Thanks Grah I needed a laugh, was the main character Bojo cos it sounded like him, made as much sense too! lol
276 2023-12-11 20:34:24
Re: DECEMBER 2023 FSOTM - RANDOM WORDS FROM A SITE- CHRISTMAS SONGS (46 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
277 2023-12-09 21:39:19
Re: DECEMBER 2023 FSOTM - RANDOM WORDS FROM A SITE- CHRISTMAS SONGS (46 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
good question Brian, I've heard it said many times in films. Maybe it's the only holiday they get in the USA? I know they get lots less than us lucky Brits.
Jan mentioned I should include Hey Santa on FSOTM as it's a christmas song, I thought it was a boozers ode like Fairy Tale Of New York?
https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/hey-s … al_sharing
278 2023-12-07 10:32:40
Re: DECEMBER 2023 FSOTM - RANDOM WORDS FROM A SITE- CHRISTMAS SONGS (46 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
After Brian's challenge I'd like to submit "Hey Santa" which can be found in the song writing forum.
279 2023-12-07 10:28:23
Re: Hey Santa (4 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Thanks for reading and listening everyone. I didn't think it qualified for FSOTM? I'll do that. The words, having had a few days to go over it
, do make me quake. I'm hoping people take it on face value and not read into it what wasn't intended. Thanks again, and merry Christmas to you all.
280 2023-12-05 22:08:27
Topic: Hey Santa (4 replies, posted in My local band and me)
This is my Christmas song for this year. It's quite short less than two and a half minutes. I hope you'll give it a listen and enjoy it, let me have your thoughts please. Link below
281 2023-12-05 21:17:44
Re: Worth The Wait (9 replies, posted in Songwriting)
thanks to those that had a listen and commented.
i am encouraged.gonna bang out a few christmas songs now for CSoM
hopefully others will do a christmas song too HINT ! HINT!
i would love to add your christmas song to my christmas playlist
all complaints to Esybeat please. after reading your post (above) Brian, this came to me so I wrote it down and the tune and chords came almost imediately. Recording to follow.
it's called, Hey Santa, original or what?
Hey Santa.Undefined
282 2023-12-05 10:31:03
Re: New CD - XS in an XXL world (13 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Hi Richard. Lately I've been writing a new song every week or two and record them to CD immediately. Once I fill a CD, usually 19 songs I'll play them in the car where I can have peace to listen. I'm not usually impressed with the results! I unfortunately don't have your talent. I enjoyed " prelude to solitude" you should be proud great job. Hope your CD sells well, I wouldn't have the guts to try selling my songs.
283 2023-12-03 11:09:42
Re: Worth The Wait (9 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Nice cheery tune Brian, another one to put into your kids library maybe?
284 2023-12-01 11:17:36
Re: Self Depreciation (8 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Pedr, I haven't listened yet but I identify with your words. As you may have recognised I have a strange sense of humour, I will say stuff that's funny to me yet makes others grimace and groan which in turn makes me laugh...I'm a strange one I know!
Jim, I used to love running but those days are long gone. My knees and feet just about allow me to walk these days which is why I had to give up gigging. I have dreams about running and playing sports, rugby, football, tennis, badminton etc all memories now. As Russ says, growing old isn't for sissies, or wimps.
285 2023-11-29 11:10:57
Re: Bushfire (9 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Richard, so glad to hear that and you are safe. Strum on
286 2023-11-27 10:12:52
Re: Microphone repair (8 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
When my kids were small I was known as "dad will fix it" that's the only similarity to Jimmy Saville! I used a Yamaha Mike but it gave up the ghost after 5 or 6 years half way through a gig. Luckily I always carried a spare Sure which wasn't as good but did the job.
287 2023-11-27 10:03:11
Re: Bushfire (9 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Wow. They say Welsh place names are wierd. Stay safe.
288 2023-11-24 11:02:43
Re: Song I wrote called Her Voice Again (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
You certainly have a way with words Jim. I like the way the second verse isn't just a continuation of the first without losing the basis of the song.
Nice one .
