idea of leaving it attached deadstring!  Now... do they make a capo I can do that with?  My capo lives at the head of my guitar, except for when I put it in the case sad  I'm always worried I'm going to lose it when travelling.

MKM  This is the only option I know of.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/crazyoldcoot/p576.jpg

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

sad  I don't like those type.  I like the alligator type.  Oh well... I just have to be careful to put it in the front pocket of the guitar case when not in use.

I had the fishman one.Now gabbytrout has one.I hated it ,she loves it.My seiko quartz is dead and I have tried 4 different ones so far.Is there a difference between the snark and the fishman.A good easy to use tuner is priceless.Also,is it a strange coincidence that a girl named gabbyTROUT would prefer the FISHman?I couldnt resist throwing that in.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I'm not sure, I looked the fishman tuner up online and it looks like it works similarly.  I like the bright colors of the snark though.  VERY easy to see, and it's super accurate.

As reported before. I was looking for a Snark and they had none so I bought the ONE TOUCH. I am very satisfied with it but every time I needed it while practicing I had to get it out of my case since I have been jamming some. Soooooooo I went back to get another ONE TOUCH only to find that this time they did have a SNARK for a buck less. I got one and I find that both are good. They prove each other when both are used at the same time. The Snark seems to react a split second sooner but not enough to make a difference,

38 (edited by dfoskey 2011-07-05 21:05:47)

Here's a capo/tuner that should fit the bill if you want to be a little spendy. Im thinking of getting one myself. Sorry for the link but don't know how to do pics of it like those above.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor … capo-tuner

Wow that's a pretty cool gadget. They should make the tuner part rotate so you could see it easier.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really trying to bump this or anything... but I just got an e-mail flyer from musicians friend with the Snark under $20 with free shipping.  Sorry to our offshore friends though, it seems they only ship US and Canada presently.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

dfoskey wrote:

Here's a capo/tuner that should fit the bill if you want to be a little spendy. Im thinking of getting one myself. Sorry for the link but don't know how to do pics of it like those above.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor … capo-tuner

VERY neat little gadget!

Awesome! I want one.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

All the cool kids at my bluegrass jam have one.

I've seen quite a few people tuning their guitar by ear. Good on them. But I cannot do this quickly so me it a digital tuner. I wonder if they are unaware or just showing off or something.

While at the guitar store I've "checked" a few sales people who tuned it by ear. They are always off a little. Better than I could ever do but off.

It kinda is good to learn though, if you're ever caught without a tuner.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

I can tune by ear but, thats only if the drummer will shut up for a minute. I mean just one lousy minute, but that guy is like crash, crash, crash, like the sound of that cymbal needs to be tuned or something. Also, nobody wants to listen to you go bing bong..... bing bong..... in between every song all night. Even more than they dont want to hear bing bong... they don't want to hear you play out of tune. I mean really, is there any excuse to ever play out of tune these days? And when someone else is talking or singing or playing its great to be able to roll off the throttle and do a quick little check till your next part.

Craig23,
Spoken like a veteran. LOL regarding the drummer..."tune the symbol". Hilarious.
dj

I'd like to be able to tune by ear...that being said, I wish I would have spent the time trying to master this "art" of the tune, trying to master the B chord for instance. I look around and I have a tuner in my phone, my iPod, in my metronome, in my POD and then I have another two clip on tuners. One for my acoustic, one for my electric. BTW, I have the SNARK and I love it. Am I off base? Does learning help me develop my ear? I would really like to hear opinions on this.

Do something, anything each and everyday...

Being able to tune by ear probably does make you a better player or maybe it's a sign you are an accomplished player. But playing a guitar out-of-tune is just plain wrong and should be a illegal. So I subscribe to the electronic tuners.