Helena,
I am sorry for the delay in replying. A great song and I hope that you have really found some happiness. I like the chord sequence and the lyrics remind us the we should cherish each other and not take for granted. Well done,
Roger
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Helena,
I am sorry for the delay in replying. A great song and I hope that you have really found some happiness. I like the chord sequence and the lyrics remind us the we should cherish each other and not take for granted. Well done,
Roger
Hi Lieven,
Sorry to hear about you broken finger I hope that it soon mends and you can start playing again.
Venice is one of my favourite cities and you song has brough back some wonderful memories. Great lyrics and chord progression. Thank you and well done,
Roger
Wonderful song James just wonderful. If more people believed in what you and MLK believe in the world would be a happier place.
Roger
Well done BoneDaddy,
About time too. I like your song and am pleased that you have taken the plunge on YouTube. I also gave you 5 stars.
Nice one,
Roger
p.s. everyone please try and remember Ken's promice. I mean a Scotsman offering to buy a present and not only that to also pay for the postage to America!! It must be a first. ![]()
On writing that I must add in all seriousness that I have spent some time in Scotland and contrary to popular belief the Scots are really very generous and welcoming.
Hi Daddycool,
I have many fond memories of Chatsworth House, not only have I visited it on numerous occasions my work also took me to the MOT station within the grounds so I have been at all times of the year. I have often seen the magnificent herds of deer there. Thank you for the song and thank you for the memories.
Roger
Hi Jeff,
This will make you laugh when I started playing this I thought the chord sequence sounded more like a discord sequence. That was until I realised I was playing Db and not D# - must be getting past it!! Anyhow once I corrected my error I found it went together very well, like Ken I struggled at first and it took me until verse 3 to get the timing OK. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your creative process, well done.
Roger
Hi Jeff,
A reminiscing number you have here which many of us who have been on this planet a year or two will be able to relate to. You write excellent songs and it is difficult to say something that I have not said before so I hope 'well done and thank you' will suffice,
Roger
Nice song James,
As expected a slightly different melody to what I came up with when I played it. Well done, you really are becoming an expert recording artist after your initial trepidations.
Roger
Thank you Ark, Jeff and James,
My little break and writing this have in fact been great therapy. I said when I came to Portugal that I would not have any pets as they are too much of a responsibility and I too draining on my emotions - famous last words.
Roger
Hi Rebel,
Loved your song and was having great fun giving it a thrash but sadly I ran out of chords all too soon. Please, when you write a great song like this, put the chords all the way through so a doddering old fogey like me is able to complete it and enjoy it to the end.
Thank you and well done,
Roger
Hi Sean,
I have just given your song a run through and I must say that I preferred it with a D instead of the F#/D but on then reading the posts this is more or less what you intended.
I really liked your song and a great way to introduce yourself to us. Well done and I look forward to seeing, and playing, more songs from you.
Thank you,
Roger
Great James,
However if you cannot convince our mutual Irish lady friend to perform this for you you will have to don the dress and stiletto's, slap on the lippy and give it a whirl yourself.
A lovely song, simple to play but well crafted. Thank you.
Roger
Further to James's comment about the quirk of the formatting dropping out in the chorus and bridge indents. I to have found this and in several of my songs I have had to add an extra {soc} or {sob} command to keep the indented, italic display and stop it reverting to normal part way through.
Roger
Although I was not seeking comment I thank you all for your kind messages both here and the private ones I have recieved.
To Gerry Woods I will say that you have been a Chordie Member since 13th July 2007 and this is only your second contribution to the Forum (the other one having been deleted) I on the other hand joined 6 months prior to you and what kind of man am I? Well I have posted over 1,000 messages to this Forum, contributed several songs, all of which have been recorded and, along with some cover versions put on the Internet. I have helped a number of people and made numerous friends in America, Canada, Australia, Asia and Europe through Chordie. I have brothers, sisters, children and grandchildren and alas now only one cat all of whom I love and all love me in return. I have grieved, mourned and shed many tears for the loss of my cat Henry and what you seem not to have grasped is that to receive love (and respect for that matter) be it from man or beast, you have to first give it. Remember also that a cat, or any pet for that matter, is completely dependent upon you for its care and wellbeing. They give their love unconditionally.
Why not start a new thread in the 'Chat Corner' and find out just how many famous artists have written or performed a song about a pet, I think you will be surprised.
The song "Slave", if you had taken the trouble to read, play or listen to it, is in fact a tongue-in-cheek take on the way that a cat's behaviour is so very different from that of a dog. My latest song "Business As Usual" however is based on the sense of loss that I feel but I have tried to write it so that it can be about a death or the parting of ways for a person.
I do not know what sort of reaction you expected from me from your comment but I feel a great pity, sadness and sorrow for what is missing from your life.
If I can help you in any way please do not hesitate to write to me privately.
Take care,
Roger
Hi BoneDaddy,
The formatting should be {soc} and {eoc} with no spaces so that may just be the problem. If it is not that I am afraid I am stumped.
Roger
Ok it is back to "Business As Usual" although It will take me a day or two to catch up with all the postings in the last week.
http://www.myspace.com/rogerguppy
Hi All,
The reason for resurrecting this thread is that Henry, after a short illness past away in my arms at 6:00am this morning. I put a video featuring him on YouTube only two weeks ago and most of the footage was taken the day before it was uploaded. If you do watch it Henry is the silver tabby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKP9UTu1klk
I am not looking for replies but it is just to let you know why I will not be very active for a day or two.
Roger
Hi Jeff,
As 1947 was a vintage champagne year and also the year that I was born I think that 47 is a good one to have chosen.
Great song from you again with and interesting and unusual chord sequence that works very well. Thank you.
Roger
Hi Lieven,
To me the beauty of the songs posted here is that I can choose how I want to play them, fast, slow, 4/4, 3/4, strum or fingerpicking. It is even better to later hear a recording of how the composer intended it to be played and be able to compare the two, usually a very different version to my interpretation.
The only real way to give an example of how you intend your song to be played is to record it for others to listen/watch.
Roger
Nice recording James,
The finishing touch to a superb song, well done.
Roger
p.s.
I see the Helena had been living up to her signature
Well Helena I am used to that sound already, I have two cats remember and Henry sounds just like that if he meets another tom
I just had a shiver as though someone had walked over my grave but then had the idea to read Charlotte's signature and I see, Charlotte, that you want a name change. I have sent you a private e-mail about it.
Roger
Hi James,
Welcome to Chordie. I think Rebel is spot on with her comments (she is one smart lady), nice chord progression and lyrics.
Now as you are the most recently added friend to FoC how about getting behind a microphone and letting us hear just how your song should sound. There is always a place for a new song there.
Thank you and well done,
Roger
Happy Birthday from me too Jas. Enjoy your celebrations.
Roger
Nice one Helena,
I love to hear the songs recorded. It is fine to sit and play one from the chords shown but the recording from the composer brings the song to life and shows it the way it was intended to be.
Thank you and well done.
Roger
Now mine says 8th April 2045, a month before my 98th birthday - I was hoping to exceed the 100 as I have a lot more songs to write yet.
That Arkady was a nice chap, wasn't he? We have not heard from him for ages!
Roger
Helena if you have not got Lieven's link yet it is: http://www.deathclock.com
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc.
if(strstr($_GET['owner'],'@')) return;?>