Re: Your Weather

Rained all night. Still raining. Sick and tired of it. Supposed to play music tonight with friends but it may get canceled due to the rain.

nela

You've made national news.  Well, maybe not YOU specifically - but your region.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Things are bad around here. Lots of folks have had to abandon their homes due to the rains. The rain came so fast that no one had time to prepare for what happened. With Monroe / West Monroe being a "river city" and the river rising over 6' in a 24 hour perion is totally unheard of. So far we have been lucky in there has only been 3 deaths confirmed. It could have been much worse. The rain appears to have stopped this morning so we are getting a well deserved break. We have received right around 21 inches of rain since late Tuesday afternoon. Me and mine are high and dry and we are very thankful for that. I have a couple of "carpet blower" fans that I am carrying to some friends so they can begin to dry their house out, today. I imagine they will get well used before I get them back. Anyway, ya'll keep us in your prayers - we need them.

Nela

The rodent lied!

A couple inches of fresh, white spring on the ground this morning with record cold forecast for tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking Punxsutawney Phil has been indulging a little too much.

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.fotocommunity.com%2Fphotos%2Fmammals%2Fherbivore%2Fpot-smoking-ground-hog-in-his-garden-471026b1-103a-4d44-ad33-c3baf3459e11.jpg&sp=ec6e7e07de31a042f1e6e5ff68dbc8cf

Yeah Joe, we woke up to 3" of snow this morning.  20 miles north of here they didn't get anything.  Last week I was running around in a tee shirt.

Oh well........

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I live in the New England area where the motto is: If you don't like the weather; wait 5 minutes... it'll change. smile So far, holding steady and cold at 31(ish) degrees Farenheit for some days, but I'm sure that'll change soon. We did get a mini-blizzard on the second day of spring. smile

Blog: http://kimnoblemusic.tumblr.com
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/kimnoblemusic
Personal Site: http://kimnoblemusic.com/

We're just coming off almost 2 weeks of unseasonably good..... shoot, it was 83 on my back porch in the shade on Thursday!  Folks are still driving around with snowboards on the roof rack though.

This keeps up, we'll be having to plow the fire-breaks real early!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

unclejoesband wrote:

The rodent lied!

A couple inches of fresh, white spring on the ground this morning with record cold forecast for tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking Punxsutawney Phil has been indulging a little too much.

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.fotocommunity.com%2Fphotos%2Fmammals%2Fherbivore%2Fpot-smoking-ground-hog-in-his-garden-471026b1-103a-4d44-ad33-c3baf3459e11.jpg&sp=ec6e7e07de31a042f1e6e5ff68dbc8cf

You shoukd never trust  a gloriefied  Rodent he is a rat .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I feel your pain!  It was BEAUTIFUL here for a while.  Spring was springing up all over.  Then all of a sudden we got snow and it hasn't warmed back up since. We're on about 2 weeks of the "spring joke" now.  Snow this time of year here is no biggie, but it doesn't generally fall after the flowers come up.  sad

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12923227_10209144503188322_6308865020547212570_n.jpg?oh=c7e1c61e63663a9beee7675a6f1f9a98&oe=5780C8A3

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Not mention the rain Amy, up here in NYS.  !  I have had six softball games cancelled so far.... we have not played even one on our schedule yet.
Forecast for today and tomorrow - rain  100% chance !
We are going to have a lot of flowers in May if the old adage is true sad

I'm ready for warm and sunny!!!:),

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Took me awhile to find this. I didn't realize how long it had been since a post was made in this thread.

First day of Spring here in the Northern Hemisphere and we have 6" of fresh snow on the ground.

30 miles to our South and they're expecting 15"

We are not expecting any snow for a change. I’m ready for warm weather and sunshine.

mekidsdad wrote:

We are not expecting any snow for a change. I’m ready for warm weather and sunshine.

Yeah. You guy's got pounded pretty hard this season. Most of the snow missed us by skirting off to our South or East. Guess we're paying for it now. roll

We ended up with 11" of fresh, white Spring on the ground. A lot of it has melted away already. Should probably be all gone by Monday or Tuesday. They're talking about upper 40's for the weekend and approaching 60° by Thursday.

Hoping to get to the range today in order to see what all the wind over the winter has done to our 3D range. It's a 2.1 mile path winding back and forth through 38 acres of woodland. There are at least three trees along the path that need to be removed, but because of placement make removal difficult. I should have Uncle Joe come down to shoot a round and expound upon the nature of tree removal then repair to the clubhouse for a fire and picking.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

I should have Uncle Joe come down to shoot a round and expound upon the nature of tree removal then repair to the clubhouse for a fire and picking.

I could do that. I won't be bringing the F700 or chipper but with 38 acres of woods, I'm sure you can find a place to hide all the debris. smile

While I'm thinking about it; Is there going to be a Zurfapalooza this year?

Probably not this year, though Topdawgz is looking to do something on Memorial Day weekend in his neck of the woods. Things are still too up in the air with my Dad for me to plan.

It`s supposed to snow tomorrow. Not a lot. It`s not the amount. It`s just the idea. This is April and we are getting snow after a fairly warm winter.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Yep. The weather guru's are calling for 1"-3" here as well. But being April, it won't stick around long.

Spring is here! 70° today. 78° tomorrow and 81° on Saturday. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6569.gif

unclejoesband wrote:

Spring is here! 70° today. 78° tomorrow and 81° on Saturday. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6569.gif

70 here in southern Ohio today also.  76 and sunny predicted for tomorrow and my favorite smallmouth stream is the only one in a 50 mile radius that isn't flooded so I'll be out floating in one of my kayaks and flinging lures tomorrow morning.  I had a minor procedure performed on my back today to reduce pain in my legs. The doc told me to take it easy a couple days and avoid exposing the area to contaminated water to prevent infection.  I explained that I have been waiting 5 months for ideal conditions on the stream and tomorrow was going to be "the day" as rain is expected over the weekend and will probably muddy the water and make it unfishable again. He shook his head, grinned and finally told me to go ahead but be extra careful. smile

So I'll be able to fish tomorrow, make it to the weekly Saturday morning  jam session at the local music store, play again for a "special needs" children's group Monday, then head for Alabama and Florida for 10 days with my camper, bringing along a guitar for a little "campfire pickin" .  I have to admit this retirement life  is pretty sweet........!!!!

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Enjoy your trip, DE.

I've been out twice fly fishing for trout in the last couple of weeks, and had some great success. But it's still quite cold ... had to keep picking ice out of the rod guides. Sounds like you're making a beeline for warmer climates ... stay safe.

I would love 70’s. Still in the 40’s here. Chance of snow again this weekend.

I saw that. Snow or maybe ice.

I always move up to your lake when I pull up a radar map. Then I think; They're getting pounded again. smile

Well it appears to be monsoon season in Pa.

We've had 6" of rain in the last 3 days and they're calling for 4"-5" more the next couple days. I'm thinking I should have started my ark a lot sooner. smile