Topic: Favorite Band

Hi.

i was just wondering what everyone's fav band was. it can be christian, non, metal, punk, whatever.

mine is Stellar Kart

The world is only going to get worse!

Re: Favorite Band

We had Stellar Kart at a graduation celebration last fall.  One of those crazy things where they were in the area, had a gig cancel, were looking for some volunteer activity to do, someone knew someone who knew someone and everything all worked out.  Soemthing like 30 people claimed to convert at that celebration. 

For my favorite band, it changes from time to time.  However, I always enjoy the live tunes we sing and share around riverbank campfires after a long day of paddling.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Union Station

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

The Band

Badeye cool

one caper after another

5 (edited by 06sc500 2008-11-23 18:42:49)

It varies from day to day and what kind of mood I'm in.  My top few faves are Styx, Beatles, Eagles, Third Day, Skillet, and Steven Curtis Chapman (not really a band, but whatever)

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Conor Oberst (Ok, he's a singer, not a band, but I love all his music and the bands he's been in...)

-Kerry-

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

sorry about that.

it can be a singer too

has anyone heard of
"the clark brothers"

they won the Next Great American Band show

The Clark Brothers were amazing ... a lot of talent with those guys ... I've seen them as the back-up band on American Idol as well ... speaking of Christian Bands, I loved Stryper too

My favorite band is U2 but I'm also partial to old metal bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

they're on youtube.
click on their audition, it's AWSOME!!!!!

LesPaulGuy wrote:

The Clark Brothers were amazing ... a lot of talent with those guys ... I've seen them as the back-up band on American Idol as well ... speaking of Christian Bands, I loved Stryper too

My favorite band is U2 but I'm also partial to old metal bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.

I used to run the sound board for a praise band where the guitarist was formerly the lead for Stryper.  He was a gentle man with lots of kids and a crazy good guitarist. 

- Big D

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

12 (edited by washed by Him! 2008-11-28 21:04:54)

that's really cool Zurf.
it's neat you mentioned that because my brother helps run the sound system at our church where i play elec giter

Zurf wrote:
LesPaulGuy wrote:

I used to run the sound board for a praise band where the guitarist was formerly the lead for Stryper.  He was a gentle man with lots of kids and a crazy good guitarist. 

- Big D

Wow that's pretty slick Zurf ... I remember the lead guitarist was VERY talented

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

LesPaulGuy wrote:
Zurf wrote:
LesPaulGuy wrote:

- Big D

Wow that's pretty slick Zurf ... I remember the lead guitarist was VERY talented

He is at that.  It's also nice to meet someone who has made it big (at least for a while) and continues to live modestly and in accordance with his beliefs. 

- Zurf

p.s.  Sorry about the name thing.  I use Big D on other boards, but it was taken here.  I also go by halffastpaddler.

good grief..!   I cant pick one favourite band.. LOL.....  i love allsorts! (& no i don't mean the liquorice.. hehe).  From Oasis, to Queen, to U2, to GunsNRoses, to Greenday, the Levellers, the Beatles, Monkees, Stones.. wow..!  Too many great artists to choose just one.

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

yeah i know how you feel, their are a lot of christian bands too.

favourite ones i am listening to right now are hanoi rocks, sex pistols, And iron Maiden.

next week it will change yet again

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Many and varied from 60's Pop and Rock bands, Jefferson Airplane, The Rascals, Jethro Tull, etc, etc, etc, to folk groups, The Weavers, Schooner Fare, Mary McCaslin, Gordon Lightfoot, etc, etc, etc.   Some more recent stuff like AC/DC.  In truth if I listed all my favorites I'd be posting all night!  OY

My tastes are varied and eclectic.  I have tunes in my collection that were probably on the charts for all of 5 minutes.  As well as more famous groups and performers.  What I like changes daily and depends upon my mood.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

19 (edited by washed by Him! 2008-12-07 17:36:32)

does anyone know the difference between pop and hip hop?

Oh yah What are hip-hop & pop?

Skillet is a really good Christian band-they do stuff from alt rock to borderline metal.  For the times when you need something loud, As I Lay Dying is a really cool metalcore Christian band.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Dc Talk is kinda cool.
06sc500, i just looked up the band Skillet on yourmusiczone.com(a grate place for christian bands), THEY ARE SWEET!!!!!!!

hey guys another band you should check out is UNDEROATH

does anyone know how good dead poetic is?

Skillet is awesome XD
oh so many to name...
well lets see... more of the heavy rock and screamo, i like bullet for my valentine, the used, three days grace, the devil wears prada

for alternitive, i like the killers, red jumpsuit apparatus, coheed and cambria, the all american rejects, hawthorne heights, fly leaf, tickle me pink, the cab, hey monday, rise against, 30 seconds to mars

etc etc etc

ScR3@m M3 @ 10v3 50nG

I hate when people call me ~&^young,^&~ just because of my ~$)age($~
Did you ever consider my ~#(Mind?)#~

I love the Novaks. Absolutely love them. If you know who they are, I've underestimated their reach;).

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.