289 2023-11-17 10:49:56
Re: Tone deaf test (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I got mixed up with the first minor chord and melody. It sounded major to me...
290 2023-11-09 11:51:55
Re: Tooth Fairy (5 replies, posted in Poems)
Aaaww, poor kid! When I was loosing my milk teeth, I got just 3 pence a tooth! I think my grandkids get up to £5.00! I knew I was born too soon.
Here is my answer to Brian's poem from the other point of view...
Me bruvver ith tho nathty
He pulled all my tooffs out
He that upon my chetht
And wouldn't let me shout
He thead he'd share da munny
And buy me lots of toffee
So I'm really so upset wivv im
He never gave me any
291 2023-11-08 10:32:12
Re: The Haircut (8 replies, posted in Poems)
Brian that is hysterical! Makes me wonder did it actually happen?
Jim, sounds like your brother was a bully, just like the brother in home alone? I must admit though, I knocked out a few of my younger sisters teeth, by accident of course...they were loose at the time.
My dad used to cut my hair, short back and sides, not a good look back in the early 60's.
292 2023-10-26 10:16:51
Re: Don't Wanna Think (9 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Awesome Pedr. There is a catchy tune in there too! From what I could see the action doesn't seem that high, but check it out anyway, Richard is more savvy than I.
293 2023-10-22 10:59:18
Re: SOM for October (3 replies, posted in Songwriting)
The coffee must have been freezing by the time you got to the bottom of the cup?
It's an awful situation when good friends are breaking up, worse when one of them is ignorant of the fact until its too late. Some great lines in there Jim. You must be truly affected by this slow break up.
294 2023-10-15 09:36:41
Re: My Friend Caz. (6 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Beautiful voice and plays the piano well. Excellent song well produced. Should go far with the right exposure
295 2023-10-07 09:02:56
Re: Verbose Overdose (6 replies, posted in Poems)
Ingenious Pedr.
Back in the 60s there was a fella named Malcolm Mugrage, excuse my spelling, and he used to use long and confusing words. When asked he just said he had no idea what half those words meant or if he used them in the correct context. Boils down to bluff and bluster.
Apparently a lot of English words were made up by Shakespeare. A lot of new words or new meanings for old words are made up by colonials?
296 2023-10-03 19:13:33
Topic: importance of practice (3 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
for the last week or so I have neglected practicing, big mistake! so last night I picked up my guitar and strummed a few chords and did a few riffs and runs as is my want, when a chord sequence and some words came to me. so I worked on it then recorded the song with several over dubs, guitars mainly and worked out a bass line. boy did my fingers hurt this morning. no bleeding just soreness. just goes to show; you leave playing off for even a short while and you end up with tender finger tips and barre fingers. just thought I'd share.
297 2023-10-02 09:10:35
Re: Close Your Eyes (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Hi Jim. Nice writing . The metre seems perfect without me trying to play it, I'll give it a go later.
298 2023-09-27 10:09:18
Re: I Am Here (8 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Diolch yn fawr a Ngymru am byth. Thank you very much and Wales for ever. We were in our local club while the game was on and no one expected that score line all thanks to our New Zealand coach. We could have been in the ground not playing bingo as there was a great roar every time Wales scored.
Mobile phones are a problem. A law has been passed that using a phone while driving is an offense, yet White van man and youngsters will use their phone while dreving and texting or looking at videos. As you may have noticed it is a pet peeve of mine, I have many, too many to add to this post.
299 2023-09-26 09:12:12
Re: I Am Here (8 replies, posted in My local band and me)
It shows you're getting old when you start knocking youth culture, at least that's what my kids and grandkids tell me! Mobile phones are a blessing and the devil incarnate. Ive seen so many near misses due to someone studying their phone and walking out into the road without looking to pushing someone into the road cos they're too engrossed with what's on the screen. Once again Pedr you've penned your amazing ability to observe and describe what we all see but choose to ignore. I also like the transport theme.
300 2023-09-26 08:58:46
Re: Ham ( A Peatle & Easy production) (5 replies, posted in Poems)
Well done you two. Very short and the video was crackling!,, I take it that will be included in the next kids book by our eminent kids author?