926

(3 replies, posted in My local band and me)

That has a good dance pop feel to it.     

927

(3 replies, posted in My local band and me)

That is a good break up song.     

928

(10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

Good one Jim, I was starting to think chordie had died and everyone had left, Nice looking guitar you got there.     

929

(5 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

Easybeat   if my memory is correct there wasn't any need to pay dollars to enter that contest you entered.?     

930

(0 replies, posted in My local band and me)

Here is me doing a you can do it sort of song. I perceive a bit of a lack of confidence or negativity going around at the moment so I wrote this as a positive song as result of that. .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NdsrcN-V3E&t=82s 

931

(4 replies, posted in Poems)

Phill Williams wrote:

I try to keep my head on my shoulders these days lol.
Without the natural world and all the beautiful flora and fauna what will be left? We are destroying what makes this world! Your words resonate my friend.
I love the sound of the birds and bees and breeze through the leaves of the summer trees.
The scent of flowers, gardeners hours, spent lovingly caring for spring and summer display.
Birds chirping or flying to and fro.
Lazing in a summer meadow, stay, never go.

Good one Phill

Laying in the paddock listening to the mooing of the cows.

I wont go into the next paddock that’s where the sheep have eaten all the flowers.     

Jim it is good to hear a song tackling this global epidemic of depression, anxiety and the tragic things happening around mental illness. Well written sung and played.     

933

(4 replies, posted in Poems)

Thank you Jim for taking the time to have a listen and leave a comment. I tried to give it a bit of a Neil Young Vibe. I like spending time just taking in nature it helps keep my head in a good space.     

934

(4 replies, posted in Poems)

Though I wrote this about one of my happy places to be in life enjoying nature.  I  have also done it as a folk song attached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTn_kVjbeIo

                                                                  Don’t want No Noise

Don’t want no noise around here.

Just want the sound of the birds and bees.

The rustling of the trees.

Don’t want no noise around here.

Don’t want no noise around here.

A little sound from rustling trees.

A Tui or a bird or two

The humming of the bumble bee.

Don’t want no noise around here.

Don’t want no noise.

Don’t want no noise around here. 

935

(3 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

I  have always thought there was a lot of acrimony between the Beatles when they broke up. After checking out a video interview with Paul McCartney about the upcoming film about the Beatles by Peter Jackson I think I may have brought into a myth when in fact there was a lot of joy around the Beatles last recording project. Maybe some of the reported tension with John and Paul was really clever marketing??? Short video attached.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCVA2DXMKM 

936

(9 replies, posted in Songwriting)

That has come together good Jeff     

937

(11 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Clever Blues. I like a good storyline in a song and you have done that.. Maree and I, years back went down to Tijuana for a day from LA on a bus. We were given a map on the bus showing us the safe area to walk around and the area that weren't.  Maree and I stuck to the suggested safe area  another couple on the bus decided to ignore the advice got mugged they lost their money but got to keep their passports.

938

(2 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

Sad to hear of Charley passing, He use to have a big band called The Charley Watt Big Band that played all sorts of popular big band music Glen Miller and so on. When we lived in London they use to play at the Richmond Theatre  a few times a year which Maree and I went to one of their concerts it was different and good. Sometimes we saw Charley being driven around Richmond in summer in one of his vintage cars with his big Afghan Hound sitting in the car enjoying the breeze while having the car hood down. RIP  Charley.

939

(2 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Cheers Phill. Over the last few days I have made a lot of phone calls. I'm not normally much of a phone person  but I have found it to have been a rewarding interesting way of catching up.     

940

(2 replies, posted in Songwriting)

We are in lockdown down here in New Zealand and I wrote this after talking to a friend who lives alone.
Sorry about the sound quality and my voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEwmVvYEyk4
                                                       
                                        Just  A Thought

Pick up the phone.

Give it a dial.

See if their at home.

It can’t be nice if your all alone.

Pick up the phone.

Let them know that your still their friend.

It can’t be nice if your all alone.

Pick up the phone.

Let them know that your still their friend.

Pick up the phone.

Dial their number.

Pick up the phone.

To say hello.

Hello how are you.

That all it takes.

That  all it takes.

A little hello.

Is like saying.

Like saying I love you.

941

(3 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

Cheers Piri I was hoping for some others to enter the lift with other instruments to add to the sound. Our Police have a very laidback down to earth style of policing mostly.     

942

(3 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

A good use of an elevator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPL3mPRn_o

943

(8 replies, posted in JamPlay.com)

Thank you Bill that was interesting and I love the way he teaches how to play the chords to Wagon Wheel.     

944

(5 replies, posted in Songwriting)

I like the lyrics Beamer and your backing track sounds good. I got a friend who gets on well with his ex wife and her new husband and he often tells me, "once I fell out of lust with her I discovered she could be a good friend."

Jim you have put together a song with lyrical brilliance. The title "Cryptic Trance" superb. a perfect name for a band.

946

(11 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Jeff that is clever how you put this song together. Brilliant  how you use food and cooking in your lyrics. Definitely a Gold medal song your entry here in  Bill's songwriting  goal. challenge.     

947

(8 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Thank you Bill , Brian and  Jim for your comments   If it was good enough for Pink Floyd  and Abba to write about money it means there is plenty of room for Phill and I to add another song to the world on dosh. I actually only wrote a few of the lyrics and Phill did all the rest music vocals and so on. Phill is a genius when it comes to music and songwriting. I  made the video  and I hope it worked well with the song.

948

(8 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Our crystal balls might all be different on how we see or perceive the future of the planet. People’s world view obviously shapes how they perceive the future of the planet and what is right.  I think all good people want the rich and powerful to act with integrity and not push that nuclear bomb button. We all want our legacy after we gone to be a good environment for future generations once we have done our time. This is a song my friend Phill and I wrote looking at what could happen if we keep destroying our natural resources.  One thing we all have in common money don’t count for nothing once we are gone or after everything has been destroyed. Sustainable fishing for instance not been maintain because of greed and corruption by some of the players in the world fishing industry. The dodgy ones with power and money mentality of take take take.  Here is Phill’s excellent vocals and musical ability making this song happen. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCpsmCsWdzo&t=101s

949

(30 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Bill you will always be Bill to me or Strummer Bill not Wih Re Moo.     

950

(30 replies, posted in Songwriting)

Bill your name in the local NZ indigenous language is Wiremu .