Topic: Coffee or Tea?

Is it true the Americans prefer coffee and the Brits are essentially tea drinkers? Hmmm....

Well, this Brit enjoys a nice cup of coffee. On average six a day. Whats your preference and where are you from?

Musical tastes range from Ludovico Einaudi to Killing Joke. A true definition of diversity, for sure!

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Coffee and I'm in the US.  But there are many times when a wee drop of tea (that's what my Gram always called it) is just the thing to hit the spot.  I also like herbal teas and will often have an herbal tea like peppermint or chamomile in lieu of a nightcap. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by jets60 2011-07-23 20:36:35)

I'm also in the US and I like both but lean toward coffee. My experience is that in the UK I have seen more use of instant coffee, but in the US brewed coffee is more popular. I'm not sure why. I do think tea is more appreciated in the UK than in America, although iced tea is more popular in the US. I like both, but prefer coffee in the morning unless I'm a bit under the weather then I swith to tea until I am better. My wife also enjoys green team, and I do to from  time to time.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Coffee, coffee, coffee.  And lots of it.  And strong.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Ever tried mixing a spoonful of coffee granules (Douwe Egberts!) with a bowl of vanilla ice cream! Fantastic!

Musical tastes range from Ludovico Einaudi to Killing Joke. A true definition of diversity, for sure!

Well "round these here parts" we drink alot of sweet iced tea, but except for the occasional coffee shop treat I don't hear of people drinking hot tea
very often.

All You Need is Love smile

I do not drink tea and have not done for over 50 years, I hate the stuff. So it is coffee for me every time.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

coffee.I put an extra scoop in the coffee maker when I make it.I tried tea but it bothers my stomach.So its coffee coffee coffee for joeyjoeyjoey.I had to throw that one in.Also.i`m from massachusetts.Home of the Boston tea party

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Another coffee drinker here. The wife is a sweet tea drinker, but it's not for me  - in the south they make it syrupy sweet (too sweet for me)

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm from the U.S. and I like tea hot or cold and hot coffee.
I be mighty easy to please.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hot  Coffee in the morning and iced Tea the rest of the day 4 me.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hot coffee from 6:00 am to 12:00 after that its gatorade and sweet tea to beat the summer heat.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I like coffee every morning about 4:30am. I like coffee after a good supper. If I had it I could drink coffee most anytime. And Bluejeep, next time you are hot and dry from the summer heat, try about a half cup of hot coffee.

Nela

I'll give that a try Nela, thanks for the tip.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Here in Georgia most everybody I know drinks sweet tea. I like a big cup of coffee to start and finish my day and water during the day. A southern meal ain't complete without a glass if sweet iced tea though.

Fromthe us I like my coffee rarely drink hot tea but I like iced tea in the summertime.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Coffee gives me a headache. Ever heard of Milo?

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

UK here and it's got to be hot, strong, "Yorkshire" tea for me.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Coffee (expresso) really popular in New Zealand.
I`m Tea & Coffee

The King Of Audio Torture

20 (edited by arkady 2011-07-24 09:28:20)

As a Brit basically brought up on tea with added milk and sugar though for many years have dropped the sugar...
Drinking one now as I type...
ark

Both for me.   coffee in the morn, tea in the eve.,   

badeye   cool

one caper after another

US, NY... STRONG COFFEE!  I have a Keurig so if I want a cup of coffee and don't feel like making an entire pot, there's always coffee ready in a matter of a minute (brewed... can't really stand the instant stuff).  Summer time... we'll drink plain ole cold tea (sun tea)... and I also enjoy some sweet lemon tea (or half tea half lemonaid).  In the wintertime I'll curl up with a cup of hot chamomile tea before bed.  My husband enjoys black tea on the cold winter evenings but it's just got too much caffeine in it for me at night!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Coffee.  We are trying to economize, but my wife informs me we will continue to get coffee regardless though she does not drink it herself.  Evidently, I'm difficult to be around if I don't get my morning dose.

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

Coffee's in the lead then!

No coffee for me just a super cold glass of iced tea.

Try this little treat:

Hot tea, little milk, little sugar, then dip an Oreo in, let it get a little soft then eat. UMMMMM!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!